• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Updated Alert: Now It's Wine Flu

In summary, the conversation discussed a new flu strain called Wine Flu that is caused by drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Symptoms include headache, nausea, chills, and sore eyes. Experts recommend tea and rest, but if symptoms worsen, taking Nurofen can help. Some also suggest a McDonald's meal or a greasy fry-up. It is not contagious or life-threatening, and a humorous tip was shared about watching Winnie the Pooh to feel better.
colegrovet
Gold Member
Updated flu alert

I went to a dinner party last night, where I, and other guests,
enjoyed generous amounts of alcohol. I woke up this morning
not feeling well, with what could be described as flu-like symptoms:
headache, nausea, chills, sore eyes, etc.
From the results of some initial testing, I have unfortunately tested
positive for what experts are now calling Wine Flu.
This debilitating condition is very serious - and it appears this is
not an isolated case.
Reports are flooding in from all around the neighbourhood of others
diagnosed with Wine Flu.
For those exhibiting these tell-tale signs, experts are recommending
a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down. However, should your condition
worsen, you should immediately play a DVD and take some Nurofen
(Nurofen seems to be the only drug available that has been proven
to help comba> this unusual type of flu).
Others are reporting a McDonald's Happy Meal or a greasy fry-up
also helps in some cases.
Wine Flu is not contagious and does not appear to be life threatening.
If the above tips don't do the trick, then further application of the
original liquid in similar quantities to the original dose has been
shown to work.

I love this! My favorite DVD when a severe case of Wine Flu hits happens to be anything Winnie the Pooh. It's a running joke with my DH and I- when I've got it BAD, break out Winnie the Pooh. Anything else makes me feel naseous, lol. ;)

Wow, that sounds like a rough night. I hope you start feeling better soon. It's interesting that this is being called Wine Flu. I haven't heard of that before. I'll definitely keep an eye out for those symptoms and make sure to have some Nurofen on hand just in case. Thanks for the heads up!

1. What is "Updated Alert: Now It's Wine Flu"?

"Updated Alert: Now It's Wine Flu" is a term used to refer to the recent outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a new strain of the influenza virus. It has been named as such because the first reported cases were linked to a wine festival in China.

2. How is the Wine Flu different from other strains of the flu?

The Wine Flu is caused by a new and previously unidentified strain of the influenza virus, making it different from other strains that have been previously encountered. This means that people may not have any immunity to this virus, making it easier to contract and potentially more severe.

3. Is the Wine Flu a cause for concern?

Yes, the Wine Flu is a cause for concern as it can spread quickly and has the potential to cause serious illness and even death. It is important to take precautions and follow guidelines from health authorities to prevent the spread of this virus.

4. How can I protect myself from the Wine Flu?

To protect yourself from the Wine Flu, it is important to practice good hygiene habits such as frequent hand washing, avoiding close contact with sick individuals, and staying home if you are feeling unwell. Additionally, getting a flu vaccine can also help protect against the virus.

5. What is Pampered Chef doing to address the Wine Flu outbreak?

Pampered Chef is closely monitoring the situation and following guidelines from health authorities. We are also taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and customers. We encourage everyone to stay informed and take necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy