• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What products should I pack in the pockets of the Upright Tote - Rolling Case?

Show To Go is a new product that includes a rolling case, tote bag, and tool turnabout tote. The rolling case has various pockets designed for specific products and there is a video with packing suggestions available on consultant's corner. The pouch on the outside of tote #2 is for sliding the handle of the rolling tote in for easier transportation. Some users have had trouble with the handle of the rolling tote breaking. The system may be difficult to transport and some users prefer to take the pieces separately. The Tool Turnabout Tote may have a defect with the Pampered Chef logo printed upside down.
Stephanie S
Hello Everyone - I am so excited, I have received all 3 of my Show To Go pieces. I'm curious to know who is packing what in each of the cases?

I noticed all of the different pockets in the Rolling Case. The Pampered Chef must have designed each pocket with a particular product in mind...I wonder why they didn't include some 'packing suggestions'...

there is a video you can watch on consultant's corner that shows what they suggest. It's a real quick like 30 second video

I can't watch the video??What's the pouch on outside with no bottom for on the tote #2.

Charlene

You can slide the handle from the rolling tote into that little pouch, so when you set it on top, it's kind of connected as you roll it. :)

Has anyone had any troubles with their rolling tote? I used mine for the first time on Friday and loved it!! What a fantastic piece of "luggage". However, when I got home, I carried it up to my front door using the side handles - when I got inside, I put it down on my wood floors and pulled out the back handle so I could roll it into my kitchen and the entire handle pulled up and out of the back!! I was surprised and so disappointed! I called PC and they are sending me a replacement, but I am just hoping it isn't going to happen again. Anyone else have this trouble?

A bit disappointedI got my whole Rolling Tote System also and had a hard time using it. I love the pockets, but transporting it is a different story. With the Tote Bag on top it almost fell over a number of times so I end up carrying it separately. Also, going up and down stairs is a joke! The little video makes it look a whole lot easier than it is. Does anyone have any tips on how to look a little more graceful using this new product?

Julie Myers
Independent Kitchen Consultant

Me, too Julie!I also rec'd my rolling case today! I have not used it, but I earned a showcase about 5 years ago, and there is a huge size difference from the past showcase and the new one. My older one can hold an entire crate in it. (Not folded). I have 2 crates, so I always pack things in one crate & I top it with the 2nd crate folded down. I've worn it out! I've broken both wheels off & had to fix them & I've also had to re-sew the side handles back onto my old showcase! (from over-packing!). I'm anxious to see how the new one will measure up to the old one!

I'm anxious to use the system, but like pcjulie said...I never attempt to use the whole system together. (maybe rolling from the car to the hosts' door, but that's it). I always take my pieces in separate, but then again, I take a "dirty dishes" bucket with me to my shows, too. It's nothing but a $2.00 rubbermaid bucket w/a lid from Walmart. I put all my dirty dishes in it to transport back home & then just hose it out & let it dry before the next show! The bucket, that is, not my dirty dishes...I do wash those!LOL!!!

I did like the pockets in the rolling case, but I also like the fact that you can take them out if desired to pack your case the way that you like!

Last edited:
Turn about ToteI received my 1st piece of Show To Go, the Tool Turnabout Tote. I noticed that the Pampered Chef emblem looks as though it has been printed upside-down. When you have it sitting on the ground, with the pull-tight strap at the top...the logos are all upside down. Even my customers have noticed. Does anyone else's tote have the same issue or is mine a misprint??

You must have a defect. I just looked at mine and when it's sitting on the ground with the drawstring and straps at the top the PC logo is upright. Are you saying yours is upside down when you drop the TTA into it this way? If so call HO!

Tool Turnabout Tote must be defect!Hi...
Yes, when my tool turnabout tote is sitting on the ground with drawstring at top, the PC logo is upside down...all over the tote. I have had several comments from customers about it.

I have contacted HO to see what they suggest.

Thanks for your input. I thought I was going crazy.

Stephanie S said:
Hello Everyone - I am so excited, I have received all 3 of my Show To Go pieces. I'm curious to know who is packing what in each of the cases?

I noticed all of the different pockets in the Rolling Case. The Pampered Chef must have designed each pocket with a particular product in mind...I wonder why they didn't include some 'packing suggestions'...

I agree! The video really isn't all that helpful, and the little pockets seem to get in the way at times. I may unzip it and just use as a big space I pack myself?

I just earned the first 2 pieces and just got an email saying that they are currently out of stock and should arrive before the end of the year. Talk about being disappointed! I'm almost to the 3rd piece, but I'm afraid that that will be out of stock, too. You'd think that, with all of the incentives to earn those pieces, PC would have ensured they had enough to go around.

I couldn't agree more! I was so excited to even get the second piece, I too am afraid that the third won't be instock either.

I am definitly looking forward to getting out of the cardboard box, I just hope it's by next month. :confused:

I just earned my 2nd piece and haven't gotten an e-mail yet...I actually earned it as of last thursday so I should have recieved some kind of notification by now...I did get an e-mail on Oct 19th saying I earned ss2 bonus, but they didn't say anything about my show to go...hopefully I got lucky and will be one of the last to recieve mine, if not, I'm going to cry...I have worked so hard this month to earn it and I am currently about $900 away from piece #3...the whole point was that the stuff was supposed to help w/ my pregnancy...I can't even guarantee I will still be pregnant by christmas!!! Oh well, we shall see!

I just received and used my third piece for a show yesterday. I agree, I couldn't fit all that I usually have in my second crate in it until I unzipped and removed the inner liner that has the pockets. However, after loading it and taking it to the show...I couldn't get the darn thing up the stairs. I had it half full of my apron, oven mitts, linen, tablecloth, teatowels etc and only two pieces of stoneware, the entertaining set of S/A because of the host special for November and some plastic products and with that and cookbooks, catty's and host packets it was impossible to lift! The hostess had to help me get it up the four stairs to the living room and then we heard a crack and the darn pull up adjustable handle cracked right at the top just as I was turning it around so we could each grab a side handle to carry it!

I was not impressed! If I load it like my crate I can't carry it and if I take less, it breaks! Anyone else have problems? Kind of defeats the purpose of looking professional if I can't get it all in the three pieces and still be able to CARRY them. I only took the products needed for the Layered Tomato Spread and a micro cake plus the carving board, and a couple new products (citrus press, planer, celebration plate, linen and the insulated tote)

How on earth can I take less? They WANT to see at least some new products and the carving board (which I placed in the back of the #3 piece where the crate can go) is a host special in December so I wanted that one!

Any ideas? I ended up with my crate, TTA, the insulated tote ('cause the host wanted to see this and it wouldn't fit in the show to go) and the #3 piece and left the #2 piece at home. And then of course, #3 broke.

Here's What I fit in mine...Maybe I'm just a packrat by nature, but I'm fitting this in mine...

SA Entertaining Set
2 SA Small Bowls & Caddy
SA Medium Bowl
SA Petite Squares
Large Cutting Board
Medium Cutting Board
Large Round Stone
Small Oval Baker
Measure All Cup
Adjustable Scoop
Easy Read Measuring Cups
US&G
DCG
Baker's Roller
Microplane
6 Prep Bowls
Serated Bread Knive
Chef's Knife
2 Utility Knives
Silicone Oven Mitt & 2 Trivets
Apron, Tablecloth, & 2 Kitchen Towels
EAD
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
Cookbooks

In # 2 I have
Classic Batter Bowl
Food Chopper
Cooling Rack
SA Stands
Classic Rack
Woven Selections Round Server
APCS & Stand
Spices Basket (3 F/S Shakers and one Spice)
Door Prize Basket
4 Piece Colander Bowl Set

Dont' get me wrong...it's heavy, but it fits. I've heard several of them are breaking and some have the logos wrong...do you think some could have been made smaller?

Sandy

How on earth?Sandy, how on EARTH are you fitting all of that in #2? Do you have a different #2 than I do LOL? Obviously you are taking # 2 and #3 and then also taking the #1 and some sort of briefcase with catelogs, order forms, host packs etc. Is that a correct assumption?

Unbelievable!

I'd love other inputs of what they are taking in each because I know I'm no wuss and I CAN"T lift the darn thing higher than 4 inches or so...definitely not into my truck or the height of a step...and 5 more steps...LOL

Maybe it's just me, but all I am taking are the three show to go pieces - my paperwork, lap-packs, host packages and everything are in there.
I leave the insert in the rolling bag as well.

I agree with Marg and Sandy. There is plenty of space to bring your entire briefcase in the rolling case (one less thing to carry). I'm taking about the same amount as Sandy maybe a touch less. Sandy from your order I would switch the Classic Batter Bowl and the S S Mixing Bowls only because the rolling case is padded and I would be afraid of breakage in the flimsy #2 tote.

Just my 2 cents. My hosts are gaga over the set! I didn't think it would be such a big deal to them, but it makes it look easy, classy and professional (when it doesn't fall apart on you -- sorry that happened ladies).

worth it?So I am just finishing my SS2 month with $3925 in sales since 9/1/05 (yay) I am done with shows for the month and am wondering, is it worth me going out and spendig an extra $75 just to get the rolling case? I am doing OK with the tote and the TTA but I feel like I am so close to the third piece! What do you think?

I would definitely spend the extra $75...I just hope I can get close enough to do that...I now need $773.44 to get the 3rd piece.

By the way...I finally got the e-mail that said the 1st and second piece are on back order...I'm so upset!!!

I think if you don't, you'll regret it later if for no other reason than not reaching a goal...

Yes, I also take another bag with my laptop & guest binders in it. I take the TTA bag, as well....now THAT'S the one I have trouble with. My TTA is so chock full that I have a hard time fitting the "durn" thing in.

I tried putting the SS bowls in Tote #2, but the large one just doesn't fit...that's why I have the Classic in there. Okay, I know I don't NEED the SS bowls, the classic, AND the colander set, but I'm still new enough to drag WAY too much to shows.

Don't get me wrong, my #3 bag is HEAVY! I can lift it, but I certainly will be taking advantage of the rollers every chance I get. If it will help, I'll make a list of things and the places I put it when I restock after my show tomorrow night. (Please tell me if you really want me to do this...otherwise I won't bother).

Finally....SPEND THE $75! The bag ROCKS and it will make carting your stuff around SO much easier!

Have a great day,
Sandy

Hey all-

Thanks for all the suggestions on using the Show to Go! I have my first show with all three pieces tonight.

Also, I have been trying to bring the Insulated Tote to shows, but was getting frustrated because it takes up so much room and basically ends up being an extra bag to carry. Right before my last show I was looking for my computer bag and then it hit me...put my laptop in the tote! (I already had the DDB packed in my crate) One less bag to carry. It works perfect! ;)

This is what I doI call a few friends and family and ask them if there was anything they would like to have for the holidays, maybe a new table runner or something small. Let them know that you are only $75 away from reaching your goal and want to honestly get there.

Have any of your hosts used their specials? If not, ask them if it is okay to offer this to others. I just had a host (my neighbor actually) close on tuesday who didn't want her 1/2 items or the special, she told me to go for it. So I called my friends and offered it to them. That is how I got to increase my show sales, even though I didn't get commission.

It can make a difference.

How does that work?How do guarantees work when you offer a 1/2 off or host special to someone other than the host? I've had hosts offer it to me, but if it's something like the new roasting pan, would I still have a lifetime guarantee on it?

Julie Myers
Ind. Kitchen Consultant
Denver, PA

pcjulie said:
How do guarantees work when you offer a 1/2 off or host special to someone other than the host? I've had hosts offer it to me, but if it's something like the new roasting pan, would I still have a lifetime guarantee on it?

Julie Myers
Ind. Kitchen Consultant
Denver, PA

Yes it would. At Leadership last year, the HO told us to take advantage of those half price items if we have the host's permission to do so. All you would do would be to print a receipt from that show for the Roasting Pan or whatever you purchase at half price.

Thank You!Thanks everyone for the advice...must be good will,but I got two more orders in ona showthat didn't close yet, so I definetly will shell out whatever is neededtoget the rolling tote! :p

SandyYes, please, please, please!

I've been staring at the darn rolling tote with your list in hand (that I printed off ;) ) and I can't figure out how on earth you get everything in.

A 'play by play positioning thing' would be greatly appreciated!

Remember, host half-priced items do not count toward commissionable sells, and the 60% off doesn't either. If a past host orders the host special, it counts on the show total for the current host, but it does not count as commissionable sales. Your 4000.00 has to be commissionable sales. :(

Yeh I earned my rolling case...I was so excited to get it until I have heard some of the troubles you ladies have been having now I am not so sure I will like it. I guess I will have to test it for myself. Does anyone know if they are still on back order? Also I have another question, when people say they had a $1,000 show, what do they base that on, commisanble sales, or guest sales or show total? :eek:
Stacy

Congratulations on earning the rolling case Stacy!!! I base a $1000 show on commissionable sales.

Shawna,You want to know something? YOUR RIGHT! I just double checked the show-to-go and it is commissionable sales. The funny thing is that's what I was using anyway to tally my sales. So, in all the confusion I still tallied right. I checked my monthly sales diary and saw my commissionable sales and checked my stats from Aug to Oct and I still did it! Whew!

Like I said before, I love sharing the products and if a host wants to give up her bonuses and let someone else benefit I will totally do that. I love PC and my hosts and guests. I always offer a kitchen show to all persons who want to place an individual order. I want them to get it for free and have a great time too. Lately I have been referring my shows to dinner parties. That is what they seem to be in the end.

Thanks for shedding the light on the show-to-go. I am glad I still made it :)

congrats to everyone who earned the show-to-go pieces. Looks like I will finally reach the 1,000.00 mark and get the TTA tote. Considering PC is a hobby for me, I think I did pretty well. I love the old TTA tote. I don't know what I will do with another one, but I'll think of something.

Congrats again.

Shawnna :D

Shawnna said:
congrats to everyone who earned the show-to-go pieces. Looks like I will finally reach the 1,000.00 mark and get the TTA tote. Considering PC is a hobby for me, I think I did pretty well. I love the old TTA tote. I don't know what I will do with another one, but I'll think of something.

Congrats again.

Shawnna :D

Congratulations on making the $1000 level! It makes a great incentive gift for a person in your cluster! My cluster love bags! I call them bag ladies!

I am finding it hard to look professional lugging the show-to-go in and out of the house - especially if there are steps or gravel driveways. Once it's in the house it's nice but I need more help carrying than I did with the crate.

I used to bring a crate, paperwork tote, laptop bag, tool turn about, dishpan and maybe a stoneware tote. If the crate was heavy I would put the classic batter bowl or a stone in the dishpan to balance the weight. I bring what I need for the show, some new products, a piece of cookware and stoneware, a couple pieces of SA and a Woven Selections piece and Chillzanne Rect. Server.

Now I bring the rolling case, large tote, TTA tote, laptop case, dishpan (usually on top of the large tote) and paperwork tote.

I do not put the paperwork or laptop in the rolling case because it makes it way too heavy.

The large tote (#2 in the set) gets the Woven Selections piece (or two), Chillzanne Rect. Server (all in wide pocket), the med. SS bowl, small batter bowl, large micro cooker, small saute pan, minibaker, small strainer & bowl of the colander & bowl set (nested in each other in 2 of the pockets), whichever stone I need, meat tenderizer, rice cooker and dessert plates (dessert plates are in their box in the center pocket with the rice cooker on top of them).

The TTA tote gets all the small tools and the chopper.

The rolling case has the large cutting board, stackable cooling rack (in the back outside pocket), the heart mold is in one side pocket, SA Small square in the other and 2 recipe books, front pocket has the small round stone and linens (apron, tablecloth, towel, napkins & rings). Inside I have 2 SA white small bowls, 1 solid color small bowl and mini square, 1 striped medium bowl (each in the larger pockets, SA striped platter in long pocket, Ult. slice n grate in other long pocket, 2 prep bowls in smaller pockets, oil dipping dishes in another small pocket (3 fit), 2 petite squares in the 4th small pocket, I have the celebrate plate in the back pocket, knives and kitchen shears in a side pocket, bar board, creative cutters, scoop, garlic press and microplane in other side pocket, in the little loops I have the new tongs, the cheese grater, and serving tongs. Behind the loops there is a pocket that the bakers roller fits in. I put the easy accent decorator in the measure all and put that in the middle of the case along with the easy ready measure cups, grate container, small bowl caddy, silicone glove, hotpad trivet and kids cookie making set.

I think that's it. :eek: By the way, that is about the same amount of tools I took before. I try to cut down but...

Anyway, I can lift them separately into the car (like she does on the video) and I stack them to move them to the house and IN the house but no way up or down stairs (you don't see her doing that in the video either!). I have thought of going back to the crate but the more I use the rolling case the more I like it. I just need to discipline myself and not bring quite so much!

The big trick is to balance your load and do trial lifts of the bags as you pack them. I do put some of the heavier things in the large tote but have to keep in mind that those straps can only handle so much!

Hope this helps!

Lack of thought for paperwork transport
Beth Brigham said:
Now I bring the rolling case, large tote, TTA tote, laptop case, dishpan (usually on top of the large tote) and paperwork tote.

I wish PC would have designed this system to include a place for paperwork! It makes me mad that I can get all the tools into the system, but have to struggle to find a way to transport the paperwork. In my opinion, it's a serious oversight that they didn't include this important aspect of the business. If you watch the video, the person taking her show on the go didn't bring any paperwork. How's she supposed to take orders!

Just my two cents.

I have all three pieces and am going to give it a shot using just these three because I don't like to take too much. If it turns out that I don't like the rolling case, I may go back to the cheap one I bought at Office Depot because at least I could transport my paperwork in a nice manner.

Would that big pocket in the front of the rolling case work for paperwork? I still bring a separate briefcase for paperwork, but was thinking about using that pocket in the front. I use it now for stoneware, but maybe for the shows I don't bring a big stone I can put paperwork in there instead. Or those side pockets on the rolling case. I use one now for the cooling rack and the other side for all my cookbooks. But, I bet I could put those in other places if I play around a little.

I'm amazed, I can now do it in just two trips to and from the car! It used to be at least three. On the way out, I do three because then I have the crate with dirty dishes, but it's still much better and every host has commented about how well organized I look. At least I LOOK organized because I don't always feel it! :)

If you can, you can put all the items you need for the demo in the rolling case, put you tool turn about in the tta tote w/ all the products you can fit in there (which is ALOT...Trust me!!!) and then put your paperwork in the carry all tote. or just use the catalog tote bag to fit all of your paperwork and have 4 beautiful PC bags to show off. I know all of my paperwork will fit in the catalog tote...I use it all of the time. Maybey this will help a little, I hope it does. I would really hate for you not use the system as it is so nice and beautiful and a great recruiting tool. When your hists/guests see what you can earn, they will most likely want to earn it too!

paperworkI have the guest packets in the front pocket, but I also bring the tan PC binder, a few host packets for future shows, an expandable folder with additional paperwork in case someone asks about Pampered Bride, Gift Certs, etc, and finally the nice black PC binder with the upcoming specials. That makes for a lot of paperwork to carry around, but I've used all of it at one point or another. Every show I use the binder with the specials and frequently pull out the other binder with the Recipe for Success because people want replacement part info or something else.

paperworkI use the carry all tote for paperwork. When I first started the business 3 years ago my director gave me a PC bag almost exactly like the carry all tote. I carry 15-25 guest folders, cookbooks, my money bag, pens, calculator, my bookings binder and misc flyers in here. This leaves room for other products, aprons, table clothes etc. if I need to use it. I use the rolling case for all of my products. You can fit everything you need in there to demo! You don't need to pack the whole house with you! I use the side pockets for prizes etc. I use the front pockets for stoneware! Love it!!

Hi
I just got my BIG Show to Go today! (Dec 28) Now just have to figure out how to not break my back.
Susan :)

Be careful!
Pamperedthelma said:
Hi
I just got my BIG Show to Go today! (Dec 28) Now just have to figure out how to not break my back.
Susan :)

When I first got my rolling case a few months ago. I loaded that thing to the top with everything. Then my husband tried to pick it up to load it in the car and told me I had to rethink how I was packing! He even thought it was too heavy. :p One of the mistakes I made was putting paperwork in it...which added a ton of weight! Another was putting 3 pieces of stoneware...because I had room...ha ha! :rolleyes:

Just don't jam pack it with everything and you will love it!

I finallyI finally received my earned ttote and waiting on my other piece. Is there a way to see if you for sure earned - what was the deadline again?

I believe the second level was $2,000 and I made it be 2550.00 so i should get the 2nd piece - right? Can I call HO and ask?

So do you think they'll ever make the pieces available to buy? I hope, because things just didn't work out for me at the time these were an incentive--and they sound like they make things SO much easier!

I just got my 2nd tote, all I need now is the rolling case, I can't wait to stop using the crate, it is way akward. ;)

pchefinski said:
So do you think they'll ever make the pieces available to buy? I hope, because things just didn't work out for me at the time these were an incentive--and they sound like they make things SO much easier!

When they came out with the Showcase a few years ago it was offered as an incentive, and then a few months later (or the next season) it was available for purchase. I would thing they'd make it available since it's a business tool rather than more of a "fluff" item (like some of the other goodies).

Last edited:
Yipee!!!!!!!!My rolling case just arrived and I am so excited. Now I have to wait 3 weeks to use it, oh well it is here and that is all that matters.
Amanda :D

OOH! I hope I get mine today too. I have been waiting to get it. I can't wait to organize all my stuff and use it.

They told me no...
pchefinski said:

When I asked if they would be available for sale the reply was no. I earned all three pieces but have not had the chance to use them yet. I would think eventually it would be smart for them to offer them for sale. Why not offer a great business tool!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • kcnancy