• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Fix Sticky Gripper Feet on My Ultimate Slice and Grate?

In summary, the conversation is about a USG product that one of the participants loves and sells 3 to 4 at every show. They discuss a problem with one of the gripper feet leaving a gray mark on cutting boards and offer solutions for cleaning it. The participant also shares their success in selling the product and gives tips on how to promote it. They also share a recipe for mandarin pasta salad that utilizes the USG for slicing ingredients and discuss using the product for grilling shows.
gilliandanielle
I absolutly love this product, and I sell 3 to 4 at every show. One of my little gray gripper feet got really sticky and now every time I push it against a cutting board it leaves a little gray mark that won't wash out. All my boards that I take to my shows have the "mark" of my USG. Is there any way to fix it, do they sell replacement feet, and how did it happen to begin with??

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

I'm not sure about how to clean that other than in the dishwasher. My questions is, HOW do you sell so many of these! They are always on people's wish list, but most of the time are too pricey!

I usually make the madarin pasta salad, which uses the USG. When I slice the cucumber so quickly and then slice the onion people are amazed. I usually tell a story that one of my guests told me about it. She said "I have always wanted one, but it was too expensive so I bought a regular mandolin (sp?) that was cheaper. It broke so I bought another kind. Then I bought a cheese grater. Now I realize that I have spent almost twice what the USG cost!! So I am throwing it all away and getting the right tool for the job."

Also, I get people to visualize what they would use it for. I suggest that when you're making hamburgers it is SO EASY to slice perfect onions and tomatoes that are Martha Stewart perfect. I also show them how it catches on bowl lips to slice or grate over a bowl, and how you can grate cheese at the angle that is right for you! I think I sell so many because I LOVE mine and I use it every day.

You can get the gripper feet on Replacement order. Mine came with two extra feet... do they still??

Take your cutting board and lay it flat either in your sink(smaller ones) or across your sink(Lg. Grooved) and I just poor straight bleach on it and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes, then rinse and clean like usual... it makes mine nice and white! If that doesn't work, try the electric sander... that is what they say in Prod. Use and Care to take out the scratches... so it will take off the gray marks.

They do sell the gripper feet on replacement order . Mine came with two extra feet, does it still?

For the marks, lay the cutting board flat in the sink(for smaller ones) or across the sink(Lg.Grooved) and I poor straight bleach on it, and let it sit for 4-5 minutes, then rinse and clean it like usual. This makes mine nice and white, and should take the gray marks off too. If that doesn't work, try the electric sander like they suggest in the Use and Care for taking the scratches out.

Great job selling so many all the time! Keep it up!

Thanks for the tips! I will try this with my cutting boards and check into getting new feet.

Where did you find the mandarin pasta salad recipe? Could you share that? It sounds good!

Thanks!

Doesn't the new Ribbon Salad in teh SB...use the USG as well? I have to look as I too need a great ideal recipe for this tool. I love mine but just can't seem to demo it the way that sells it. I tried the potatoe thing but... And I have told the Cucumber Salad story my mom told me about when she got her USG. What took 20 to 30 minutes prior now takes all of about ten minutes and she can make twice as much in that time!
Maybe I should just make cucumber salad at all my shows!!!???

pamperedtiffani said:
Where did you find the mandarin pasta salad recipe? Could you share that? It sounds good!

Thanks!

here you go!
Colleen:)

Attachments

• cel04_mandarin_pasta_recipe.pdf
    314.4 KB · Views: 367
Thanks so much!!!

My USG sales are 1 or more a show on average. I think this recipe could increase that. Thanks!

Gillian - how many of the ingredients in the Mandarin Salad do you slice on the USG? Do you slice the onion and then cut the slices in half with a knife? Just wondering if you could type up your demo for us!

I plan on really doing alot of salads this summer and this would be awesome. I am doing a grilling show with chicken breasts and our rubs and had not thought of using the USG! :)

gilliandanielle said:
I absolutly love this product, and I sell 3 to 4 at every show. One of my little gray gripper feet got really sticky and now every time I push it against a cutting board it leaves a little gray mark that won't wash out. All my boards that I take to my shows have the "mark" of my USG. Is there any way to fix it, do they sell replacement feet, and how did it happen to begin with??

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Call them! They replaced my customer's grey feet free of charge. She lost one and it was within warrenty.

Thanks everyone for the input! Susan, I will call and see if they will send me free feet. It is pretty old, but I can always try I guess.

As for the demo, I changed the recipe a little bit to fit my taste and budget, but for my shows I make the noodles ahead of time. The recipe says bow-tie pasta, but I use the tri-colored curly pasta. I cook the pasta and toss it in the dressing. Then I cut the red pepper in half and scrape the seeds out. Then I cut the halves in half and use those on the USG. Then I cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and use it on the USG. Then I do the onion slices on the USG and just chop them up a little with the utility knife and toss them in. I do all of this while I talk about how easy it is to use and clean. When people realize that I am already done they are amazed. I also talk about how easy it is to make scalloped potatoes and cut potatoes into slices so they cook faster for mashing. Good luck!

Have you used the juilienne blade to cut the onions? since they are already naturally sliced by God.... using the julienne blade make quick dices.

I did try this at one show, but they came out too small. For the coloring of the salad I like to have bigger chunks so when I slice them with the V-blade I cut the slices in third or quarters. The julienne blade works best for onions when I want them smaller for tacos or nachos though! I also use the julienne blade for onions before I chop them tiny for hiding in food! Thanks for the tip!

What a great thread, you guys... thanks!

I have hated my USG from the moment it came out of the package. I haven't been able to use it comfortably. I haven't mastered the food holder or any of the blades. It is GREAT to hear your uses for it.

I am going to have to try to get more comfortable with mine so I can sell some! LOL.

Love,
Rachel

Me too!I also had a hard time adjusting to the food holder. At first I was holding onto the part at the top that kind of wobbles when you hold it. Then I realized that you have to hold the base of the holder and use a finger to press down lightly on the top as the piece of food gets smaller. I hope that makes sense! :) Good luck! I now LOVE my US&G!

The key is DON'T PRESS DOWN. You are really just guiding the food, not forcing it.

Once I learned this from a consultant with over $1 million in career sales, I have come to love my US&G.

I've love the slice and grate but i have trouble using guard do youhave any tips on keeping the tomatoes etc on the guard?

ok, Thanks for the tips I will give it a try.

The only thing I've found that the food holder doesn't hold well is CHEESE!!!!! It AGGRAVATES the mess out of me...any tips for getting it to hold the cheese? TIA
Sherrie

cheese is the only thing I don't use the food holder for.
the grater blade won't slice my finger off!

I never use the guard for cheese either! When I am not as shows I slice whatever without it until I get close to the blade, then I use the holder to finish the last 5 or 6 slices. If you do a cucumber you'll look like and itiot using the food holder at the beginning! It will fall off the first slice! As for tomatoes, put them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before you slice them and they will harden up a little. Don't leave them in there longer than that or they will get mealy and have the opposite affect. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have any luck with tomatoes on the julienne blade. I just slice them with the v-slice blade then chop them with a knife.

What is the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" and what can it do?

The "Ultimate Slice and Grate" is a versatile kitchen tool that can slice, grate, and julienne fruits and vegetables easily and efficiently. It comes with interchangeable blades for different slicing and grating options, making it perfect for meal prep and cooking.

Is the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the blades for longer-lasting sharpness.

Can the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" be used for harder vegetables like carrots and potatoes?

Absolutely! The "Ultimate Slice and Grate" is designed with ultra-sharp blades that can easily slice through even the toughest vegetables. Just make sure to use the appropriate blade for the desired thickness.

Does the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" come with a safety guard?

Yes, the "Ultimate Slice and Grate" comes with a safety guard that helps protect your fingers while using the tool. We always recommend using the safety guard and exercising caution while handling sharp blades.

What is the warranty on the "Ultimate Slice and Grate"?

The "Ultimate Slice and Grate" comes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can purchase with confidence knowing that your tool is covered for any manufacturing defects. Please refer to the warranty information included with your purchase for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies