• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grating Cheese Made Easy with Ultimate Slice & Grate - Tips and Tricks

ever...to grate a hard cheese like Parmesan or Pecorino with a stand-up style grater. Yes, it is definitely safer to use the USG for grating cheese. I would never try to grate a hard cheese with a stand-up style grater. I would also not try to grate a tough vegetable like a pepper whole without using the food guard. I would use the food guard for the other blades, but only when I get down to the smaller pieces.
Stephanie S
Is it possible to grate cheese with the ultimate slice & grate? One of my guests asked me how, she has one and is having a difficult time getting the cheese to stick into the spikes..... Any ideas?

Is she making the pieces small enought to fit into the holder. It would should work better with a retangle wedge that would stick into the holder. I do a lot of veggies in there and use the cheese grater for all my cheeses. Hope this helps. :)

Stephanie S said:
Is it possible to grate cheese with the ultimate slice & grate? One of my guests asked me how, she has one and is having a difficult time getting the cheese to stick into the spikes..... Any ideas?
Yes, you can grate cheese with the grater insert of the US&G...the one with the holes in it. I, too, would make sure she has the chunks of cheese small enough to fit into the food holder. Also, when you slice or grate anything and you use the food holder (like you should!), you want to hold the base of it when you slide it back and forth. You don't want to push down too much on the "handle" part because that ends up pushing the little spikes out too much, then it doesn't hold the food in. I hope that makes sense! It's hard to just describe it instead of showing it.

I tried the US&G to do the cheese today to go to a party. The small chucks worked, but I found it too slow. I used the cheese grater and got it done in less the time.
:)

I like the deluxe cheese grater for grating cheese alot better than the S&G. I thought it was a lot easier and faster as well.

Product Enhancement IdeaMy family absolutely loves the Lemon Chicken Stir-fry. I also make it a lot at shows. I used to use the Crinkle Cutter for the veggies and do most of it in advance because it's time consuming. Now, I only do the carrot with the Crinkle Cutter and do the zuchinni and squash with the US&G. It is SOOO much faster. (At home, I do all the veggies w/ the US&G).

I agree that the cheese grater insert for the US&G is not that convenient and certainly not quick compared to the cheese grater itself. Wouldn't it be SUPER-DUPER if home office would create an additional insert to purchase that would crinkle cut, like the crinkle cutter. I'd toss away my grater piece and never put my US&G up in the cabinet!

rwesterpchef said:
Wouldn't it be SUPER-DUPER if home office would create an additional insert to purchase that would crinkle cut, like the crinkle cutter. I'd toss away my grater piece and never put my US&G up in the cabinet!

You should send that suggestion to the home office. That is a TERRIFIC idea! I LOVE IT!

Love the Crinkle Cut suggestion for the US&G! PLEASE let home office know!

Back to grating cheese, I tell my guests that the only time I don't use the food holder is when I'm grating cheese. I show them that running my fingers down the grater blade will not hurt my fingers. I then take the entire block of cheese and grate it without making smaller chunks. Once I get to the last little bit of the block, then I can show how to use the food holder (or finger guard, as I call it) for the last bit. This is the ONLY time I don't use the "finger guard", and I stress this to every guest.

Rebecca Bilyeu
Future Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefbilyeu

(P.S. I was at conference, and the consultant doing the show sliced a pepper whole without the guard...I couldn't even watch!)

USG for CheeseI LOVE my USG for grating cheese. In fact, when I do my food prep before a show, I always use the USG to shred the cheese as I find it much faster. I do not use the guard (which I know is a big no no) - I just try to be very careful when I get to the end of the cheese. I will use the guard for the other blades, but only when I get down to the smaller pieces. This is one of my FAVOURITE tools. :)

At National conference "Kitchen Show Live" workshop, the consultant showed the US&G and specifically made it a point to show how you won't cut your knuckles on the grater the way you will with the stand-up style graters that you have to move around the plate to grate your cheese. She also shared that you would NOT try that with any of the other blades. I also liked how she mentioned that "people will think that your so fancy with the jullienne cuts, but you're really just lazy".

In the "Want a Show with Wow" workshop (which I was very disappointed in by the way), they called the Chopper and US&G, the "Dynamic Duo". Thought that was cute.

I still think the Deluxe Grater is better for cheese and the Crinkle blade is the way to go. FYI Ginger: I had emailed HO as a suggestion, I typed it into the computer they had available at the home office, and I wrote it on the butcher paper in the New Products showcase room at conference.

ConfrenceThere is so many post on here about how wonderful the confrence is. I just be came a PC consultant in June so I was unable to be there this year but I will have to go in 06. I am so excited. I really wish they had one every 6mths.

Neat ideasI too use the Deluxe Cheese Grater for cheese and I use the grater on the USG for stuff like cabbage for coleslaw. But I would also like to thank you all that have used it for cheese. I am slightly afraid of my USG. (I have this habbit of finding my fingers in the wrong places with ANY sharp object.) I did not think about it to much but I can definitly see not using the holder. Our partents and their parents did not use a "holder" on the old box style graters and lived to tell about it so why not with ours? The crinkle cutter feature is a FANTASTIC idea!!! I love waffle style frys and I can not do it with the Crinkle Cutter because you can not get a perfect enough cut to get the little holes in the potatoes! I sure hope they think about it!! That would be fun not to mention a heck of a lot faster!

1. How do I assemble the Ultimate Slice & Grate for grating cheese?

To assemble the Ultimate Slice & Grate, first insert the grate attachment into the main body and twist it clockwise to secure it in place. Then, attach the handle to the main body by lining up the arrows and twisting it clockwise until it clicks into place. Finally, insert the food holder into the top of the main body, making sure it is securely attached. Your Ultimate Slice & Grate is now ready to use!

2. What types of cheese can I grate with the Ultimate Slice & Grate?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate is suitable for grating a variety of hard and soft cheeses such as cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, and more. However, we do not recommend using it for grating soft, crumbly cheeses like feta or blue cheese.

3. How do I clean the Ultimate Slice & Grate after grating cheese?

To clean the Ultimate Slice & Grate, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. Make sure to remove any cheese residue from the grate attachment using a brush or sponge. The main body and handle are also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. How do I achieve different grating sizes with the Ultimate Slice & Grate?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate comes with two interchangeable graters, one with larger holes and one with smaller holes. To achieve a finer grate, use the grater with the smaller holes. For a coarser grate, use the grater with the larger holes.

5. Can I use the Ultimate Slice & Grate for grating other foods besides cheese?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate can also be used for grating vegetables, fruits, and even chocolate. However, we recommend using a separate grater for sweet and savory foods to avoid cross-contamination of flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Bren706