• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Sales Tax for Events Outside City Limits: A Frustrating Reality

In summary, the host in Alaska does not have to charge the guest's for the city sales tax, but the guest has to pay the tax for the county/state the show is held in.
leslieprichett
for the dumbest reason.

I live in a city that has a sales tax. We all have 1 zip code, but not everyone in this zipcode lives in the city limits, therefore doesn't have a sales tax to pay.

Every time I have a host outside of the city limits and don't do the sales tax (cause they don't have to), my show gets put on hold. Such a pain in the tuckus LOL

That stinks. It's tough enough to deal with the different counties around here with their varying sales taxes, I can imagine city sales tax would be even worse!

That's NUTS! So, in Alaska, you charge tax to the guest's based on where THEY live, not the host's home? Because I always charge every guest the sales tax for the city/county/state the host is in (i.e., where the show is held). I have 4 different sales tax rates around me, so I have to pay attention to this, but I guess Alaska is different, right?

cathyskitchen said:
That's NUTS! So, in Alaska, you charge tax to the guest's based on where THEY live, not the host's home? Because I always charge every guest the sales tax for the city/county/state the host is in (i.e., where the show is held). I have 4 different sales tax rates around me, so I have to pay attention to this, but I guess Alaska is different, right?

I think she's saying that the host lives outside the city so she didn't charge the tax at all since it's the shipped to address but HO is saying she should have charged it so she has to go back and explain to HO to get it off hold.

BethCooks4U said:
I think she's saying that the host lives outside the city so she didn't charge the tax at all since it's the shipped to address but HO is saying she should have charged it so she has to go back and explain to HO to get it off hold.

Yup, you have it perfectly :)

What is "Urgggh, Show on Hold"?

"Urgggh, Show on Hold" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to a show or party that was originally scheduled to take place, but has been put on hold or postponed for various reasons.

Why would a show be put on hold?

There are several reasons why a show may be put on hold. It could be due to the host canceling or rescheduling, the consultant being unable to attend, or unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather or illness.

What should I do if my show is put on hold?

If your show is put on hold, the first step is to communicate with your host and find out the reason for the hold. From there, you can work together to come up with a new date or plan for the show. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef upline or team leader for support and advice on how to handle the situation.

Will my sales or commission be affected by a show on hold?

If a show is put on hold, it may affect your sales and commission for that particular show. However, if you and your host are able to reschedule and hold the show at a later date, you can still earn your commission from that show. It's important to keep communication open with your host and work together to find a solution.

How can I prevent shows from being put on hold?

While some things are out of our control, there are steps you can take to prevent shows from being put on hold. These include confirming details with your host before the show, staying organized and on top of your schedule, and being proactive in addressing any potential conflicts or issues that may arise. Remember, communication is key in preventing shows from being put on hold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies