• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master the Art of Slicing & Grating with Ultimate Tools

In summary, the conversation revolves around using the Ultimate Slice 'N Grate tool and how to properly slice vegetables with it. Some suggestions include using the V-shaped blade for tomatoes and starting off with a hand slice before using the food holder. It is also important to be careful and use the food holder to avoid any accidents.
kalm
Is it just me?? I tried doing a tomato (small plum size) and a vidalia onion...did just ok with the onion, but couldn't figure out how to use the food holder with it..and couldn't slice the tomato at all..Definitely couldn't get it to work with the food holder...I even used the "Hold N Slice".

Does anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

What blade were you using? The V shaped blade works best for tomatoes. I like to start off with just holding the tomato in my hand and then when it's about half done, I use the food holder.Hope this helps.
kalm said:
Is it just me?? I tried doing a tomato (small plum size) and a vidalia onion...did just ok with the onion, but couldn't figure out how to use the food holder with it..and couldn't slice the tomato at all..Definitely couldn't get it to work with the food holder...I even used the "Hold N Slice".

Does anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Thanks!! I tried the V blade and couldn't get the tomato to really slide down, it just kind of got stuck..if that makes any sense...do you think it was because it was a small tomato..I thought that would be best and it was firm? :confused:

For tough skinned items, use the V blade. I find that I have to start the tomato by hand with one good sweep before I put it in the holder. Once I get it going, it slides. It does have to be firm. If it is too ripe, you just make a mess.

I love to let my guests use the US&G for exactally this reason. I find that when customers are having the trouble that you are that they are not letting the tool do the work, they are trying to do it for it.

When sliding anything down, you are probably pushing down on it too hard. This makes everything kind of stick and not slide smoothly.

Try loosening your grip. You should just be steadying the veggies with out putting downward pressure on it. You should be able to just hold the veggie at the top with your fingertips and let it slide. It does not need pressure. Just guidance.

As far as the food holder: Set your veggie on the counter top and center the fold holder on top. Then press down lightly on the sides that stick out, not on the top. The same when slicing with it. Hold the sides with your finger tips.

Try these tips and let us know if they work for you. Once you get the hang of it you will LOVE it. I think that people just can't imagine that it could be that easy.

Here is something I have on selling the Ultimate Slice 'N Grate.

Attachments

• Ultimate Slice N Grate.doc
    30 KB · Views: 826
Ultimate S & GThank you everyone..you are all such a great help!!

I used the V Blade last night...and just HELD the tomato...it worked perfect!!!! And they were incredible slices that I could never have done by hand...even with the hold n slice!!!

Thank you again ;)

Be very careful holding the vegetable when you use the slice and grate. Every one of the blades are extremely sharp. I have cut myself 2 or 3 times just carrying it and I know of a lot of people who have cut themselves using it. Practice using the holder when you slice.

Shawnna

A consultant used the slicer and didnt use the PROTECTIVE holder and almost sliced her finger right off. A trip to the ER for 6 stitches taught her to ALWAYS use the PC products by the book especially if demonstrating them to customers. :confused:

PamperedGinger said:
Here is something I have on selling the Ultimate Slice 'N Grate.

Hi Ginger.

Do you have anymore of these type documents. This one is great!

TIA,
Jenn

1. What is the Ultimate Slice & Grate and how does it work?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to slice and grate a variety of fruits and vegetables with ease. It features two different blades - one for slicing and one for grating - that can be interchanged depending on your needs. Simply place the desired fruit or vegetable in the designated area and push down on the handle to effortlessly slice or grate it.

2. Is the Ultimate Slice & Grate dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate is completely dishwasher safe. The blades can be removed for easy cleaning and the entire unit can be placed on the top rack of your dishwasher for thorough cleaning.

3. Can the Ultimate Slice & Grate be used for all types of fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the Ultimate Slice & Grate can be used for a wide range of fruits and vegetables, including but not limited to carrots, cucumbers, apples, zucchini, and potatoes. It is not recommended for use with extremely hard or frozen fruits and vegetables.

4. Is the Ultimate Slice & Grate safe to use?

Absolutely. The Ultimate Slice & Grate is designed with safety in mind. The blades are sharp, but they are enclosed in a protective housing to prevent any accidents. The handle also has a non-slip grip for added stability while slicing and grating.

5. Can the Ultimate Slice & Grate be used for other kitchen tasks?

While the Ultimate Slice & Grate is primarily designed for slicing and grating fruits and vegetables, it can also be used for other kitchen tasks such as shredding cheese or grating chocolate. However, it is not suitable for heavy-duty tasks such as crushing ice or grinding nuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies