• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use the Chef Hat Icon on Flyers?

In summary, The Pampered Chef has strict policies regarding the use of their chef hat icon. It can only be used on pre-approved materials or downloaded from Consultant's Corner. The company wants to carefully control its use in order to maintain a consistent corporate identity. This is a common practice in business to protect trademarks from becoming generic terms. While some may be annoyed that they can't use the tagline associated with the logo, TPC does have other logos that can be used with proper guidelines.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Here is a copy of TPC's policy on the use of the chef hat that we should all take heed to. I know that several of us have used it on flyers and at least one person is using it as their avatar.

I got this on CC this morning.

Chef’s Hat Icon Restrictions:
You may not use the chef’s hat icon by itself in any format in any way other than on pre-approved materials you purchase from our licensed merchandise vendors or downloaded from Consultant’s Corner (for example, promotional flyers). Because we want this image and the tagline to become a symbol of what The Pampered Chef® stands for, we must carefully control its use. If you have the chef’s hat icon on your Personal Web Site, use it in e-mail, on flyers or anything else you produce, you must remove it.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
Here is a copy of TPC's policy on the use of the chef hat that we should all take heed to. I know that several of us have used it on flyers and at least one person is using it as their aviatar.

I got this on CC this morning.

Chef’s Hat Icon Restrictions:
You may not use the chef’s hat icon by itself in any format in any way other than on pre-approved materials you purchase from our licensed merchandise vendors or downloaded from Consultant’s Corner (for example, promotional flyers). Because we want this image and the tagline to become a symbol of what The Pampered Chef® stands for, we must carefully control its use. If you have the chef’s hat icon on your Personal Web Site, use it in e-mail, on flyers or anything else you produce, you must remove it.

That verbiage is right on the consultant's corner under trademark usage. I don't really have a problem with TPC not allowing us to use the hat logo to identify ourselves. It's how they identify themselves.

There is a need to protect the corporate identity and logo. Business history is full of stories of a company letting the trademark genie out of the bottle and never being able to recover it. The most famous case is probably "zipper" which was a trademark that became a generic term. "Xerox®" nearly became both a noun and a verb. Kimberly-Clarke is still fighting the battle to keep "Kleenix®" as a trademarked brand name and not a generic term for tissue. There is no such thing as "rollerblading" because Rollerblade® is a trademarked brand of in-line skates.

Ford Motor Company recently faced a trademark dilemma with the script logo and the blue oval. Reproduction parts for antique Ford products use the logo, and Ford, like TPC, feared loss of their trademark. Ford Motor Company was not about to start remaking parts they obsoleted years ago, so they began a most unpopular program of logo-use license fees. The license program allowed reprduction parts makers to use the familiar logos. Be glad we aren't paying a license fee to use the logos that we are allowed to use.

I AM a little annoyed that we are not allowed to use the tagline. You know the one, something about explorers and cooking professionals. I suppose they paid a consultant a lot of money to write it and create the font for the logotype. You know the one I mean, I hope. I don't want to get into trouble here by using it, and I imagine we're not supposed to rhyme about a cooking store that comes to your door anymore.

TPC does have logos that we are allowed to use, they are downloadable from Consultant's Corner and the rules are posted there for the use of same.

We just can't wear the hat.

Response:Thank you for sharing this information. It's important for us to follow TPC's policies and guidelines to protect their brand and image. I know it may seem harmless to use the chef hat icon, but it's important to respect the company's wishes and not use it without their permission. Let's all make sure we are using the approved materials and following the rules set in place.

1. How can I incorporate the use of the chef hat in my Pampered Chef flyers?

The chef hat is a fun and eye-catching element to add to your Pampered Chef flyers. You can use it as a logo, a background image, or as a graphic element to highlight important information.

2. Can I use the chef hat in my flyers if I'm not a professional chef?

Absolutely! The chef hat is a symbol of good food and cooking, and it can be used by anyone who loves to cook and share delicious meals with their friends and family. It adds a touch of personality and warmth to your flyers.

3. Are there any guidelines for using the chef hat in my flyers?

While there are no strict guidelines, we recommend using the chef hat in a way that is consistent with the Pampered Chef brand. This means using it in a professional and tasteful manner, and avoiding any offensive or inappropriate use.

4. Can I customize the chef hat for my flyers?

Yes, you can definitely customize the chef hat to fit your specific needs and preferences. You can change the color, size, and placement of the chef hat in your flyers to make it unique and personalized.

5. Can I use the chef hat in digital flyers or only in printed ones?

You can use the chef hat in both digital and printed flyers. It can be easily added to your digital flyers as an image or graphic element, and it can also be included in your printed flyers for a more tactile and visually appealing design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies