• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unhappy Customer & UM: What Can Be Done?

In summary, a customer is unhappy with the size of the UM (unknown product) they purchased, stating that the hole is too small for shredding squash, zucchini, and cabbage. They are unsure of how to respond to this issue and have reached out to their director for guidance. The customer also questions what the customer may be doing to the vegetables that they won't fit in the hole. The customer suggests offering to show the customer how to use the product or allowing for a return/exchange. They mention that the grater in the UM does not require the use of the food holder and offer suggestions for using larger vegetables with the product. They also mention that the customer may not know how to use the mandoline if they are
JDooley
I had a woman buy the UM, and she is unhappy with the size it does not do what she wants it too. The hole is too small for her squash, zucchini and cabbage and she can’t shred them like she wants to. I don’t know how to respond to this issue or what CAN be done. She has had it for over a month close to two I think… any suggestions? This is my first notification of any issue with it

BTW… I want to know what she is doing to her squash and zucchini that it won’t “fit in the hole”

I have emailed my director but she is on Vacation.

JDooley said:
I had a woman buy the UM, and she is unhappy with the size it does not do what she wants it too. The hole is too small for her squash, zucchini and cabbage and she can’t shred them like she wants to. I don’t know how to respond to this issue or what CAN be done. She has had it for over a month close to two I think… any suggestions? This is my first notification of any issue with it

BTW… I want to know what she is doing to her squash and zucchini that it won’t “fit in the hole”

I have emailed my director but she is on Vacation.

Does she live close to you? If so, offer to hop on over to her place to show her how to use it. If not, then she can do a return/exchange.

Using the grater in the UM doesn't require the use of the food holder. Only the other 3 blades do.

As far as the squash & zucchini being too small... holy moly! What size is she trying to do?

She can shred without the guard, if that is her only issue. As far as the hole being to small - I have to agree. You are limited with the size of onion or tomato that can be sliced also. I have the old one too, so when I slice zuchinni for the "pasta" in a vegetable lasgna, I use it because I want long horizontal cuts.

she is close and knows how to use it. but it cant be used with out the box part on it... part with the hole. well she wants to put a half a head of cabbage on there to shred it. also she states that the opening is not big enough for the other vegetables except for her carrots.

JDooley said:
she is close and knows how to use it. but it cant be used with out the box part on it... part with the hole. well she wants to put a half a head of cabbage on there to shred it. also she states that the opening is not big enough for the other vegetables except for her carrots.

Ok, did she explain HOW she is trying to put the zuccini or other veggies in? She obviously can't put them into the holder lengthwise (unless she cuts it down to size). Does she have some super massively thick sized veggies that are so round that they can't fit into the holder?

I don't understand how she says no veggies fit into the holder. She DOESN'T know how to use the mandoline if she can't fit anything into it. I would offer to go over there so you can see her issue and offer suggestions to help her.

JDooley said:

For shredding, take off the food holder part. It's not needed. In fact, I prefer it w/o the food holder when I grated cheese and what-not. It's easier and a large surface area. She will need to cut the cabbage in quarters or something so that it can fit the general size of the UM in of itself.

For zucchini, she should cut them into thirds and then she can fit 2 parts of it side by side in the food holder. Have her press them directly onto the prongs and then set it in the hole of the glider part.

When I shop for veggies (onions and tomatoes) to fit the food holder, I try to pick things that are about the size of the palm of my hand. Then they fit, or I cut off a chunk to make it fit.

Sounds like your customer has already made up her mind. At this point the only two choices are for the UM to be returned or does she want to exchange it for something else? Either way, email the Solution Center and select PRODUCT REFUND/EXCHANGE. They will help you with this situation.

she is an older lady that kinda does have her mind set....Thanks!

For those that remember the Ultimate Slice & Grate, the UM is designed for less cutting of fingers therefore this may not work for her. I agree that she has made up her mind. Sometimes when people work with it more, they get more comfortable but sounds like she may have already dug her heels in.

I'm just wondering if the woman has buyers remorse... I'd work with the Solutions Center on this one just to make her happy. There is nothing worse than bumping into a customer that has had a bad experience with a product because she didn't have good customer service. I believe the Out of the Box calls can help eliminate unhappy customers - most of the time.

That is another reason I bring along my UM at shows and if I have a potential buyer, she or he gets to try it first. I bring a lot of stuff but I don't have to deal with paper work and unsatisfied customers. Consider it!!

The way I figure it, her returning it doesn't cost you anything. I'd provide a listening ear to her complaint. Acknowledge her frustration. Offer advice on some user tips. If she doesn't sound interested, then say that's the great thing about PC...if you aren't happy with it, you can return or exchange it for something else! Then she'll feel that she can be honest w/ you and appreciate your help. It's customer service. You want her to feel she can purchase from you w/ confidence. :)--the only thing though, is she's going to have to pay shipping if it's over the 30 days.

I do not blame her. I have the old one. This new one is useless as far as I am concerned. You can not shave down the entire length of a zucinni to make those neat ribbons, you have to have onions that are the size of galf balls to slice whole rings and everything else has to be cut down to a 2" or 3" lenght to fit in the holder. What the heck good is that! A knife is faster. Give her the 1-800 number and let her return it. Better that she call as well and not you as they may do something special for her about shipping it back to them where as they usually will not if we get involved. Plus it would be better for them to hear the complaint right from the customer.
Oh and I checked, I have sold almost 27 of those and I already know of at least 12 have been returned for that reason.

12 of 27!!! WOW
her sister has the old one and i guess that is what she was wanting. Do you have the 1800 number available? I cant access CC right now
Thanks!

What are the steps for handling an unhappy customer?

1. Listen to their concerns: The first step is to actively listen to the customer's complaint and try to understand their perspective.

2. Apologize: Even if you or your company did not directly cause the issue, it's important to apologize for the inconvenience or frustration the customer is experiencing.

3. Offer a solution: Once you understand the issue, work with the customer to find a solution that satisfies them. This could include a replacement product, a refund, or a discount on a future purchase.

4. Follow up: After the issue has been resolved, it's a good idea to follow up with the customer to ensure they are satisfied with the solution and to show that you value their business.

5. Learn from the experience: Take note of the complaint and use it as an opportunity to improve your products or services in the future.

What if the customer is still not satisfied after the initial resolution?

In this case, it's important to remain calm and continue to listen to the customer's concerns. Offer additional solutions or escalate the issue to a supervisor or higher management if necessary. It's important to show the customer that their satisfaction is a top priority.

How can I prevent unhappy customers in the first place?

The best way to prevent unhappy customers is to provide excellent customer service from the start. This includes being attentive, responsive, and transparent with customers. It's also important to have high-quality products and clear policies in place to avoid any misunderstandings.

What should I do if a customer leaves a negative review?

First, take the time to read and understand the review. Respond to the review in a professional and empathetic manner, addressing the customer's concerns and offering a solution. This shows that you take customer feedback seriously and are willing to work towards a resolution.

How can I turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one?

By actively listening, apologizing, and offering a satisfactory solution, you can show the customer that their satisfaction is important to you. Follow up with the customer to ensure they are happy with the resolution and continue to provide excellent customer service in the future. This can help turn an unhappy customer into a loyal one who may even recommend your company to others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • Becca_in_MD