1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent prayer request

1. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I really need all of you prayer warriors to pray for a friend of ours. Several years ago Josh worked in the oil field. There was a rig accident and he lost his leg...he is in his early 20s. He has been dealing with this fairly well even though he is always having to go to the doctor and he is in a great deal of pain. He is thankful to be alive. There was several miracles that occurred at the time of the accident. However, yesterday his parents...who are pastors...came home and found him "dead". They called 911 and began CPR. When the ambulance arrived they found a slight pulse and rushed him to the hospital. He is now listed as stable. They do not know what happened but they think it has something to do with his medication. They have been through so much these past few years. Please pray for Josh and his family as they deal with this situation.

Aug 16, 2009
  2. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

OMG, how tragic! Here's praying that he recovers and they figure out what to do for him.

Aug 16, 2009
  3. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

So sad, sending prayers.

Aug 16, 2009
  4. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

praying...

Aug 16, 2009
  5. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

where in OK are you? I'm in Yukon, just west of OKC

Aug 16, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'll be praying.

Aug 16, 2009
  7. Shawnna

Thanks for your prayers. Josh seems to be better. But he has pnemonia in both lungs and is on a ventilator. He did wake up. He has a bacterial infection that they haven't figured out where it came from or how to treat it. His blood pressure is up where it needs to be. Please keep praying for him and his family. They are worn out of course but keeping the faith.

We are in Southeast Oklahoma...the Poteau, McAlester area...I actually live in the middle between McAlester and Poteau. We are also about an hour south of Muskogee.

Aug 16, 2009
  8. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Prayers going up!

Aug 17, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Prayers are being said.

Aug 17, 2009
  10. Shawnna

Just an update on Josh: He is off the vent and breathing on his own. He is talking a little, but still running a temp. and is septic. We are waiting on the culture results to see as to what type of bacteria he has in order to know how to treat him.... Please continue to pray for complete healing in his body.

Aug 17, 2009
  11. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Shawnna,

Josh and his family are in my prayers. God has a strange way of testing us; some more than others. May Josh heal soon.

12. Shawnna

Update: Joshua's Pneumonia has improved from yesterday, and still waiting on the results of the infection. Did a stomach X Ray today and waiting on the results from that. If everything goes well today, they may put him in a regular room tomorrow. Your prayers are working, please keep it up.

Aug 19, 2009
  13. Shawnna

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and concerns for Josh, and Birthdy wishes for me. Josh is doing great today, got the IG tube out today and is wanting something to eat. He has been talking today and laughing with his friend, Scotty. We are ...marveled at what God has done for Josh. Now his only wishes is to GO HOME! To God be all the glory.

Aug 20, 2009
  14. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

What great news! I'm so glad that things are turning around for him.

Aug 20, 2009
  15. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Legend Member Gold Member

YAY! So glad that our prayers are being answered!

Aug 20, 2009
  16. Shawnna

Just thought I would let everyone know that Sister Cathy sent me a message to let me know that Josh is home. He is still weak and has lost about 20 pounds, but he is home and eating...and was able to go and play the drums for youth night at their church Wed.

Aug 27, 2009
  17. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Aug 28, 2009
  18. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

Wow! I missed this thread altogether. Sorry but I'm now praising God with all of you and praying that Josh continues to improve in health and keeps on serving his Lord and living life and sharing how he knows how quickly things can change.

Aug 28, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted