• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Undo Update? Troubleshooting P3 Installation Error

In summary, Sandi's P3 was updated, and after the update she started having problems with the program. She uninstalled and reinstalled P3, and then restored files from past weeks, but the problem still persisted.
NooraK
Gold Member
Does anyone know if there is any way to undo an update? I downloaded a manual update the other day from CC because my P3 wasn't recognizing the extra FPV for a January catalog show. Now I keep getting errors and P3 keeps shutting down.

I re-downloaded the update, and now my computer's popping up a warning during the installation saying a file is corrupt. This lead me to believe the issue is in the update, so I tried downloading the update again, same results.

I can't call Tech Support because of the holiday. Anyone know if I can reverse this? Or, if I uninstall and download the latest version of P3 from the website, do I have to do the manual update as well?

The only way that I know of to "undo" it is to "restore a backup". If you backed up your files prior to doing the update, you should be able to revert to the last backup. Sorry girl!

Unfortunately that's for data, not the program itself :(

My P3 updated yesterday, and now I can't open the program at all! I get a message to check a log, but when I look, I don't have a file .log. I have orders to enter and wanted to make some calls. Boo-hoo-hoo! How do you update from CC? Will that fix this?

TIA,
Sandi

I believe you go to CC and pull down each menu tab (because I am not sure which one it is under) and when you see Tech Support click on that. Last I was on there, there are links on the left hand side of the page that will update. This MAY be for new programs but I am not sure. Sorry I can not be more helpful. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous!

From what I've determined, the update is the problem. There's something wrong with the file (since I downloaded it several times), which is causing the error. I've uninstalled and re-installed P3 in the past, but I don't remember if I had to run the Manual Update as well to get it to work, so I don't know if that would fix the problem. For the time being, all I can do is wait until Monday to call Tech Support.

Hooray! Hooray! HOORAY! That worked! I had to look around to find it. Its:
Home > Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > My Shows > PamperedPartner® Plus

I didn't look under 'My Shows' before, kind of a funny place to have it, I think. Be sure to click on the update after you download it to get it to fix everything.

Off to make calls . . . . ;-)
Sandi

Sandi - did you actually download and apply the update? I know where to find it, but if the problem is in the update that doesn't fix anything.***Update***
So, I've uninstalled and reinstalled P3, and I'm still getting the same error :(

Last edited:
I started having issues with P3 immediately after the update also - I uninstalled, reinstalled and then restored my files. Originally I restored a file from today (after update), but still had the same errors. I then restored a file from last week ... no more problems.

1. What is "Undo Update" and why do I need it?

"Undo Update" is a feature in the Pampered Chef P3 installation process that allows you to revert back to a previous version of the software. This can be helpful if you encounter errors or issues after updating the software.

2. How do I access the "Undo Update" feature?

To access the "Undo Update" feature, go to the P3 installation folder on your computer and look for a folder labeled "Undo Update." Inside this folder, you will find a file named "Undo Update.exe." Double click on this file to run the feature.

3. I am getting an error message when trying to use the "Undo Update" feature. What should I do?

If you are receiving an error message when trying to use the "Undo Update" feature, try restarting your computer and then attempting to use the feature again. If the issue persists, contact Pampered Chef customer support for further assistance.

4. Will using the "Undo Update" feature delete any of my data?

No, using the "Undo Update" feature will not delete any of your data. However, it is always recommended to back up any important data before making any changes to your software.

5. Can I use the "Undo Update" feature multiple times?

Yes, you can use the "Undo Update" feature multiple times to revert back to different versions of the software. However, it is recommended to only use this feature if you encounter errors or issues with the updated version of the software.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
D'scookins307
  • melleemak