• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning a Mandoline After Many Uses: A Lesson Learned

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use and care of the mandoline product from Pampered Chef. The speakers discussed how the online course helped them understand the importance of taking the handle apart to clean it properly. They also shared their personal experiences with using the product and how they clean it. One speaker mentioned a diagram in the product information guide, and another was surprised by the grossness when they finally took the food holder apart to clean it. They also discussed the ease of cleaning with the dishwasher and the importance of regularly cleaning the product after each use. The conversation ended with one speaker admitting they should have read the use and care guide more thoroughly. Overall, the speakers agreed that the Pampered Chef products are easy to clean and maintain
mom4angela
I have been "challenged" by the mandoline, and finally looked at the product online course on CC. It helped alot, BUT I also learned that you need to take the handle apart to clean it. I had used it in SEVERAL shows, and when I DID take it apart... ewwww! Was it GROSS! Sure glad it can go in my dishwasher!

Yep. I learned that you really have to take it apart to clean it well. I love it, but I don't like doing all that.

I really don't think that it's that hard to take apart and put together. I love that it comes apart, that way you know that you're getting it cleaned, I just take it all apart and put it in my basket on the top rack dishwasher. Even my 7 year old can put it back together when she's taking care of dishes... When I'm demo'ing it at a show I always show how all of the pieces come apart and together just like I do the Food Chopper and Rotary Grater.

I use my mandoline all the time, and now I'm afraid there's something I'm missing. What exactly are we taking apart to clean?

The food holder... Here is the info from the PIG.... To clean the food holder, disassemble it into three pieces. Turn the unit over and place a finger or
your thumb on the center of the textured plate while grasping the food holder in the same hand.
Using the other hand, turn the knob until it unscrews from the food holder. Then turn the food holder
over and the textured plate will drop out. The entire unit can be cleaned and placed in the dishwasher.
To re-assemble, thread the textured plate onto the prongs of the food holder and screw the knob onto
the stem of the textured plate until secure. Don’t over tighten as this could cause it to crack.
There is a small diagram but I couldn't copy and paste it for some reason... here is the link: https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/product_info_guide/1087_ultimatemandoline.pdf

oh, I've never done that...I'll have to do it this weekend, I'm afraid to see it :(

JennLizFran said:
oh, I've never done that...I'll have to do it this weekend, I'm afraid to see it :(

Yeah, might be a little gross the first time, but after that, just get in the habit of cleaning after every use and it'll never get gross again! It's really not hard at all...

Thanks for the tip! I never would've thought of taking the food holder apart, but it makes sense. (Guess I should've read the whole use & care guide, haha)
I usually just look to see if it is dish-washer safe or not!
I love how easy to clean my PC products are!

I just took mine apart and it was clean, and I have never unscrewed that part before. Maybe the dishwasher took care of it.
Deb

LOL - I never knew you could take apart the handle until one of my guests showed me - DUH!! I guess I should watch the video and/or read my use and care guides, huh?! ;)

1. How do I clean a mandoline after using it multiple times?

To clean a mandoline after multiple uses, start by disassembling it according to the manufacturer's instructions. Then, use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to gently scrub away any food particles or residue. Next, wash all the parts in warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Finally, dry the parts completely before reassembling the mandoline.

2. Can I put my mandoline in the dishwasher?

This depends on the type of mandoline you have. Some models are dishwasher safe, while others are not. It is always best to consult the manufacturer's instructions before putting your mandoline in the dishwasher. If it is not dishwasher safe, follow the steps mentioned above to hand wash it.

3. How do I remove stubborn stains or residue on my mandoline?

If your mandoline has stubborn stains or residue, you can try soaking the parts in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing them with a brush. For tougher stains, you can also use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Make sure to rinse and dry the parts thoroughly after cleaning.

4. Is it necessary to clean my mandoline after every use?

Yes, it is important to clean your mandoline after every use to prevent food particles and bacteria from building up. This will not only keep your mandoline in good condition but also ensure that your food is safe to eat.

5. How do I store my mandoline after cleaning?

After cleaning your mandoline, make sure to dry it completely before storing it. It is best to store the mandoline in its original box or a protective case to avoid any damage. If you do not have the original box, you can use a clean kitchen towel to wrap the mandoline and store it in a safe place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Products and Tips
Replies