• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mandolin Holder Modification: Oval or Round Opening?

In summary, a mandolin holder modification is an accessory that securely holds a mandolin in place while in use, preventing it from slipping or sliding on the countertop. The oval and round openings refer to the shape of the base of the mandolin and it is important to choose the correct opening for the best fit. The mandolin holder modification is adjustable and can fit different sizes of mandolins, and it is dishwasher safe but it is recommended to hand wash and dry it thoroughly. While it may fit other kitchen tools, it is specifically designed for use with mandolins and not recommended for other tools.
kam
Staff member
I have the Mandolin from 2007 - and the holder has an oval opening. I am thinking I vaguely remember that the design was changed to make the opening round?If so, would that be what is on the replacements part list? And I assume it fits on the Mandolin that had been out previously.Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, the round holder is a replacement part for the UM and yes, it fits on the original oval UM

Thanks Jane!It was something I never got around to replacing...and it had been so long I couldn't remember the specifics!

What is a mandolin holder modification?

A mandolin holder modification is an accessory for a mandolin, a kitchen tool used for slicing and shredding vegetables and fruits. It is designed to securely hold the mandolin in place while in use, preventing it from slipping or sliding on the countertop.

What is the difference between an oval and round opening for a mandolin holder modification?

The oval and round openings refer to the shape of the base of the mandolin. The oval opening is designed for oval-shaped mandolins, while the round opening is for round-shaped mandolins. It is important to choose the correct opening to ensure a secure fit and stable use of the mandolin holder modification.

Can the mandolin holder modification fit different sizes of mandolins?

Yes, the mandolin holder modification is adjustable and can fit a variety of mandolin sizes. However, it is important to choose the correct opening shape (oval or round) for the best fit.

Is the mandolin holder modification dishwasher safe?

Yes, the mandolin holder modification is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash and dry it thoroughly to prolong its lifespan.

Can I use the mandolin holder modification with other kitchen tools?

The mandolin holder modification is specifically designed for use with mandolins. While it may fit other kitchen tools, it is not recommended as it may not provide a secure fit and may result in accidents or damage to the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • koima