1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: UK Consultant asks-The Potato Ricer - what's your honest opinion on its performance?

1. Belinda Wood

Belinda Wood Novice Member Gold Member

The redesigned cookie press has only just launched with us in the UK and everyone is very excited about the inclusion of the potato ricer disk as a potato ricer has been a product our UK customers have been requesting for years! However, I'd love your honest feedback on this product ladies and gents please!
    Many thanks in advance!

Jan 8, 2010
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Re: UK Consultant asks-The Potato Ricer - what's your honest opinion on its performan

If you have a lot of potatoes to do it can take a few times to fill it up. Otherwise it worked fine for me.

Jan 8, 2010
  3. Belinda Wood

Re: UK Consultant asks-The Potato Ricer - what's your honest opinion on its performan

Thanks for your reply. Do you find the potatoes go cold too quickly though?

Jan 8, 2010
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I love it. It held more than I thought it would, though I still needed to fill it a couple of times. Really easy to use and clean, though. And, no, the potatoes don't go cold too quickly. Of course, I add warmed milk to mine instead of cold.

Jan 8, 2010
  5. Belinda Wood

Thank you so much Rae!

Jan 8, 2010
  6. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

I warm the butter and milk that goes in the potatoes and keep them in a bowl on warm in the oven they are yumo.

Jan 8, 2010
  7. Belinda Wood

Thank you all! Mine should arrive this week! I look forward to testing it out!

Jan 11, 2010
  8. pamscookingshows

pamscookingshows Novice Member

I used mine to rice potatoes for the first time Saturday and they were wonderful. I also heated the milk and butter like the video online shows.:chef:

9. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Stupid question alert, but what is the benefit of ricing potatoes? I don't get it.

Jan 11, 2010
  10. raebates

Generally they're smoother than mashed and less trouble than whipped.

Jan 11, 2010
  11. chefmoseley

chefmoseley Member Gold Member

In our home we only need one large potato to make enough mashed tatters for dinner (my hubby, myself, 2 daughter 5yrs and 3yrs and a new baby boy who is not a potato eater yet). I do not have a hand mixer and am not about to use my 5qt kitchen aid to whip a potato. When you use a for or the mix n chop to mash the potato it is ok but lumpy. Using the potato ricer I get smooth potato with just a swirl or a fork/spatula/spoon to blend the riced potato :) I really like the ricer especially b/c it is not a ratchet style(our old one and other companies' ricers) one that many people have gotten injured from...

Jan 11, 2010
  12. raebates

How big are your potatoes, chefmoseley? The Furry Guy can eat 2 of them mashed at one meal.

Jan 12, 2010
  13. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I would not live without my hand mixer ... I use it for everything. I simply can't wrap my brain around fitting all those potatoes in my cookie press. I just strain my taters, take out the hand mixer, whip and go!

14. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

ChefSteph - LOL! I was thinking the SAME thing! When I got my cookie press, I thought "what the?" Never heard of ricing potatoes in my life!

Have something to add?