• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent (Kind Of): Pancakes in Bar Pan

In summary, the Large Bar Pan is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used for various breakfast dishes, such as pancakes. To make pancakes in the Large Bar Pan, pour the batter into the pan and bake at 375F for 10 minutes. It is important to watch them closely, as they cook quickly in a hot oven. The amount of batter needed is enough for 12 pancakes, but a double batch can be made for more servings. The pan can be seasoned or sprayed with oil before pouring in the batter. After 15-20 minutes, the pancake can be cut into squares with a pizza cutter and served. Additional toppings such as blueberries or sprinkles can be added before baking. The Large Bar
peichef
A friend / customer just asked me for the time / temp to do pancakes in the LBP. I do them all the time in mine, but haven't perfected the time/temp combo to a point where I feel comfortable giving her an answer (she's a bit skeptical about the panckaes, so I want hers to turn out well - lol).

I have a show tonight & want to get her the answer asap, since she wants to make them for breakfast in the morning.

TIA :)

Pour your pancake batter into the large bar pan and bake for about 10 min in a 375F oven, or until golden brown. They cook pretty quickly in a hot oven, so they should be watched as closely as you would watch pancakes on a griddle.

myinnerchef said:
Pour your pancake batter into the large bar pan and bake for about 10 min in a 375F oven, or until golden brown. They cook pretty quickly in a hot oven, so they should be watched as closely as you would watch pancakes on a griddle.

How much batter do you make for the LBP? I'm going to try this one.

So, you're making one giant pancake (that covers the entire bar pan)?

Make enough batter for 12 pancakes.

I usually make a double batch of the batter and pour it in and it seems like I bake it for 20 minutes...

This is such an easy breakfast -- I make a batch of 10-12, sometimes add blueberries or choc. chips to the batter, and bake at 350 for 10-15 min. Kids LOVE them. They end up getting square pancakes.

Another thing that's good is sprinkling on one of our sprinkles (cinnamon is really good) just before baking... Yummo!

gailz2 said:
This is such an easy breakfast -- I make a batch of 10-12, sometimes add blueberries or choc. chips to the batter, and bake at 350 for 10-15 min. Kids LOVE them. They end up getting square pancakes.

I've never heard of doing this! How do you do it? Do you make it in the large bar pan? That's the only bar pan I have. How much mix, etc.? Do you cover the whole bottom of the bar pan? And how do you know when it's done?

I'm just full of questions, aren't I???!

caraighan said:
I've never heard of doing this! How do you do it? Do you make it in the large bar pan? That's the only bar pan I have. How much mix, etc.? Do you cover the whole bottom of the bar pan? And how do you know when it's done?

I'm just full of questions, aren't I???!

Yes, it's the large bar pan... You use enough mix for about 10-12 servings... I make it from scratch and just double my recipe. If your LBP is seasoned you don't have to spray it, but if it's not seasoned just spritz a little canola oil in it and pour the batter in to cover the bottom. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes (there seems to be a debate on this number... I honestly can't remember from time to time, I always have to look it up, I think in the files there is a Life in the Day of the Bar Pan or something like that and that's where it is). Then I just cut it up with the pizza cutter and serve. It's soooo much easier then making individual pancakes, and everyone gets to eat at the same time. And they pretty much taste the just as good. It took my kids a little while to get used to square pancakes but they like them. You could even get creative and use cookie cutters to make shapes for the kids and then you could probably eat the leftover parts... and don't forget to try the sprinkles, just sprinkle over top before you bake. I've also sprinkles blueberries over top before baking and they were great too!

Just checked the files and there are a ton of different ones, just type in Bar Pan and check them out. Here is one of them, there are several variations, will give you a ton of new ideas for using your bar pan...

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAR PAN

This is the single most versatile piece of Stoneware that The Pampered Chef offers. Whether you love to bake or cook, this is the stoneware for you.

To prove this point, let’s take the Bar Pan thru a day in your kitchen.

BREAKFAST

Pancakes: Pour your batter into the bar pan and bake for 350* for 15-20 minutes. You will have a huge pancake that you can then cut into squares. You can even have your kids then use the Creative Cutters to let your kids make their own shapes. If you want to be fancy, use your APCS and lay apple slices into the batter and you will have great Apple Pancakes.

Waffles: Easy, Easy, Easy, prepare them, lay them in the Bar Pan and bake as above.

Bacon: No way! WAY! First, line Bar Pan with Parchment Paper, then lay a lb. Of bacon strips into the Bar Pan and slide into a 400* oven for 15-20 minutes and not only will the bacon be cooked, it wont shrivel up to nothing.

LUNCHTIME

Toasted Cheese Sandwiches: Prepare 6 sandwiches just like if you were making Grilled Cheese. Place them in the Bar Pan and bake for 350* for 15-20 minutes. Whatever is happening on a Bar Pan on the top, is happening on the bottom, so you don’t need to flip. By the time the Campbells Soup is ready to serve, the sandwiches are ready to eat.

AFTER SCHOOL SNACK

Pizza Pull Aparts: Pour Spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the bar pan, sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and then layer on Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits and bake for 350* for 10-15 minutes. Just flip them out onto a platter and enjoy.

Mexican Pull Aparts: Pour Salsa sauce on the bottom of the bar pan, sprinkle on some cheddar cheese and then layer on Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits and bake for 350* for 10-15 minutes. Just flip them out onto a platter and enjoy.

DINNER

Follow any of the recipes on the Use and Care Card included in your baking stone box, or think outside the box! Meats, Poultry, Fish, you name it. Sprinkle on any of the Pantry seasonings, and cover with foil. If you have a rectangular stone, flip it upside down and use it as a lid. In about 40 minutes, you will have the most succulent, meat you could ever imagine.

DESSERT

Again, treat yourself to any of the recipes on the Use and Care card, they are great! If you are looking for something different, bake a cake in your Bar Pan. The surface is larger than for a 9x13 and it makes a perfect base if you decorate cakes. By the way, prepare a Yellow Cake mix according to the box directions and add 2 Tablespoons of the Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus and you will love the results. Delicious!

ChefPaulaB said:
Just checked the files and there are a ton of different ones, just type in Bar Pan and check them out. Here is one of them, there are several variations, will give you a ton of new ideas for using your bar pan...

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAR PAN

This is the single most versatile piece of Stoneware that The Pampered Chef offers. Whether you love to bake or cook, this is the stoneware for you.

To prove this point, let’s take the Bar Pan thru a day in your kitchen.

BREAKFAST

Pancakes: Pour your batter into the bar pan and bake for 350* for 15-20 minutes. You will have a huge pancake that you can then cut into squares. You can even have your kids then use the Creative Cutters to let your kids make their own shapes. If you want to be fancy, use your APCS and lay apple slices into the batter and you will have great Apple Pancakes.

Waffles: Easy, Easy, Easy, prepare them, lay them in the Bar Pan and bake as above.

Bacon: No way! WAY! First, line Bar Pan with Parchment Paper, then lay a lb. Of bacon strips into the Bar Pan and slide into a 400* oven for 15-20 minutes and not only will the bacon be cooked, it wont shrivel up to nothing.

LUNCHTIME

Toasted Cheese Sandwiches: Prepare 6 sandwiches just like if you were making Grilled Cheese. Place them in the Bar Pan and bake for 350* for 15-20 minutes. Whatever is happening on a Bar Pan on the top, is happening on the bottom, so you don’t need to flip. By the time the Campbells Soup is ready to serve, the sandwiches are ready to eat.

AFTER SCHOOL SNACK

Pizza Pull Aparts: Pour Spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the bar pan, sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and then layer on Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits and bake for 350* for 10-15 minutes. Just flip them out onto a platter and enjoy.

Mexican Pull Aparts: Pour Salsa sauce on the bottom of the bar pan, sprinkle on some cheddar cheese and then layer on Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits and bake for 350* for 10-15 minutes. Just flip them out onto a platter and enjoy.

DINNER

Follow any of the recipes on the Use and Care Card included in your baking stone box, or think outside the box! Meats, Poultry, Fish, you name it. Sprinkle on any of the Pantry seasonings, and cover with foil. If you have a rectangular stone, flip it upside down and use it as a lid. In about 40 minutes, you will have the most succulent, meat you could ever imagine.

DESSERT

Again, treat yourself to any of the recipes on the Use and Care card, they are great! If you are looking for something different, bake a cake in your Bar Pan. The surface is larger than for a 9x13 and it makes a perfect base if you decorate cakes. By the way, prepare a Yellow Cake mix according to the box directions and add 2 Tablespoons of the Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus and you will love the results. Delicious!

I love this!!

What is the recommended temperature for baking pancakes in the bar pan?

The recommended temperature for baking pancakes in the bar pan is 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

How long does it take to bake pancakes in the bar pan?

It typically takes about 10-12 minutes to bake pancakes in the bar pan. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the batter and your oven's temperature.

Can I use the bar pan to make pancakes on the stovetop?

No, the bar pan is designed for oven use only. It is not recommended to use it on the stovetop.

Do I need to grease the bar pan before baking pancakes?

No, the non-stick coating of the bar pan eliminates the need for greasing. However, you can lightly spray the surface with cooking spray for extra non-stick protection.

Can I make multiple batches of pancakes in the bar pan at once?

Yes, you can make multiple batches of pancakes in the bar pan at once. Just make sure to leave some space between each pancake to allow for even baking and rising.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies