• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Use "Draft" and "Black & White" for Your Default Printer Settings

In summary, using "Draft" and "Black & White" as default printer settings can save ink and toner, reduce printing time, and lower printing costs. To change your default settings, go to your computer's Control Panel and select "Printers and Faxes" or "Devices and Printers," depending on your operating system. This setting may affect the quality of prints, but can be adjusted for individual print jobs. Other benefits include being more environmentally friendly and maintaining the longevity of your printer.
nikked
Gold Member
If you go to your "control panel" ( or "devices and printers"), you can change the default settings on your printer to draft and print in grayscale (or black and white). By setting to default, you won't ever print using a lot of ink again. I'd say about 90% of what I print can be done in draft (including OOFs), saving a ton of ink! Make sure you change the default settings for all the computers in your home/network!

Yes- some printers "draft" isn't good enough. But I also print most everything in draft. I still do color.

It is important to optimize your printer settings. Usually the best quality isn't needed. Also printing in color too often can drain money.

What is the purpose of using "Draft" and "Black & White" as default printer settings?

Using "Draft" and "Black & White" as default printer settings can help save ink and toner, as well as reduce printing time. This is especially useful for printing documents that do not require high quality printing, such as drafts or internal documents.

How do I change my default printer settings to "Draft" and "Black & White"?

To change your default printer settings, go to your computer's Control Panel and select "Printers and Faxes" or "Devices and Printers," depending on your operating system. Right-click on your default printer and select "Printing Preferences." From there, you can adjust the settings to "Draft" and "Black & White" and save the changes.

Will using "Draft" and "Black & White" affect the quality of my prints?

Yes, using "Draft" and "Black & White" will result in lower quality prints. The text may appear lighter and images may be less detailed. However, this setting is ideal for printing documents that do not require high quality, and can help save ink and toner.

Can I still print in color or high quality if "Draft" and "Black & White" are my default settings?

Yes, you can still print in color and high quality by adjusting the settings when printing a specific document. The "Draft" and "Black & White" settings will only apply as the default, but can be changed for individual print jobs.

Are there any other benefits to using "Draft" and "Black & White" as default printer settings?

In addition to saving ink and toner, using "Draft" and "Black & White" as default printer settings can also help reduce printing costs and be more environmentally friendly. It can also help keep your printer running smoothly by reducing the strain on its components.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked