• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unintended Mass Subscription in PWS: What to Do?

In summary, all of their 2000 contact's were automatically subscribed to the new PC newsletter. The problem is, the person didn't want them to do that because they haven't cleaned up their list yet. They have to opt in and then opt out again if they want to not receive the newsletter.
pamperedbecky
So, they automatically "subscribed" all of our contacts in our PWS customer connection section. THe problem is, I didn't want them to do that because I haven't yet cleaned up my list. I have used icontact for over a year and only used that to send out newsletters. I actually need to cross check THAT list of people who have unsubcribed and clear them out of my PWS contacts if they happen to be in there. But now all 2000 whatever contacts are in there and will receive the newsletter Monday!! I have A LOT of work ahead of my tomorrow because it looks like there's no way to delete ALL or even more than one contact at the same time. There's a way to delete a contact from getting the newsletter, but you have to do them one at a time. I don't know how many people have played around with this, but if you know how to delete all or multiple contacts at the same time, I'd LOVE to know how!:D Otherwise, my Sunday will be filled with deleting each person individually.:bugeye:

I also wanted to make sure all of you knew about this. I maybe wanted to test the new enewsletter out on a few select customers/hosts, so I wasn't quite ready for this. Check your contact list under the enewsletter on your PWS and you'll see that all your contacts are now in there.

I just wanted to see if any of you are in the same boat as me! Thanks!

I am not happy with that either. I use IContact and Mike Mendyke.

I saw a way to select which groups of people get the newsletter. Or you can opt out all together and give yourself another month to finish cleaning up your list. ;)

I didn't even bother to sign up for the PC one until they get the bugs worked out. I use Mike's and love it.

I do my own with iContact. I opted out of theirs too! LOL

Do you have to "Opt Out" or "Opt In"? If I do nothing will it automatically send? I hope not! I've NEVER done anything with my pws contacts and have no idea what's in there.

pamperedlinda said:
Do you have to "Opt Out" or "Opt In"? If I do nothing will it automatically send? I hope not! I've NEVER done anything with my pws contacts and have no idea what's in there.

Okay - I just checked it. You have to "Opt In".....whew!!! I was getting confused reading about this.

pamperedlinda said:
Okay - I just checked it. You have to "Opt In".....whew!!! I was getting confused reading about this.

Thanks so much for posting this Linda! I thought the SAME THING! I never Opted In so was getting nervous!

I used TT, and got a pretty good response from that - but it seemed so long to me, and I didn't want to have to go in and delete and create my own.

Then, I decided to try out My Email Designs, with a free iContact deal. I didn't seem to get the same good response from that...and I really didn't want to have to pay for iContact. (I'm cheap, I know)

So - this month, I made it a goal to clean up my contact list, and only THEN did I opt in for the PC Newsletter. I've been working on it a little bit every night, and I'm ready to go. I would really LOVE for this to work, since I'm already paying for it by having a website, and it's so little work on my part.

We'll see how it works out. I'm going for it and trying it at least.

pamperedlinda said:

Yeah, you do have to do the initial opt in. A few months ago I thought I'd just check out how it worked, so I opted in and only put myself down as a contact. I wanted to see how it all worked. I had no idea that later on, they would opt-in EVERYONE for me. My list is several years old and I haven't been updating it or syncing it. I was hoping to remove ALL Of my contacts through Customer Connections on the PWS and do a brand new sync with P3 once I removed the email addresses of anyone that's unsubcribed from iContact.

I hope I can go back and opt out all together, then opt back in. I hope I hear that this goes better than the last attempt at this new enewsletter! anyone planning on doing it this time around?

pamperedbecky said:
....anyone planning on doing it this time around?
Not me. I'm going to wait until I know it works but more importantly until I have time to clean-up my pws contacts. I am clueless as to who is in there :blushing:

I'm in. I have done my clean up but there are some names in there I'm not sure of. We'll see what happens. The bad thing for me is that in my regular email I have quite a few who's names I didn't include and now I'm not sure who they are. CC says you must have a first and last name so those people will be left out.

Until I see the first one (it never sent it to me last month), I still have myself as the the only group for it to send to. My home, business and work email addresses 'should' receive it. If I like it, I can simply forward it to my contact lists. If it works well, then I will use it as I dont get my newsletter out most months b/c of time/effort/remembering etc. If its automated, wahoo. Simplify my business. Then I can suppliment with other things if I so choose. With a busy life, working FT and trying to keep my PC biz up FT, I love streamlining and not recreating the wheel. I LOVE TT newsletters and will keep the service but HO pays people big bucks to create professional looking marketing materials and was even told by Nancy Jo Ryan to stop 'tweaking' things...so if it all works for her, it can work for me. :) (ok...so thats what I tell myself...believing is another post all in itself. haha)

Sheila said:
I saw a way to select which groups of people get the newsletter. Or you can opt out all together and give yourself another month to finish cleaning up your list. ;)

Thanks, Sheila! I just opted out of the newsletter for now. I'd like to see how this next run of it goes. Plus, I want to clean up my list. I have to check to see when my TT subscription is up to. I want to send one more email from there this month to remind people about HWC products and announce a mystery host catalog show I'm going to do. I wish the new enewsletter through our website had more room to customize things because I like having the section like TT recoginizing our host of the month and being able to add in anything extra - like I like to do when I offer some type of little special or announce things like my own shows or this mystery host catalog show.

I can't wait to hear how it goes for those of you doing it. :)

My biggest problem with the PWS is the delivery. I had horrible luck with e-vites from my PWS that never make it to inboxes because they get flagged as spam. The newsletter will do the same thing, I'm sure.iContact has a proven delivery rate so I'm going to stick with it for now. It's not that hard to upload my contacts each month and import Tasty Tidbits and quickly edit it to my liking. If someone has opted out of the newsletter, I would NOT be deleting their address in P3. I always like to keep the contact info complete in P3. Can't you just flag them in customer connection as opting out?

I suppose I could flag them, so that is another option I guess. We'll see what I end up doing. Paying just $10/month for the PWS is hard to beat when I'm paying $30/month for iContact. I do LOVE TT though! I have a pretty low "open" rate, so I'm guessing I have some pretty old email addresses after 7 1/2 years of accumulating those contacts.

pamperedbecky said:
I have a pretty low "open" rate,

I think they say that if you get a 10% open rate, that's considered a success.

With that, there are certain internet providers that don't allow a 'return receipt' (perse) when someone opens an e-mail. I found this out when I did my team e-mails through icontact. I was getting really irritated that one of my consultants never opened it. I found out later that she read it every week... it was just that her internet provider wasn't reporting back that she opened it.

So we can't always assume that someone's not reading it because we can't see that they opened it... Kind of defeats the purpose of having the report but I suppose it falls under privacy issues...

What is unintended mass subscription in PWS?

Unintended mass subscription in PWS refers to a situation where a customer unintentionally signs up for a recurring subscription to receive products from Pampered Chef through their Personal Website (PWS).

How does unintended mass subscription happen?

Unintended mass subscription can happen when a customer accidentally clicks the "Subscribe" button on your PWS or when they do not fully understand the subscription process and mistakenly sign up for recurring shipments.

What should I do if I have been unintentionally subscribed to a PWS subscription?

If you have been unintentionally subscribed to a PWS subscription, you can cancel the subscription by contacting Pampered Chef customer service at 1-888-687-2433 or by emailing us at [email protected]. Our team will be happy to assist you with canceling the subscription.

Can I get a refund for an unintended mass subscription in PWS?

Yes, if you have been charged for an unintended mass subscription in PWS, you can contact our customer service team at 1-888-687-2433 or [email protected] to request a refund. We will review the situation and process a refund if applicable.

How can I prevent unintended mass subscription in the future?

To prevent unintended mass subscription in the future, make sure to carefully read and understand the subscription terms before signing up. You can also contact our customer service team for any clarification or questions before subscribing. Additionally, you can monitor your PWS account regularly to ensure you are not subscribed to any unwanted subscriptions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom