• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help With Booth Tomorrow!

In summary, the author is asking for help with an open house and is very unprepared. He is looking for advice on what to bring, where to focus his energies, and how to incentivize people who do not want to book a party to enter a drawing. He suggests bringing products from Pampered Chef, PC, and MFC, and keeping the table clean and simple.
Jennie50
I have a booth at an open house with other representatives from 20 or so direct sales companies and home-based businesses Saturday from 3-6pm (yes, yes it IS Friday morning!), and I need help, please!

I've had a crazy couple of weeks (7 shows!), and now the event is upon me, and I'm completely unprepared. I just joined PC in November, and the first (and only) booth experience I had was one at a consignment sale before the holidays...it was a complete bust. Will you help me decide where to focus my energies to pull out a better return?

I would like to make a presentation board to give a back-drop to my booth. What to include? Hosting benefits. Feb and March host specials. Recruit info. Product info?

I have the black Host/Recruit tablerunner that I earned in Nov, but I need an underlayer for my 6ft table. I plan to try to find a tablecloth on sale today, but does anyone know what size I'll need to make it drape to the floor on the sides and front? Wondering if going to the fabric store and having something cut special would be cheaper?

I would like to offer some sort of food sample. Should I make up chips and put them in little cups on the Adjustable Tiered Tower? Do a dill dip with veggies in the Chill 'n Serve? I thought about doing Raspberry Haberno sauce over cream cheese and serving with crackers, but there is a lady there selling her canned jams/jellies, so I don't want to compete with her (don't know her pricepoint, and I've had a lot of people tell me that they think $12 is too much for a bottle of sauce). Ideas?? Something that is okay to serve room temp or will stay cold with the Chill 'n Serve. A bite-sized dessert of some kind?

I am going to do a drawing slip, but trying to decide on how to award prize(s). New products I have on-hand... (1) Classic Batter Bowl and (1) 2cup Measure-All Cup, (2) 1 cup Measure-Alls, (2) Mini-Whippers, (2) Petite Bamboo Spoons, (2) Mini-Serving Spatulas, (4-5) Seasons Bests, (10) Citrus Peelers, (4) Nylon Scrapers, (several) Twixits. My initial thought was to let everyone who books a party enter into a drawing for the batter bowl. Debating about whether to let them choose a free gift (from among the smaller items listed above) too. I am trying REALLY hard to move outside my circle of friends with bookings, and I believe that the group that will be attending will largely be new to me. What incentive to have people who DON'T want to book a party enter a drawing? I have bulk packs of Southwestern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub...make up spice bags with recipes (running out of time to pull this off, but could maybe do it). Have everyone entered into batter bowl drawing, and just let bookings choose free gift? Give a spice packet/recipe to those who place an outside order? Trying to gauge what will ensure the biggest response.

I'll have a 6ft table...what products to bring? Deep Covered Baker. Bamboo Turn-About with tools. What else? Won't have a ton of room, if I include the other things mentioned above. What products have the most discussion at these things?

Thanks so much for any advice you have!

You have great ideas , with the poster you can put the host specials , joining info ect .
I don't rak
Raffle a gift I do the gift certficate though me tat way you will get there info and maybe they may host ect ( you can find the certficate in the files here ) ,.
Don't focus on I thing as people walk around explain or ask what they are intrested in .
As far as what products to bring DCB, PC of Stoneware, MFC SA and what ever else .but don't over crowd the table.
I never bring food cause I'm not sure if I need a food lisence . So I stay away from that.
Just have fun , then go though the raffle slips and call and thank everyone that filled one out

What to bring: kit products and a couple key things like MFP and DCB. Something for them to take with them with your info in it like a recipe, mini catalog, magnet, business card... Visual of what THEY get for hosting or joining your team. Make a chart with cost of kit as new consultant, host and guest for instance. Be sure to have a drawing so you have a reason to get THEY'RE info and then FOLLOW UP after the event.

Keep it simple!!! There will be A LOT of vendors there. Wow. You just want people to see Pampered Chef, not a lot of clutter of products and display boards. Just get a plain tablecloth for a 6' table. It does not need to go to the floor. Create height if you can. If you have stackable cooling racks, stack 2 with the DCB on top. If you have Stainless Mixing Bowls, put the lids on and stack. Or use boxes underneath things, covered in fabric or paper. A few cool tools out that will get their attention and asking "what does that do?" so the MFP with the handle up so they'll push it, Mix N Chop, a microplane.

Supposedly people look to the right first so have the DCB in the center or on the right. I like to group products together by their uses, like cutting tools together.

The important thing is to stand in front of your table. Push it back if you need to. You'll notice most of the other vendors standing behind their table and reaching over to help customers. They're not connecting with people. Have some standard "are you familiar with PC?" conversation openers ready.

I had micro chips with me at several booths last Nov/Dec and they were a hit. Just do those, not dip or anything. I don't put a ton of time prepping for booths b/c there's no guarantee on the return. Bring some host packets and try to schedule shows there. Keep the drawing simple and have them hand the drawing slip to you so you can see what they check or make notes on it about what they looked like, what they were interested in and to fold together the ones for people who were together so you don't award the prize (I do a free cooking show) to both mother and daughter.

I did an event last weekend and I made potato chips from the chip maker (making them the night before ensures they're crispy the next day) and a tapenade. I had so much interest in the chip maker!! I did a sour cream dip with the Dill Mix and I put that (and the tapenade in the Cool n Serve, so they stayed cold the entire time. I had also grilled pita bread on the grill pan. Was low cost for food and gave me a chance to highlight a few things. I sold an MFP, plus the Seasons Best, and now that I know you can do tortilla chips on the chip maker, I'll sell another one.

I did a vendor fair in December and made the fresh salsa. People loved it!! Then I was able to talk up the manual food processor and I even booked two shows!

Good luck!

First of all - DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH INTO THIS!! The simpler the better!! Trust me after 5 years my booths are as simple as they can be! With booths you never know what you will get so you hate to put in too much time and money to get very little back.Table cloth - get the plastic ones at the Dollar Store. If you have a Dollar Tree, guess what it's only a $1. You can make it last several booths before you have to replace it.Door prize - I personally do not do these often - when I do, I give away free kitchen shows. It's a great way to get their information without giving out too much out of my pocket. Display - Keep that simple too. I usually bring what's in my kit (which normally contains the DCB, MFP and cookware - my three favorite must have products) plus a couple cookbooks, the stainless bowls to stack together (adds height to your table). Don't make your table too cluttered with stuff - it makes it hard to look at.Food - You don't have to do anything crazy with this either or at all. Most of the time I don't do food. The couple times I have I just put out a couple sauces with some pretzels for them to taste. Not worth your time to make and bake something that ends up getting tossed away - I've been next too to many Tastefully Simple consultants who throw so much away after their shows because they brought too much.As far as displaying your host and guest specials - some people like to make a board, others don't. I'm on the don't side. It takes up too much time and if you don't have enough time it can look like a 3rd grade project rather than something professional. If you don't have the display stand with the clear protector sheets just go get some clear picture frame stands from either the dollar store or walmart. Quick and simple to put up the specials. Or just have the products out and talk about them! Have this month's guest special to entice them to spend and next month's to entice them to book.I also give out business cards or recipe cards to people who come through. I never give out catalogs - I give them minis and if they want a full one, I get their contact information and mail them one so I can follow up with them. Now this is a good time if you do have extra catalogs at home to give them out, this is my only exception when it comes to catalogs.

minirottie said:
now that I know you can do tortilla chips on the chip maker, I'll sell another one.

You can do tortilla chips in the Microwave Chip Maker???? I WONDERED about this, but I hadn't bought any corn tortillas to try it out yet. Details, please!!
:chef:

You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to give me some pointers. REALLY appreciate it! Fingers crossed for a good booth, but, yes, there will be ALOT of vendors there...

Jennie50 said:
You can do tortilla chips in the Microwave Chip Maker???? I WONDERED about this, but I hadn't bought any corn tortillas to try it out yet. Details, please!!
:chef:

Check my thread under Product Tips...found several people who responded regarding flour tortillas

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/tortilla-chips-microwave-chips-maker-71718/

Also found this (thanks to a cheffer here) on the Prod Guide on CC

Corn tortilla chips: Lightly brush tortilla with oil. Cut into 8 wedges. Position in single layer on tray.
o One tray – 1 ½ minutes; microwave in 30 second intervals until desired crispness is reached.
O Two trays - 2 ½ minutes; rotate trays top to bottom and microwave in 30 second intervals until desired crispness is reached.

minirottie said:
Check my thread under Product Tips...found several people who responded regarding flour tortillas

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/tortilla-chips-microwave-chips-maker-71718/

Also found this (thanks to a cheffer here) on the Prod Guide on CC

Corn tortilla chips: Lightly brush tortilla with oil. Cut into 8 wedges. Position in single layer on tray.
o One tray – 1 ½ minutes; microwave in 30 second intervals until desired crispness is reached.
O Two trays - 2 ½ minutes; rotate trays top to bottom and microwave in 30 second intervals until desired crispness is reached.

Thanks so much! Had to run to the store, so I got both corn and flour tortillas. Not sure if it's the kind of corn tortilla I got, but they are NOT good. They crisp up great, but the taste is BLECH. Maybe they'd be better covered in salsa? Gonna try the flour tortillas next.

I don't like corn tortillas myself so when recipes call for them I swap out flour (which are more moist).

Lose the Micro Chip Maker - do those tortillas on a stone in the oven. Sprinkle a little chili lime seasoning and you've got a Home Run! - Salsa or not!!

I offer free cooking shows also when at a booth.

1. What items should I bring to my booth tomorrow?

We recommend bringing a variety of our best-selling products, as well as any new or seasonal items. It's also a good idea to have some cooking demonstrations and recipe cards available to showcase the usefulness of our products.

2. How can I make my booth stand out and attract more customers?

Consider using eye-catching displays, incorporating interactive elements such as games or giveaways, and offering special promotions or discounts. Also, be sure to engage with passersby and highlight the unique features of our products.

3. Will there be any training or support available at the event?

Our team will be on-site to provide training, answer any questions, and offer support throughout the event. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for assistance or guidance.

4. Can I customize my booth setup to fit my personal style?

Absolutely! We encourage our consultants to add their personal touch to their booth to showcase their unique brand and style. Just make sure to follow our branding guidelines and use approved marketing materials.

5. Is it possible to order additional products for my booth on short notice?

As long as the products are in stock, you can place an order for additional items for your booth. Please keep in mind that there may be a limited selection available for last-minute orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • CAPCnewbie