• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPS Shipment Updates Not Showing Current Tracking Info - Any Solutions?

In summary, UPS is not updating their website with tracking information, making it hard to notify customers when orders should arrive.
momoftwins
I am finding that UPS is not updating their website with tracking information as they use to. I have an individual order that shipped on the 9th (probably should have been delivered today or tomorrow) and it is still showing the delivery information of the package that last had that tracking number back in September of 2004! Has anyone else have this problem??? The same thing happened with my catalog show that shipped on the 6th. With the tracking not being updated it is hard to notify our customers when the orders should arrive, etc.

Yes I was having this problem for several weeks. I never have taken the time to contact UPS. I have been just guessing at the arrival dates.

momoftwins said:
I am finding that UPS is not updating their website with tracking information as they use to. I have an individual order that shipped on the 9th (probably should have been delivered today or tomorrow) and it is still showing the delivery information of the package that last had that tracking number back in September of 2004! Has anyone else have this problem??? The same thing happened with my catalog show that shipped on the 6th. With the tracking not being updated it is hard to notify our customers when the orders should arrive, etc.
I know! But if you click on the link with the tracking number it does show the progress.

Don't know what's going on with UPS lately - I have gotten more and more damaged and retaped boxes - what an impression our hosts are getting: "once they get our order they just throw the products at us". Hopefully they realize that once they leave HO the boxes are at the delivery company's mercy. I did have one host who was VERY upset about how her products arrived and complained to me and to PC. PC is very loyal - UPS has been with us from the beginning - but PC is also very professional and if UPS doesn't clean up their act I wouldn't be surprised if we don't change delivery companies.

i know what you mean i am a little annoyed right now myself. my mother did an individual order that i tacked onto another show. no problem except she lives in Ga.!! i really need a date to tell her to look for it on especially since she has a garage front porch and back deck!! you know how you have to guess where the boxes are put??!!hopefully they will get it baack together. maybe they are just swamped with work.

One of my shows in January had all but one of her boxes arrive (and it was Box #1 with all of the bags, etc. in it). I tried to track it on UPS's site, but it was a recycled number from 2004. After waiting a few days, I called HO, and they really helped a lot by resending that box. The "original" box is still - to my knowledge - MIA.
It's really frustrating to not be able to keep your hosts informed, but that's not my biggest complaint with UPS right now. Sometimes I've had boxes left on the back step (uncovered in the rain), and other times they're left on the unused front porch. Combine that with not knowing when the packages are going to arrive, and it may sit out there for 2 or 3 days before I remember to check. Plus, I've left a box out at the back steps for smaller packages - we have two puppies that love to chew UPS bags. They WILL NOT put things in there! My consultant planner was destroyed by the dogs, ice, and rain back in December, and then my SECOND planner was chewed a little around the edges. Luckily it was a nice sunny day, so no real damage was done. Still it looks unprofessional, "Hey, let me put your show down on my doggie-bitten calendar." Plus, and this really steamed me, my Sweetheart Towel that I earned at the beginning of January was found a few days after it arrived in the middle of my yard. You'd think it wouldn't be too much trouble for them to put it in the box I've left out for them with "PLEASE PUT SMALLER PACKAGES IN HERE." written in sharpie all over it. Oh well, I'll get off my soap box now.
At any rate, I havne't be able to get in touch with anyone at UPS that will help me. If anyone else has any luck, let me know!

I have had the same problem with UPS but only on the PC boxes. I have ordered from other online companies (including Visual Impact) in the past few weeks and all of the shipping info is correct on UPS website. It only seems to be happening on the PC stuff. I did find that if you go into the details you will find updated info.

Beth - I have been clicking on the link and it DOES NOT show any progress. Normally it would show billing information received, in route, etc and it doesn't show anything except the information for the recycled tracking number with the 2004 information.

I just checked the PC website now and the shipment information is finally updated - looks like she will get her package today.

Last edited:
I worked for Gateway computers as a CS REP and EVERYONE knows what's in those cow print boxes! UPS was HORRIBLE! They left boxes in the rain, on the lumber pile under a tarp and once delivered a HUGE system to 5 different doors in the same apartment building in NEW YORK! The customer was LIVID! Especially since the UPS guy had just left the boxes sitting in front of the doors and on several different floors. He had to carry them up stairs and apparently he cut himself really bad and had to go to the ER since one of the metal fasteners was rusty! IT WAS AN AWFUL CALL! :mad: The computer that was under the tarp on the lumber pile had been sitting there for 3 weeks as the people were on vacation! :eek: I like my UPS guy, but I hate their policies! I think things should have to have signatures!

I haven't been able to track the progress of my shows shipment either no matter which link I click on on consultants corner. The only time I see where it is is when its already been delivered. Thats when it finally showed up. I've had to do more product adjustments lately too. I've really only had these problems this frequent since the beginning of the year.

Just thought I would add...I have had the same problem with the recycled tracking numbers too. I was frustrated and called HO about it after the 2nd shipment...they said just give it a day or two and UPS "should" update it. Well, they did update it...AFTER THE PACKAGES WERE DELIVERED! Very irritating!

What could be the reason for my UPS shipment updates not showing current tracking information?

The most common reason for this issue is that the tracking information has not been updated by UPS yet. It can take up to 24 hours for tracking information to be updated on their website.

How can I track my UPS shipment if the updates are not showing?

If you are unable to track your shipment through the UPS website, you can try using the tracking number on other tracking websites such as USPS or FedEx. You can also contact UPS customer service for assistance.

Is there a way to get more accurate and up-to-date tracking information for my UPS shipment?

Yes, you can sign up for UPS My Choice which provides real-time updates and notifications for your shipments. You can also opt for premium tracking services offered by UPS for a fee.

My tracking information is still not updating after 24 hours. What should I do?

If your tracking information is still not updated after 24 hours, it could be due to a delay or error in the tracking system. Contact UPS customer service for further assistance and they will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information about your shipment.

Can I change the delivery address or make any changes to my shipment if the tracking information is not updated?

Yes, you can still make changes to your shipment even if the tracking information is not updated. You can contact UPS customer service and provide them with your tracking number and the changes you would like to make. They will assist you with making the necessary changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
luvs2sellit
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Mrs.H.
  • esavvymom