• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Pampered Chef Party on Tonight's United States of Tara Episode

In summary, during a conversation, a Pampered Chef party was mentioned on an episode of The United States of Tara. The show is about a woman with dissociative identity disorder and her struggles with raising a dysfunctional family. The show is available on Showtime and can also be found on Netflix. The show also mentions Pampered Chef in a few humorous remarks. However, one of the products mentioned, the chilzanne, has been discontinued. Despite this, the mention of Pampered Chef was still exciting for those who are fans of the brand.
lockwoodPc
They mentioned a Pampered Chef party on tonites episode of The United States of Tara... I was shocked to hear it:)

ooh yay! How is that show? I saw something bout it on Netflix, looked good

lockwoodPc said:
They mentioned a Pampered Chef party on tonites episode of The United States of Tara... I was shocked to hear it:)

The United States of Tara??? is that a show? I've never heard of it!!!

Same here caraighan I have never heard of The United States of Tara....

that makes 3 of us I haven't heard of it before either.

I haven't heard of it either, of course that's not saying much. We haven't had network broadcasting since 1997.
Was it a good comment?

lockwoodPc said:

Yes, my son told me about it and he had DVRed it. It was funny to us.

Do you like it? I read that if you liked Gilmore Girls you would like United States of Tara. I loved Gilmore Girls. What channel does it come on?

Crystal Patton said:
I haven't heard of it either, of course that's not saying much. We haven't had network broadcasting since 1997.
Was it a good comment?

Really? No broadcasting whatsoever? Wow!:eek:

kcjodih said:
Really? No broadcasting whatsoever? Wow!:eek:

My husband and I are in a 12 step program for TV (tongue-in-cheek). We just get s-u-c-k-e-d in. If we go to friend houses and they have their TV on we will be chatting and then -poof- we're zombies.

Honestly, when we first married we were too poor to afford cable or dish so we did without. Then we found that we really liked talking to each other, reading books, playing chess (he always beat me, the bum) and once in a while, renting movies. So once we could afford it we decided not to get it. We do have a very extensive movie library now, I think we are at 456, both VHS and DVD.

If any one is interested it's $1 a day to rent from us - NO I'm just Kidding:p

pcsharon1 said:
Do you like it? I read that if you liked Gilmore Girls you would like United States of Tara. I loved Gilmore Girls. What channel does it come on?

OOOOH!!! I LOVED Gilmore Girls too! Have the complete series on DVD, still can't get enough of it (probably shoudln't be admitting this in a public forum huh!?).

I think I will have to Netflix United States of Tara.

I just googled it... here's what I got. It's on showtime (so I will have to rent it) and the plot is: A woman struggles to find a balance between her dissociative identity disorder and raising a dysfunctional family

dissociative identity disorder and raising a dysfunctional family

Wouldn't you know this would bring up Pampered Chef? LOL

I watched it online and I didn't really care too much for it - too suggestive for my taste - but I loved the 2 remarks about PC.

- the sister came to pick up Tara for the PC party but now b/c one of her 'alters' is here she's not going.

- the husband says something like "I've been living w/ this for 17 years, married to it. you just take it to PC parties."

And then he suggests that the sister take the daughter instead b/c he's been wanting a new deviled egg carrier. My first thought was "hey, we don't have one of those" but then I remembered the chilzanne.

I LOVE this show! I am hooked! and too funny that PC is mentioned. My husband had seen the preview a few months ago and mentioned the PC reference to me so of course I had to watch it. We have Showtime and it is available On Demand anytime for those that have access to it.

cookingwith_tara said:
I watched it online and I didn't really care too much for it - too suggestive for my taste - but I loved the 2 remarks about PC.

- the sister came to pick up Tara for the PC party but now b/c one of her 'alters' is here she's not going.

- the husband says something like "I've been living w/ this for 17 years, married to it. you just take it to PC parties."

And then he suggests that the sister take the daughter instead b/c he's been wanting a new deviled egg carrier. My first thought was "hey, we don't have one of those" but then I remembered the chilzanne.

But the chilzanne has been discontinued! Of all the things they could have mentioned!

I know! At least we were mentioned! Wahoo!

I just went though my On-Demand looking for a movie, is it a movie or a show? I didn't see it. I'm still learning how to guide myself through the guide on ours. You'd think after years I'd know how it works...

It's brand new, so is probable not available. Check the website for whatever network it is on, they may have the episodes.Robin

it's on showtime

Crystal Patton said:
My husband and I are in a 12 step program for TV (tongue-in-cheek). We just get s-u-c-k-e-d in. If we go to friend houses and they have their TV on we will be chatting and then -poof- we're zombies.

Honestly, when we first married we were too poor to afford cable or dish so we did without. Then we found that we really liked talking to each other, reading books, playing chess (he always beat me, the bum) and once in a while, renting movies. So once we could afford it we decided not to get it. We do have a very extensive movie library now, I think we are at 456, both VHS and DVD.

If any one is interested it's $1 a day to rent from us - NO I'm just Kidding:p

And I have a feeling you have them all organized alphabetically, with a list of your inventory....maybe even when and how many times you have watched each DVD

It's available on Netflix.

PCMelissa said:
And I have a feeling you have them all organized alphabetically, with a list of your inventory....maybe even when and how many times you have watched each DVD

That cracked me up!!!

I do have a movie list in excel that I update so we don't buy the same movie twice. But I haven't updated it since May.

In the livingroom they are broken into two groups - Kids movies and Mom & Dad movies. With in the groups it's bedlam.

Hey, it's on my list.:p

Crystal Patton said:
That cracked me up!!!

I do have a movie list in excel that I update so we don't buy the same movie twice. But I haven't updated it since May.

In the livingroom they are broken into two groups - Kids movies and Mom & Dad movies. With in the groups it's bedlam.

Hey, it's on my list.:p

Ha, ha! You may be the only person I know who has a list of the lists you need to create! Tell your hubby that you do not intimidate me..... you are my HERO, lol!

cookingwith_tara said:

It was actually the son that the father suggested taking, because he is the domestic one. Anyway...another media plug for us.

I finally saw the pilot for this show and thought it was hilarious! so random that they said PC when they could have mentioned any other DS co or store!

When is it on? I'm caught up on 3 episodes, but I NEED more! I don't have showtime, but I have showtime on demand, weird, but I can still watch it!

That is weird that you have showtime on demand.I just finally got my video card updated on my computer so I was able to watch it through Netflix. I think they only have the very first episode. I've been sick so I've been watching all kinds of stuff I never do.
Weeds was quite amusing too. It amazes me what they get away with on Showtime!

1. What is "United States of Tara" about?

"United States of Tara" is a television series that follows the life of a woman named Tara who has dissociative identity disorder (DID). The show explores how Tara and her family cope with the challenges of her condition while also dealing with everyday life.

2. Who stars in "United States of Tara"?

The series stars Toni Collette as Tara, as well as John Corbett, Rosemarie DeWitt, and Keir Gilchrist. Other actors who have recurring roles in the series include Brie Larson, Patton Oswalt, and Eddie Izzard.

3. How many seasons of "United States of Tara" are there?

There are three seasons of "United States of Tara", with a total of 36 episodes. The series originally aired on Showtime from 2009 to 2011.

4. Is "United States of Tara" a comedy or drama?

The show is classified as a dark comedy, as it explores heavy themes of mental illness while also incorporating humor into the storyline.

5. Is "United States of Tara" based on a true story?

No, "United States of Tara" is a fictional series. However, the creators have stated that they did research and consulted with people who have DID in order to accurately portray the condition on the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krisPC
  • Tara Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg