• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening Mandolin Blades: Answering a Guest's Query

In summary, the conversation is about the durability of the blades on the Ultimate Mandoline and Food Chopper. The guest asks for suggestions on how to sharpen the blades if they become dull. It is mentioned that the blades on the Ultimate Mandoline have not dulled after years of use, and the solution is to contact the Solution Center for a replacement or to take it to a hardware or sewing shop for sharpening. The conversation also includes a comment about the lack of a julienne blade for a tool at this price point and suggestions to improve the product.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I had a show last night.... and I had a guest ask me if the blades ever get dull on the mandolin... and how do you sharpen them??? Any suggestions???

ummm...my mom has the old Ultimate slice grate for years and the blades have not dulled and she uses it all of the time so i am guessing these do not either....call HO and ask the test kitchens

PCSarahjm said:
ummm...my mom has the old Ultimate slice grate for years and the blades have not dulled and she uses it all of the time so i am guessing these do not either....call HO and ask the test kitchens

That was my next stop but I thought I would check here first... I have had mine a year and I use it all the time... BUT that is the first time I have ever been asked that question......

let us know what you find out!! Ask about the food chopper too! There was some confussion about if those need to be sharpened!

I just emailed them... so hopefully I will get a response rather quickly!

Update This Is The Email From HoHi Leah,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. We do not have a tool in our line to sharpen the
blades of the Ultimate Mandoline or Food Chopper. If these products are
still within the guarantee and the blades seem dull - contact the
Solution Center. If the products are out of guarantee the product may
be taken to a hardware store or sewing shop in your area to see if they
can sharpen the blades. Please let us know if you have more questions.

I rarely demo the Ultimate Mandoline.
A kitchen tool at this price point should have a julienne blade.

This is not a negative comment; it's a challenge to improve the product we consultants sell.

Last edited:
Never had anyone say that their blades got dull. If it's still under warranty, HO will replace dull blades. If it's out of warranty, they can purchase just the blade off of a replacement parts order!

The question was directed to if they bought it ... would the blades become dull and if so how do they sharpen them.

1. How often should I sharpen my mandolin blades?

It is recommended to sharpen your mandolin blades every 3-6 months depending on how often you use them. If you notice the blades becoming dull or causing difficulty in slicing, it may be time to sharpen them.

2. What is the best way to sharpen my mandolin blades?

The best way to sharpen your mandolin blades is by using a sharpening stone or a mandolin blade sharpener. Make sure to follow the instructions provided with the sharpening tool for best results.

3. Can I sharpen my mandolin blades myself or should I take them to a professional?

If you have experience sharpening blades and feel confident in doing so, you can sharpen your mandolin blades yourself. However, for those who are not familiar with sharpening tools, it is recommended to take them to a professional to ensure proper sharpening and to avoid injury.

4. How do I know when my mandolin blades need to be replaced?

If your mandolin blades are no longer sharpening properly or are causing difficulty in slicing, it may be time to replace them. Also, if you notice any chipping or bending in the blades, it is best to replace them to avoid any potential harm.

5. Is there a specific angle at which I should sharpen my mandolin blades?

Yes, for best results, it is recommended to sharpen your mandolin blades at a 15-20 degree angle. This will help maintain the sharpness of the blades and ensure efficient slicing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
kam
  • cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • Products and Tips
Replies