• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock Microplane Grater: Easy Instructions Needed

In summary, the Microplane Grater is released by using the hub and not by twisting or turning the handle.
Pampered Cook
I am having trouble with the release of the handle on the Microplane Grater. Could someone give me easy instructions on how to get it out the locked position. I have tried and tried with no success. This is a product that I have not used at my cooking shows because I can't get it unlocked.

This is my first post and I enjoy reading all the posts. I have received alot of ideas and information on this site.

Thanks!

oh good so it's not just me!! lol. i ALWAYS have problems with this thing. i'm sure within minutes someone will have an answer for us.

good luck and welcome to the site!

It's not a push-button, which fools the user. Use the hub, not to push down upon, but as a fulcrum to pull the handle upwards, towards you, to release it. Once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder why you had so much trouble with it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! lol I almost didn't get it unlocked before the guests arrived at my first show - good thing it was for my best friend!

Maybe there is something wrong with mine. I still cannot get it to release. I even had my husband to try with no luck. There are no consultants near me so I can't see someone do it. I keep trying then put it back in my cabinet then take it out again and try it again. I guess I keep thinking that when I take it out of the cabinet again something will click in my brain about it. I am just about ready to give up on this thing.

I struggled with this so much when I got it....

Basically -- with the protective cover in place -- You are going to want to Hold the handle in your left hand. Then, with your right hand on the top (where the handle and the grater part come together, put your thumb on one side and your pointing finger (i know... real descriptive.. but the one next to your thumb on the other side. Then you need to move your left hand to the left and push with your right hand in the other direction you will feel it "give" and that should show you how it releases as its like... spring loaded? :)

I have NO idea if this will help... maybe I can try my hand at a video for you? :)

Also if you look real close at the top of the grater there is a little picture of a pad-lock with an arrrow showing you which way to push.

I felt like a total schmuck until a CUSTOMER showed me how to do it.
The thing to remember is that the handle does not twist or turn, it slides.

Thanks so much for the information. My husband kept working with it and got it open. It looks easy when he opens it but when I try it is hard. I'll get it hopefully. :D

Thanks Again!!

I got this immediately when I saw it, but one of my recruits broke hers b/c she was trying to pull on it, so I know how it can be confusing:

1 - Hold handle in right hand, microplane grater side in left hand
2 - Place right thumb on round hinge
3 - Push hinge with right thumb while pulling handle with right hand
4 - With hinge pushed in, pull to your right and lock in position to stand on a cutting board or pull out all the way for grating over a dish

* If someone can show you how to do this (your director, recruiter, a customer, whatever), it is SO much easier to follow. I show this at all of my shows so that people know how it works, and I tell the story of my recruit so they pay attention and don't miss that part. I also let people try it out so they know how it works before they buy it (not just the grating part, but the opening and closing part!). HTH!!

One of my new consultants had trouble with hers too but once she got it and did it a couple times it loosened up and now it's fine. Maybe some are tighter than others...

Are you left handed? I am, and I really think that's why I have trouble. My right thumb (and fingers for that matter!) are much weaker than my left are.

I LOVE the microplane though!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I can't believe how easy that was......it took me 20 minutes before I gave up the first time

I may be coming down to Loyall this weekend. If you are still having trouble I would be glad to meet you somewhere and help you with it.

1. How do I unlock my Microplane grater?

To unlock your Microplane grater, hold the handle firmly and twist the blade away from the handle. This will release the blade and allow it to be removed for cleaning or replacement.

2. Do I need any tools to unlock my Microplane grater?

No, you do not need any tools to unlock your Microplane grater. Simply use your hands to twist the blade away from the handle to unlock it.

3. Can I unlock my Microplane grater while it is still attached to the handle?

No, it is not recommended to try and unlock your Microplane grater while it is still attached to the handle. This could cause damage to the grater or injury to yourself.

4. How do I know if my Microplane grater is unlocked?

If the blade is able to be removed from the handle, then your Microplane grater is unlocked. You should be able to easily twist the blade away from the handle and remove it.

5. Can I unlock my Microplane grater without applying too much force?

Yes, you should not need to apply excessive force to unlock your Microplane grater. If you are struggling to unlock it, try using a cloth or towel for better grip, or contact Pampered Chef for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sushimommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci