• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, is it Man'-doe-lin or Man'-doe-line? What do you think?

In summary, the "Ultimate Mandoline" is a versatile kitchen tool that can slice, julienne, and waffle cut fruits and vegetables. It has adjustable thickness settings and a safety holder for added convenience and safety. The product is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity. It is not suitable for cutting meat. To adjust the thickness of the slices, simply turn the knob on the side of the mandoline. The product is designed with safety in mind, featuring a safety holder and non-slip feet.
Dotty
Gold Member
Here is the ultimate question on the ultimate Mandoline:

What is the correct pronunciation of the word Mandoline?

I've heard it several ways.

Man'-doe-lin (short i)

Man'-doe-line (long i)

Man'-doe-leen (long e)

I'm sure there are other pronunciations, please share any funny ones you have heard!

I say the short i

Man-doe-lin

I think I say it Man-duh-lin. Hmmm....now I don't even remember!

Short i. Although in other parts of the world it may have the long i. Just like the name Madoline has a short i here but in Europe it is pronounced with a long i.

I've always heard it pronounced with the short i.

I've heard it pronounced "that thingy that can take my finger tips off"

I looked it up on an online dictionary that had the pronunciation wav file. It pronounces it with the short "i"

That is the pronunciation that sounds best to me.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have heard this question come up a lot. The correct pronunciation of the word Mandoline is actually "Man'-doe-leen" with a long e sound. However, I have also heard it pronounced as "Man'-doe-line" with a long i sound. I think it's just one of those words that can be said different ways depending on where you're from. I haven't heard any funny pronunciations yet, but I'll definitely keep my ears open for them now! Thanks for asking this ultimate question about the ultimate Mandoline. Happy cooking!

What is the "Ultimate Mandoline"?

The "Ultimate Mandoline" is a multi-functional kitchen tool that is designed to slice, julienne, and waffle cut fruits and vegetables with ease. It also features adjustable thickness settings and a safety holder for added convenience and safety.

Is the "Ultimate Mandoline" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Ultimate Mandoline" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for optimal longevity of the product.

Can I use the "Ultimate Mandoline" to cut meat?

No, the "Ultimate Mandoline" is not designed to cut through meat. It is intended for slicing and cutting fruits and vegetables only.

How do I adjust the thickness of the slices?

To adjust the thickness of the slices, simply turn the knob on the side of the mandoline to your desired setting. The numbers on the knob indicate the thickness in millimeters.

Is the "Ultimate Mandoline" safe to use?

Yes, the "Ultimate Mandoline" is designed with safety in mind. It features a safety holder to protect your fingers while slicing, as well as non-slip feet to keep the mandoline in place while in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • MaryLou
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46