• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Cook Uncle Ben's in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, if you are cooking brown rice, follow the directions on the rice package and cook on high for 10 minutes, then 50% for 15 minutes. If you are cooking white rice, use the 2-1 ratio and cook on high for 10 minutes, then continue with the instructions on the package.
winklermom
Can anyone tell me how to cook Uncle Ben's in the Rice cooker? I've got the kind that it says to cook on the stovetop for 25 minutes or in the microwave it would be 5 minutes on high, then 15-20 minutes on medium. I'm not sure if there is a difference in using the rice cooker or not. Any suggestions are appreciated.

If it's just long-cooking rice, then we just do ratio 1:2 (rice:water) and cook on high for 15 mintues. We used to do the 5 then 15...but it works every time doing just 15 minutes straight up. (time might depend on your microwave)

Thanks so much! I appreciate the prompt reply.

Does anyone know about plain brown rice? I threw the pkg away and have it in a pretty jar. I usually do 1C of rice and 2 1/4C of water on the stove for about 50 min, but wanted to try the Rice Cooker.

I use the same ratio in the rice cooker that I do on the stovetop. I would start there with the brown rice too.

Thanks.

How long would you cook it for?

I used my rice cooker for the first time yesterday with brown rice (regular), but did not cooked all the way. Does anyone done this before? How long do you cook it for and do you use the lid?
Rice cooker directions said to follow rice package directions and there it says to cook covered for 10 minutes and then uncovered and cook for 20 minutes. I did this and did not worked.

Any tips?

Thanks,

ilovpc said:
I used my rice cooker for the first time yesterday with brown rice (regular), but did not cooked all the way. Does anyone done this before? How long do you cook it for and do you use the lid?
Rice cooker directions said to follow rice package directions and there it says to cook covered for 10 minutes and then uncovered and cook for 20 minutes. I did this and did not worked.

Any tips?

Thanks,

I have never taken the lid off the rice cooker! Brown rice always takes longer, and needs more water than the 2-1 ratio used for white rice. But, it does work. I would do 1 cup rice to 2 1/4 cups water, cook on high 10 minutes then 50% for 15. Should come out fiine.

I was placed on the brown diet by my doctor, I cooked brown rice in my rice cooker 3 waters to 1 rice. works out great

You can also do one box of Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice in the Ceramic Pasta Dish. It just fits. I used the microwave directions from the back of the box and put the silicone lid/colander on the top. Nothing boiled over and the rice was perfect.

1. How do I cook Uncle Ben's rice in a rice cooker?

To cook Uncle Ben's rice in a rice cooker, simply measure out the desired amount of rice and water according to the rice cooker's instructions. Then, add in any desired seasonings or ingredients, close the lid, and turn on the rice cooker. The rice cooker will automatically adjust the cooking time and temperature to ensure perfectly cooked rice every time.

2. Can I use a rice cooker to make multiple servings of Uncle Ben's rice?

Yes, rice cookers are great for making multiple servings of rice. Simply adjust the rice and water measurements accordingly and use the appropriate setting on your rice cooker. Just be sure not to overfill the rice cooker, as the rice will expand as it cooks.

3. Do I need to rinse Uncle Ben's rice before cooking it in a rice cooker?

No, Uncle Ben's rice does not need to be rinsed before cooking it in a rice cooker. The rice is pre-washed and ready to cook right out of the package.

4. Can I use a rice cooker to make other dishes with Uncle Ben's rice?

Yes, rice cookers can also be used to make other dishes with Uncle Ben's rice, such as rice pilaf or risotto. You can find recipes and instructions for these dishes on the Uncle Ben's website or in their cookbooks.

5. How do I clean my rice cooker after cooking Uncle Ben's rice?

Cleaning your rice cooker is easy and simple. Once the rice cooker has cooled down, remove the inner cooking pot and wash it with warm soapy water. You can also wipe down the exterior of the rice cooker with a damp cloth. Be sure to dry all parts thoroughly before storing the rice cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cakepampered
Replies
Views
chefdoreen
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe