• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

US Circuit City to Close All Stores: Liquidation Sales Starting Saturday

In summary, the US Circuit City stores will be closing, and this will result in many people losing their jobs. The company is guaranteeing pay and benefits for employees for at least another 60 days. There is talk of offering them jobs with Pampered Chef or another company, but many people are emotional about the situation and may not be interested.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
It was announced today that all the US Circuit City stores will be closing! This makes me so sad! I like Circuit City far more than most the other electronic stores. I've always gotten good customer service and good deals there.An article I read said that the liquidation sales will start Saturday and go through March.

Unfortunately the store closings mean another 30,000 people unemployed in our country. Can you imagine what just that alone is going to do to the economy? And of course to all the families those people represent. Wow. Sad that things like this have to happen. :(

Ours closed RIGHT after Christmas...I think it was announced around Thanksgiving...:thumbdown:

Wow, think of all the people we can RECRUIT!!!!

chefsteph07 said:
Ours closed RIGHT after Christmas...I think it was announced around Thanksgiving...:thumbdown:

Ours did too, but they were to keep others open... Now they are ALL closing.

I never did like the store..... but still sad that more people are losing their jobs. :eek:But like Debbie said... All those people for us to recruit. :)

I'm really sad!

All those people for us to recruit....

I'm sorry, but I've gotten negative response when I've tried to recruit people who are unemployed ... they don't even have $155 for the kit .... they say they need something more steady. Who can blame them?

Maybe I'm just a little emotional about this because I could have lost my job this week and I know I cannot support myself on my PC income. Even if I was a director like some of the people in the example in the Career thing they had on CC, I calculated the income. It works out to less than minimum wage ...

:thumbdown: for people losing their jobs.

:thumbup: for my coworkers brother who works there & was looking for the motivation to find a better job. this is it! plus - he is replacing my car stereo today which was stolen OVER THE SUMMER! its been too long without a radio :blushing:

FYI: They are saying that gift cards will still be accepted and any extended warranty's on computers will still be valid because a third party company handles those.

From what I understood, all those that are currently working for Circuit City are supposed to be guaranteed pay and benefits for at least another 60 days. I've been trying to think of a sensitive way to offer them the Pampered Chef now as an additional job to provide security while they look for another job or they can use these two months to build up a PC business that could replace their other job when that time comes.... ?

What does the closing of Circuit City mean for Pampered Chef?

The closing of Circuit City does not have a direct impact on Pampered Chef. While we may have had a partnership with Circuit City in the past, our business model and products are separate from theirs. We will continue to operate and serve our customers as usual.

Will Pampered Chef be affected by the liquidation sales at Circuit City?

No, Pampered Chef will not be affected by the liquidation sales at Circuit City. Our products are not sold in Circuit City stores and we do not have any involvement in their sales or operations.

Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products at Circuit City stores?

No, you will not be able to purchase Pampered Chef products at Circuit City stores. Our products are exclusively sold through our independent consultants and on our website. We do not have any retail partnerships.

Are there any special deals or promotions in response to Circuit City's closing?

No, there are no special deals or promotions in response to Circuit City's closing. Our prices and promotions are determined by our company and are not affected by the operations of other retailers.

Will Pampered Chef be opening any new locations in place of the closing Circuit City stores?

No, Pampered Chef does not have any plans to open new locations in place of the closing Circuit City stores. We will continue to focus on our current sales model and serving our customers through our independent consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
michelletx
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • lockhartkitchen