• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Home Office cutting out consultants with their proactive email?

December to get all my discounts back.The email that your customer forwarded to you says that the 10 percent discount on Pampered Chef products will be expiring in May. The Pampered Chef offers a host benefits program that is very generous. You can find out more about the program at the Web site. Your customer can order products from the Web site or book a show to get a discount. Your customer can also contact a Cooking Consultant in their area to get help.
ivykeep
Gold Member
I am VERY upset at the email one of my customers just forwarded to me sent to her by the home office. I was NOT copied on it.On the surface, I appreciate that the Home Office wants to be proactive and let 're-up' customers with expiring discounts, but I do NOT appreciate that they are essentially cutting me out of the loop with the link to the HOME OFFICE site and the offer to help MY customer (who has had two shows since this party so has an active PHD until December and already has a show booked for May for HWC) find another consultant. She was upset and forwarded it to me.Yes, I understand that it is a standard thing they do, but it really bothers me the language about helping to find a consultant -- especially since I am not a Director so will never get any of the Home Office leads. I am in contact with my customers, but this is confusing to them.I'm so upset right now about this wording. It certainly wouldn't be hard for them to automatically include a link to the consultant that they last ordered from or even MENTION that to book a show "contact your consultant today". And yes, I DO maintain contact with my customers, but this came during the off cycle (I don't spam my customers so send out only once a month emails the last week of the month) and human nature being what it is, it means that people would EXPECT to be put in contact with THEIR consultant.
Dear ABIGAIL:

Because we value our hosts, we'd like to remind you that your 10 percent discount on Pampered Chef products will be expiring May 15, 2010 for your Show held on May 15, 2009.

This is the perfect time to host a Cooking Show to extend your discount for another year or place an order with your discount. Our host benefits program is very generous, take a look at what's in store for you:

* Free products
* Half-price products
* Up to a 30% discount at your Show
* A 10% discount for a full year
* Monthly Host Bonus specials

Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to add new, high-quality kitchen tools to your home at a great savings. Plus, it's the perfect reason to gather your friends and family for a fun get-together with delicious food, quick tips and useful mealtime solutions.

To place an order or schedule your Show, go to our Web site using the link below and complete the online form. A Cooking Consultant in your area will be in contact to assist you.

Find A Consultant : The Pampered Chef, Ltd. <http://www.pamperedchef.com/join_us/info/request_info.tpc>

Best wishes,

The Pampered Chef

NOTE: This e-mail is an automated broadcast message. Please do not reply to this message as we won't be able to process your comments. Please use the Web link above for assistance.

THE PAMPERED CHEF and COOKING SHOW are registered trademarks.

With emails like that going around me and to my customers, I may stop actually GIVING my hosts email address to the home office and will set up another email and keep a separate email list and forward the appropriate emails to my customers.

Laura that is really weird, because I receive copies of letter's that HO send's my host's and they show my name as the person to contact.

I am sorry this happened to you.

That is Strange. Can you contact HO about this? Especially if you Are active!

That's what is so frustrating -- I'm a part time consultant that does 2-3 shows a month. I'm definitely NOT a top seller, but I am fairly steady and doing the most that I can right now (my husband works evenings and I don't have childcare and don't make enough in commission to bring in a babysitter) so I work on the weekends and can't work every weekend. Because of the blizzards (we were slammed) all of my shows were rescheduled so I had no sales in February. BUT I have 2 shows that I am submitting by the end of this week (and I already submitted one this month) so I am not going to go fully inactive.I can understand if I didn't have sales for 2 months straight, but a disaster was declared on the state level for February and will certainly be declared by the federal government when it works through (they declared a disaster for the December storms in February). AND I emailed HO about the disaster waiver and was told that it is retroactive to when the Feds declare it so have to wait until April when it is declared and then have until the end of May to apply for the retroactive waiver for February).I feel like they are jumping the gun in cutting me out of the loop and it is REALLY upsetting. And my host is super perturbed. She just told me she's not sure she wants to buy Pampered Chef any more because she finds this very sneaky for the home office to do since they did not copy me on it. I will no longer provide my customers direct emails to home office and the more I think about it the more betrayed I am feeling. I did email my director (who is a National Director about it) and got an out off office message from her that she'll be back on Friday.

Last edited:
Was her show that this PHD is expiring from with another consultant who has since gone inactive? HO doesn't cross reference host names so they might not know that she has had a show with you recently. Also, this type of email is done through the computerized system.

If the original show was with another consultant I wouldn't be so mad, but if the original show was with you, then I'd be steamed! You still might want to call HO and ask them the procedure that these latters are sent by and make a suggestion to add some "intelligence" to the program to cross reference name/address/email address so that incidents like this don't happen.

No, it was my show. She's my sister-in-law and had never been to a show until I became a consultant and has never purchased from any one but me. I know they don't cross reference the host names so they send out the emails to people who aren't losing their phd if they have held another show within the same year and that's just annoying, but this is really, really upsetting to me. And the more I think about it the more upset I am.I'm going to have to contact all of my customers who did shows last spring to make sure that they understand I AM still their consultant.

As soon as I noticed HO sending out emails to my customers, I stopped entering their emails in the system and have deleted all the ones I had. My customers' email address are in my own email contacts and I keep in touch with them regularly. They are my customers and I deal with them according to their personality and attitude. No general stuff from HO is appreciated on my part. I treat my customers on a one on one. Just a thought about sharing email addresses.

Do you get other emails from HO? Newswires, Good news emails, etc? I wasn't getting any for a while because they had gotten into my SPAM list. Just a thought

Mine always have my contact info on the bottom. It took me MONTHS to get HO to correct my phone number though. It had my area code twice, then just the first 4 of my 7 digit number. So they were sending out e-mails to contact me at ... a wrong number! (Trying to do it myself from Consultant's Corner was not working either.) After 4 phone calls, I finally sent a nasty e-mail & got the issue resolved.I can only assume that your SIL received a generic e-mail because you are inactive. That's not the normal signature.I hope you get back on track with your business very soon! (((hugs)))

That's strange. All my hosts who've received their notice that their PHD is about to expire are given my ctc info.

I actually do not mind the HO emails, as it helps me most times. I have had a couple of hosts call me to schedule another show so that they can keep their PHD. But, I would be really upset if they received an email without my ctc info.

Were you active in Jan? I wonder if customers receive an email like that anytime the consultant is inactive, even for a month. Good info to know and share with others.

I'd call tech support to see why she was sent such an email. There may be something on their end that needs to be corrected for your contacts. Let us know what their reply is.

Yes, I was active in January and I just double checked and I did submit a small show in March so I am active in March. In the past the PHD emails have included my information also and I've always been copied on them. The fact that I was (note the past tense) inactive last month, but not this current month and they solicited my customers to change consultants is very, very bad for my trust. In my opinion, the only way that an email like that should EVER go out is if I resigned my consultant-ship or was inactive for more than six months. Not to mention that had my customer not been paying attention and clicked on the link thinking she'd be getting me and a director contacted her, it is putting the director in a difficult position and inadvertently stealing another consultants customer. I have now sent an email and placed a phone call (but got shuttled to a voice mail) about it.My host has canceled her show pending resolution of the issue to her satisfaction (she a corporate attorney and is beyond horrified that they did this). I'm not sure I'll ever get another order from her because of it (and yes, that does hurt me, but she looks at it that they make more money on each sale than I do and she'd rather support me in another way). The whole thing has me feeling sick to my stomach. It's just really, really poor business to do this before it is absolutely clear that a consultant has resigned (either an active resignation or through time lapse).

chefcharity said:
Do you get other emails from HO? Newswires, Good news emails, etc? I wasn't getting any for a while because they had gotten into my SPAM list. Just a thought

Yes, I get emails. Got the PC Newswire today an hour before my customer received her email.

Frankly, that makes it worse. It would be one thing if they said I was inactive so no longer got home office emails, but to be encouraging me to promote my business with one hand while trying to steal my customers with the other is just sickening. :mad:

I would assume that it's just a mix-up. If you can take a little time, and compose your thoughts, and then call and talk to someone (not the help desk - talk to someone in career solutions) I'm sure this can be cleared up. I would choose to believe, until PC tells you otherwise, that they want the best possible outcome for your business, and that this was an honest mistake on their part....not that they are trying to steal your customers.

Yeah, sounds to me like maybe there was some sort of mix-up and maybe whatever computer that sends those PHD expiration notices out still had you as inactive? Honestly, it doesn't seem likely that PC was trying to sneakily circumvent you and get the customer for someone else...why in the world would they do that? I'd say it's either a mistake/glitch or maybe just one of their issues that hasn't been fully resolved once it sprung up and hasn't been worked through yet (things take time...don't we wish all our issues with PC HO were resolved immediately?)

...hmmm. I would think it was an error. I would hope that they don't redrect people when the consultant isn't active one month. Life happens. I also think that instead of giving general PC website info they should give the upline info: "Your show was with Cathy Consultant, contact her director, Debby Director to book your next show." That way if Cathy is still interested in getting going again her director can refer that show back to her but if she's really done the lead isn't just sent to the lead system. KWIM? I would so be forwarding that to the consultant so she can contact her person.

Personally I have mixed feelings about these emails. I don't seem to get them for ALL my shows and often the host has already done another show or they are now a consultant or the host is me. But then there is the occasional host who contacts me because of them and says "I need to have a show so I don't lose my discount" (even though she never USED it - lol).

I would hope that it is a "mix-up" but it is a pretty big one in my book because it upset my customer too and it shouldn't happen. That type of email should NEVER go out until a consultant can not reactivate with an order (i.e., they have to rebuy the kit). It's just really, really bad form.I called Career Solutions and left a message, so far no return call (although it is still early there -- but I left it last night before they closed and wasn't called back last night either). I've also sent emails to Corporate and my National Director (who is my immediate upline and is out of town, so I can cut her a break).As far as I am concerned there is NO excuse for a "mix-up" like this and it is a devious business practice, so they will no longer get the direct emails of ANY of my hosts. That means more work for me, but then I know how the emails are being used. The phd reminders didn't bother me until I was cut out of the loop.

When you click on the link it gives you an option to "find your consultant" all your person has to do is enter your name and city and then is directed to your website and not sent to a random director.

I've been with PC as a consultant for 5 years and a customer for 6 prior to that. I would not use devious & Pampered Chef in the same conversation except to say that they aren't. This company is not out to get their consultants or send customers to someone else.

Let them know that you are unhappy about the e-mail (it sounds like you've contacted them already). Give a chance to respond to an e-mail or phone call. A message left last night may not receive a call back for 24-48 hours. Sometimes that seems like an eternity but I don't think this e-mail is going to make or break your business. And, just do what you said about not putting the e-mail address in that field. And then, relax - and move on.

pvt35115 said:
When you click on the link it gives you an option to "find your consultant" all your person has to do is enter your name and city and then is directed to your website and not sent to a random director.

You know, that's true. I hadn't clicked on the link until you said that. It doesn't just send the customer to someone else....it first gives them the option of finding the consultant they've used in the past.

First off, I do not want you to think I am being mean or unsupportive. I completely understand why you'd be alarmed and upset. However, I do think that PC is not trying to harm your biz or refer your customers to a random director. PC is all about fostering the relationships between customers and the consultant. They are constantly trying to promote our biz and invest quite a bit into helping us build successful businesses.

I'd also try not to encourage or agree with the upset host. Remember, you're still a PC rep, and though it feels good to have someone upset on your behalf, it's got the potential to ruin the PC rep and your business. Kind of like when you are upset with your partner and tell a friend or relative...you kiss and make up, but the relative or friend are still harboring those bad feelings towards him for upsetting you. People are quick to bad mouth a company and it spreads like wildfire, so you'll be hurting your future business.

I would explain to this potential host that it's automated, that you WERE inactive in Feb and that's probably what happened. Encouraging her to be upset and think PC is sneaky is not a good biz practice.

Avoid adding email addresses as you stated will avoid those future automated emails. Calling/Emailing in was also a good idea, and I would recommend you call and speak with TECH support as this is their avenue. Looks like they need to come up with a different method for the event the consultant is inactive. Kind of scary to think that 1 month of inactivity could result in these types of emails.

But I would be careful about venting these ideas to customers or others outside of PC. Coming here was a good option.
Just my opinion....nothing more, nothing less.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
First off, I do not want you to think I am being mean or unsupportive. I completely understand why you'd be alarmed and upset. However, I do think that PC is not trying to harm your biz or refer your customers to a random director. PC is all about fostering the relationships between customers and the consultant. They are constantly trying to promote our biz and invest quite a bit into helping us build successful businesses.

I'd also try not to encourage or agree with the upset host. Remember, you're still a PC rep, and though it feels good to have someone upset on your behalf, it's got the potential to ruin the PC rep and your business. Kind of like when you are upset with your partner and tell a friend or relative...you kiss and make up, but the relative or friend are still harboring those bad feelings towards him for upsetting you. People are quick to bad mouth a company and it spreads like wildfire, so you'll be hurting your future business.

I would explain to this potential host that it's automated, that you WERE inactive in Feb and that's probably what happened. Encouraging her to be upset and think PC is sneaky is not a good biz practice.

Avoid adding email addresses as you stated will avoid those future automated emails. Calling/Emailing in was also a good idea, and I would recommend you call and speak with TECH support as this is their avenue. Looks like they need to come up with a different method for the event the consultant is inactive. Kind of scary to think that 1 month of inactivity could result in these types of emails.

But I would be careful about venting these ideas to customers or others outside of PC. Coming here was a good option.
Just my opinion....nothing more, nothing less.

Very well said, Laurie.

I totally agree w/ Laurie and I guess I'm a little confused as to why your past host cancelled her show and now you might have lost her business over a mix up? And if you were inactive, I'm sure that's what happened. Inactive is inactive. That's the rules, you lose career sales, you lose HO leads, etc. How are they to know the you "intend" to turn something in this week? They won't have their stats adjusted at HO until April 1 if you turned something in for March to reactivate yourself. (meaning, you are STILL inactive, even though you have done a show!)

I understand your frustration, but I really think you are making a bigger deal out of this than you need to. I'm sorry about the horrible weather in Feb, etc. I can relate. However, blaming HO for something that is standard practice on their part is YOU jumping the gun.

I, too, am confused. Why is your friend hurting you by not having a show? Sure, she might think (oddly) she is helping you by proving a point to HO, but who is getting hurt in the end -- you. What have you done -- 70 shows? This one email shouldn't hurt you that much. We all have disappointments (the one that comes to mind is my confusion about show dates and when you submit them and missing a BIG insentive when I first started -- I never did THAT again!). Try to move forward, and the worst thing you can do is bad-mouth the company if you want to keep your business going. I would try to explain to that host why that happened the best way I could to make her like the company again, get her to do a show, and make it your best one ever! She wins -- you win.

And if you were inactive, I'm sure that's what happened. Inactive is inactive. That's the rules, you lose career sales, you lose HO leads, etc.
She stated that she is NOT inactive (at least not to the point of losing career sales) and that she's not eligible for HO leads b/c she's not a director.I, too, think this is a mixup. Why would they do this to somebody not active for a single month? Do they not WANT her to rebuild her business?Probably a newbie at home office made the error.

Di, refer to her post # 5 on this, she said herself she didn't have sales for 2 months straight.

Also, Di and Ivykeep....TLs can also receive HO Leads thanks to the new career plan.

I think Ivykeep was only inactive for the month of Feb, and had just recently submitted a couple of shows to get re-activated. Fully inactive though is 1 month with no sales, you lose your career sales if nothing is submitted 2 months in a row. Not sure how long before you're considered active in the system after submitting a show...may be like ho leads, title changes, etc and not be adapted until the 8th of the following month.

I do not think an actual person sent the email Di.....really think it's automated....a date range for expiring host discounts is pulled....the PROGRAM checks to see if the consultant was active the month before...sends applicable contact info....consultant info if active, generic info if not.

This is why I had stated that I did not think PC is out to sabatoge our biz....you either did or did not submit. Rules are the same across the board for everyone.

Last edited:
Yes, she was very clear that she had sales in January and in March. Also, she's not a team leader to the best of my knowledge, that's why she doesn't get h.o. leads.If they are going to re-direct people to H.O. if they are merely "inactive" for a single month, that is what would bother me. We were told that although we are "inactive" if we don't submit sales in a given month, we don't suffer consequences (i.e. loss of career sales) unless we are inactive for TWO MONTHS STRAIGHT.I am frequently inactive for a month at a time also ... so are you telling me that H.O. assumes I am hanging up my apron and tries to direct my hosts elsewhere during these months?? I'd be just as upset if they got re-directed to my director b/c trust me ... she'd steal my host in a heartbeat!I frequently get "your host's PHD is about to expire" emails, but I don't think my hosts do. Maybe because I don't give out their addresses. I'll have to check.

Again, if you look at POST 5, she states herself that she did not turn in for 2 months in a row. THAT would make her fully inactive.

It would be nice if she would come back on here and clarify if that was the case or a typo. But, reading it as I did from that particular post, it seems that HO did nothing wrong to send out that email.

1. What is the "Upset at Home Office Email" about?

The "Upset at Home Office Email" is a communication sent to all Pampered Chef consultants regarding any issues or complaints they may have with the company's home office.

2. How often are these emails sent out?

The frequency of these emails varies and is dependent on the number of issues or complaints received from consultants. The company aims to address and resolve any concerns as soon as possible.

3. Who should I contact if I have a concern or complaint about the home office?

If you have a concern or complaint about the home office, you can reach out to your direct upline or contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you and address any issues you may have.

4. Is there a specific format or protocol for submitting a complaint through the "Upset at Home Office Email"?

There is no specific format or protocol for submitting a complaint through the "Upset at Home Office Email". You can simply state your concern or issue in the email and it will be forwarded to the appropriate team for resolution.

5. Can I expect a response to my complaint through the "Upset at Home Office Email"?

Yes, our team will review and respond to all complaints submitted through the "Upset at Home Office Email". We strive to provide a timely and satisfactory resolution to all concerns raised by our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Whit Meier
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lilamyw3