• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Pushy Upline: The Pressure to Secure Bookings in Direct Sales

In summary, the speaker is concerned because they were told they need 6 confirmed bookings before they can receive their starter kit. However, they already have 6 bookings but two are for January, which their recruiter doesn't want to count. The speaker also feels like their recruiter is pushing them too hard and not providing enough support or information. The speaker is also worried about not having enough experience before their first show. However, there is no rule that says the first 6 shows must be done in 30 days, and the speaker can order their kit now with the dates they have and start without completing all 6 shows in the first 30 days.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
I've been told that I have to have 6 confirmed bookings before I can even get my starters kit in the mail.

THis worries me to no end, as I have a booking for the 29th of this month (only a week and a half away!) and haven't even sent in my registration yet!

I do actually have 6 bookings, but two are for January so she doesn't want to count them...but I feel like she's holding me back! I need to have this info so I know what I am trying to sell people...so far the first package she was going to sell me has gone back to her in the post and things like flyers and info on hostess points I've been told was set to go in the NEXT package to me. I NEED to know these things to use as selling points for people to host their own parties!!

Is this normal, or has she discovered a way to "encourage" people a bit too much?

Well...When you sign up, you do need to put in 6 dates that you intend to do shows. However, it makes more sense to actually have those dates booked. Also, when is you Super Starter 1 month? That makes a difference too.
Your up line is probably saying 6 shows because you need to log those dates with HO. Also, if you want to make enough sales to get to the level one "extra" products, you may need 6 shows to do this in one month.
The new rule however is that you become qualified after 4 shows.
The end of the year is coming and your director may need you to be qualified before the 31st of December for a promotion they need.
It sorta stinks that they are pushing rather than helping to get to their goal instead of yours. As this is what it sounds like is happening.
It goes against everything Doris teaches about making everyone else the number one and not our selves. But there are those people who just do not give a rats behind about other people.
It to bad and it makes alot of the rest of look bad.

thanks for the reply...I do actually have six dates for bookings, it's just that not all of them are for the next 30 days, two of them are for January.

I understand she wants me to reach the goal amount within 30 days of setting up but she's really making me feel like if I don't have six then I won't get to sign up!

WIth less than two weeks to go I really need some info/training/equipment/RECIPES to try at home so that I don't go to my first show with no experience what so ever.

I'm not a bad cook, so think I could pull off a recipe, but only if i've had a chance to at least try it once! I've been looking here for ideas, scripts, ways to book etc etc, and feel like she hasn't really been a support yet at all, except she just keeps trying to PUSH me...

I've also got pals who want brochures to look at, as Pampered Chef is relatively new here so a lot of people have never seen the stuff before.

BAH!

Just to let you know that as much as we like to encourage our new recruits to get these shows done quickly, there is no rule that they need to be done in the first 30 days. You can order your kit now with the dates that you have (yes, even in January) and get started.

If you have any other question, please feel free to e-mail me. I would never try to take you away from your recruiter, it just sounds like you could use to have a few questions answered.

There is no rule whatsoever that says you need to do your first 6 shows in 30 days. If you did do that however, you would get some great bonuses! :D
I would firmly, but politely tell your recruiter that you do have your 1st 6 shows lined up - for when it suits you If she has a problem with that, then you will find another recruiter who will be more than happy to help you on your terms. I know there are a lot of great people on here, myself included, that would love to help you out.
I know that here in Canada, you can submit your Consultant's agreement on-line and all you need is your recruiter's consultant number. Your kit will ship within 24-48 hours of you submitting your agreement.

Muppetgal said:
I've been told that I have to have 6 confirmed bookings before I can even get my starters kit in the mail.

THis worries me to no end, as I have a booking for the 29th of this month (only a week and a half away!) and haven't even sent in my registration yet!

I do actually have 6 bookings, but two are for January so she doesn't want to count them...but I feel like she's holding me back! I need to have this info so I know what I am trying to sell people...so far the first package she was going to sell me has gone back to her in the post and things like flyers and info on hostess points I've been told was set to go in the NEXT package to me. I NEED to know these things to use as selling points for people to host their own parties!!

Is this normal, or has she discovered a way to "encourage" people a bit too much?

My director told me to just make 6 dates up; they do NOT check them. YOU can sign up online for your starter kit using anyone's consultant # and just state that "no" you do NOT have your paperwork (they will send it to you). When you get your kit, there will be a "Recipe for Success" binder and the "Welcome" book that will guide you (gently ~ no pressure necessary. This is going to be YOUR business. You work as frequently as YOU want) to brainstorm 100 potential customers/hosts.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would simply tell your director she must have YOUR goals wrong and would she like you to clarify them. It's her job to help you meet YOUR goals while motivating you and being your cheerleader.

Susan :)

There must be something in the air :rolleyes: I am seeing too many people on here that are not happy with their uplines!

Muppetgal, you don't have to do your 6 dates in 30 days. Sign up online and you can actually use anyones consultant number. Don't stress because you have a lot of supporting consultants here on CS that will help you.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask any of us. We are all here to help. You can email me if you need too, with your questions.

Good luck to you! :)

Dear Muppetgal,

If you are already having these problems with your recruiter...I think that you should be concerned about the future relationship you will have with him/her. They are there to support you and present company policies clearly and without bias. If you do not believe that this is being done, find another recruiter.

Good luck!
maria

No goodWOW! I am so sorry to hear about this pressure you are feeling from your upline. I know from experience how that can be. It is hard when someone pushes you towards their goal instead of your own.

However, I am sure she wants you to get your business off to good start. We have all been taught that consultants that do 6 shows in their first month are 80% more likely to succeed in this business.

I learned from National Conference the secret of our top recruiter and I have implimented this in my business. When I have a future consultant, I require that they do at least 4 catalog shows in their first month. This helps them qualify quickly as well as giving them a foundation for their business. Most of my new team members do these 4 catalog shows plus at least 2 kitchen shows before their introductory period is over. I have found that this is working amazing for my team!

As everyone stated above, all you need is a consultant # and name to sign up online; however, I know that it is much easier if you have local support. I encourage you to talk to your upline and let her know what you fill. If she is still not supportive of your goals, then you might need to find another recruiter!

Hope this helps!

Smiles,

Sounds AwfulI agree that you may want to consider your future with this recruiter. It is important that you get off to a strong start but not at the expense of not enjoying the business. I have recruited over 30 people and never have I made one feel that work comes before fun!

You also don't need to wait on her, to get started. If you sign up, you can check no you don't have a quick start box. If she didn't get it to you in time, that is her problem.

Please don't hesitate to contact Pampered Chef with problems, they may be able to find you a more experienced Director to answer your questions or work with.

I do truly wish you the best of luck. I have many "adopted" team members right now, who were at one time unhappy with thier upline. I am more than happy to "adopt" you. I do this because of how it feels to share the business in the heart.

Once you get started, if you feel you need more support, encouragement, motivation or information, do not hesitate to call me at 734-480-1453.

I wish you the best,
Melody

well, just so you all know this lady is the REGIONAL director for Scotland, so no matter what I do as far as an upline goes she'll still have me on her team in one way or another.

Ends up there is a consultant in my city that needs one more recruit (to do 4 shows too) to become a director, so now the first lady has "given" me to this other lady to help her reach her goal before the end of the year.

I'm actually okay with this as this new upline lives here and is meeting with me TODAY to get my pack sent and get stuff on the go. I spoke to her on the phone and she was more than happy to submit my info with the 6 shows I have booked, even though two of them are for January.

I just don't have enough time this next month to do more than I'm already doing...I have a part time job in the evenings right now as it is and CAN'T work 7 days a week and take care of my toddler everyday too. I'd be dead!

So fingers crossed that this new upline will be better suited to me, and will actually let me do things a bit more at my own pace!

1. Why does my upline keep pressuring me to make sales and recruit more people?

Your upline's job is to help you succeed and grow in your business. They may be pushing you because they see potential in you and want to help you reach your goals. It is also a part of their job to motivate and encourage their team to reach their full potential.

2. I feel like my upline is being too pushy and it's making me uncomfortable. What should I do?

Communication is key in any relationship, including your relationship with your upline. If you feel uncomfortable with the level of pushiness, it's important to have an open and honest conversation with your upline. Let them know how you are feeling and try to come up with a compromise that works for both of you.

3. My upline keeps asking me to buy products that I don't need. How do I handle this?

It's important to remember that as a business, your upline's main goal is to make sales. However, if you feel like they are consistently pressuring you to buy products that you don't need or want, it's important to communicate this to them. Let them know what products you are interested in and what your budget is so they can better assist you.

4. I'm not comfortable with recruiting, but my upline keeps pushing me to do so. What can I do?

Recruiting is a crucial part of growing a successful Pampered Chef business, but it's understandable if you are not comfortable with it. Talk to your upline about your concerns and see if there are alternative ways to grow your team that you are more comfortable with, such as hosting parties or events. Your upline should be supportive and help you find a strategy that works for you.

5. My upline is constantly messaging me and asking for updates on my progress. How do I set boundaries?

Setting boundaries with your upline is important in maintaining a healthy relationship. Let them know what your preferred method of communication is and how often you are comfortable checking in with them. It's also important to communicate your progress and any challenges you are facing so that your upline can provide you with the support and guidance you need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • megara2688