• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Umm... Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?!

But this time I tried using a mixture of butter and shortening, and it came out much better. It's not as rich, but I think it's more forgiving. :)
KateInTheKitchen
Gold Member
Sooo... did I mess up promising a turtle fudge skillet cake for a party tonight? I saw "family skillet" and thought "I have that!" but now I'm thinking... should it be done in nonstick? I have stainless steel.

I had planned to test this over the weekend, but was so sick I couldn't. My husband just went out to pick up a cake mix so I can give it a try this afternoon, but oh god – I have a feeling it'll never come out of that pan!

KateInTheKitchen said:
Sooo... did I mess up promising a turtle fudge skillet cake for a party tonight? I saw "family skillet" and thought "I have that!" but now I'm thinking... should it be done in nonstick? I have stainless steel.

I had planned to test this over the weekend, but was so sick I couldn't. My husband just went out to pick up a cake mix so I can give it a try this afternoon, but oh god – I have a feeling it'll never come out of that pan!

Here is a link to the recipe from PamperedChef.com. It does say the Stainless.
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I have always made my skillet cakes in the non-stick Executive, so I don't know how well this turns out. I think the key is the grease & flour part. Good luck!

If you do stainless, make sure to grease it up pretty good! You might also want to take something nylon and loosen up the sides before you dump it out also.

Ahh! Thank you. :) I've got it in the oven now, so here's hoping! I did the butter, not the shortening/flour. If it doesn't work so well I'll flour it for tonight.

KateInTheKitchen said:
Ahh! Thank you. :) I've got it in the oven now, so here's hoping! I did the butter, not the shortening/flour. If it doesn't work so well I'll flour it for tonight.

If you decide to do the shortening instead of butter, use cocoa powder instead of flour, since with this cake, the entire cake doesn't get frosted.

You could always line the pan with parchment paper. Then you can be sure it will come out.

It worked beautifully! And it's REALLY good. :)

The first time I made this cake I did it in the S/S 12" skillet. I just used a lot of butter and it came out perfectly.

1. How do I make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

To make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need a Pampered Chef Skillet, a fudge cake mix, eggs, oil, water, caramels, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. Follow the instructions on the fudge cake mix box and pour the batter into the Skillet. Then, sprinkle the chopped pecans and chocolate chips on top. Melt the caramels in the microwave and drizzle over the cake. Bake in the oven according to the cake mix instructions. Enjoy!

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a fudge or chocolate cake mix to enhance the fudgy and chocolaty flavors of the cake.

3. How do I clean the Skillet after making the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

The Pampered Chef Skillet is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher after use. If you prefer to hand wash, make sure to use a non-abrasive sponge and mild dish soap to avoid scratching the non-stick surface of the Skillet.

4. Can I use a different type of nut for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of nut for this recipe. Some popular alternatives to pecans include walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you have any allergies or preferences.

5. How can I make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake without using caramels?

If you don't have caramels on hand, you can make your own caramel sauce by combining 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, and 1/4 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens. Then, drizzle the homemade caramel sauce over the cake before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies