• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle Last-Minute Orders for Long-Distance Catalog Shows

P
Pampered Laura
Just submitted a catalog show (long distance) with about 10 mins to spare to midnight. Of course, at 12:02am, I get an order for this lady's show!
AAACK! :eek:
Should I eat the Direct Shipping cost, or risk losing the order when I ask her to pay the additional charges?

Normally, if it were a local show, I'd tack it on to someone elses show - but this is in CA, and I'm in TX. LOL
WWYD?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sticky!!
Pampered Laura said:
Just submitted a catalog show (long distance) with about 10 mins to spare to midnight. Of course, at 12:02am, I get an order for this lady's show!
AAACK! :eek:
Should I eat the Direct Shipping cost, or risk losing the order when I ask her to pay the additional charges?

Normally, if it were a local show, I'd tack it on to someone elses show - but this is in CA, and I'm in TX. LOL
WWYD?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

How much did you emphasize the closing date of the hosts show?? Depending on that I may suggest to the guest you could place it as an individual order or add it to the next show you do. Is this guest ordering to help her friend out or does she really need the items (some people are like that!), if you let her know it will not go towards her friends show she may just wait until 'the next person she knows has a party'. So I would say you have a 50/50 chance. If she does place the order (individual) still have her pay the $4.00 S&H and you cover the rest ($2.00 - $10.00) this maybe your comission for this order, but she may become a customer for life???

Let us know what happens,
Leea

How did she place an order? Was the show still open on your website or did she email you? I generally make it a habit for shows to close on my website a day or two before I am really going to close them.

In this case, I'd probably eat the direct shipping.

Yup, the show was still open on my website, dangit. LOL Oh well! It's my hosts godmother. The show is already submitted, so it won't count on my hosts show total (and wouldn't have made a difference on her show's level, either).
It's a $40 order... I'll just have it direct shipped to her I think, and eat the cost.

1. How can I handle last-minute orders for long-distance catalog shows?

In this situation, it's important to communicate with the customer right away and let them know about the potential additional charges for direct shipping. It's also a good idea to offer alternative options, such as combining the order with another show or offering a discount for direct shipping.

2. Should I eat the direct shipping cost for the last-minute order?

This decision ultimately depends on the company's policies and your own budget. If you can afford to absorb the shipping cost, it may be a good gesture to retain the customer's satisfaction. However, it's important to consider the potential impact on your profits and whether or not it sets a precedent for future orders.

3. What if the customer refuses to pay the additional charges?

If the customer is not willing to pay for the direct shipping, you can offer alternative options such as combining the order with another show or offering a discount for direct shipping. If the customer is still not satisfied, you may need to make the decision to either cancel the order or absorb the shipping cost.

4. Can I tack on the last-minute order to someone else's show in the same area?

Unfortunately, since the catalog show is long-distance and you are in a different state, it may not be feasible to tack on the order to someone else's show. It's best to communicate with the customer and offer alternative options for direct shipping or combine the order with another show.

5. What is the best way to handle last-minute orders for long-distance catalog shows?

The best way to handle these situations is to stay organized and communicate effectively with the customer. Make sure to have clear policies in place for last-minute orders and consider offering alternative options to accommodate the customer's needs while also maintaining your profits. It's also important to keep in mind that not all last-minute orders can be accommodated, so managing expectations and offering solutions is key.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • babywings76