• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oral Surgery Tomorrow: Prayers for a Quick Recovery!

In summary, to prepare for oral surgery, follow any specific instructions from your surgeon, have necessary medications ready, and arrange for transportation. Recovery time can vary, but typically takes 1-2 weeks. To minimize pain and discomfort after surgery, rest, apply ice packs, take pain medication, and eat soft foods. Risks associated with oral surgery can be minimized by following instructions and informing your surgeon of any medical conditions. It is normal to feel anxious, so communicate with your surgeon and try relaxation techniques before surgery.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
I'm having oral surgery tomorrow. On the front of my mouth. In the end it will look gorgeous but I will have temporaries over my front top four teeth tomorrow. Not a prob right? I have a show Friday morning!
So...think good thoughts for me to be not to uncomfortable and get through the show quickly and quietly!

erinyourpclady said:
I'm having oral surgery tomorrow. On the front of my mouth. In the end it will look gorgeous but I will have temporaries over my front top four teeth tomorrow. Not a prob right? I have a show Friday morning!
So...think good thoughts for me to be not to uncomfortable and get through the show quickly and quietly!

Note to self - don't have temps put on front of mouth right before a show, because I COULD NOT DO THIS!! I normally don't talk very much (oh, hush Dor and Kacey - I'm not talking about Facebook), but get me started on Pampered Chef and, well, yeah, this wouldn't work for me.

I will be thinking of and praying for you, though. I'm sure you'll be just fine - and, maybe you'll get some sympathy sales out of it!:D

(((hugs)))

Prayers said.

Praying you'll feel up to doing your show...and like Sarah said, maybe your "dedication" for doing the show will get some sympathy sales! :)

Think of it as sinking your teeth into your business.

You'll be fine. I had crowns put on my front two teeth and the temporaries looked fine - no one could tell. I didn't have discomfort with them either. If you hurt just take some tylenol before the show. Don't worry!

1. How can I prepare for my oral surgery tomorrow?

To prepare for your oral surgery tomorrow, it is important to follow any specific instructions given to you by your surgeon. This may include fasting for a certain amount of time before the surgery, avoiding certain foods and drinks, and arranging for transportation to and from the appointment. It is also important to make sure you have any necessary medications and supplies ready for after the surgery.

2. How long does it typically take to recover from oral surgery?

The recovery time for oral surgery can vary depending on the type of procedure and individual factors. However, most people can expect to fully recover within 1-2 weeks. It is important to follow your surgeon's post-surgery instructions and to take any prescribed pain medication as directed to help with the recovery process.

3. What can I do to minimize pain and discomfort after my oral surgery?

To minimize pain and discomfort after your oral surgery, it is important to rest and avoid strenuous activities for the first few days. Apply ice packs to the affected area to reduce swelling, and take any prescribed pain medication as directed. Eating soft foods and staying hydrated can also help with the healing process.

4. Are there any risks associated with oral surgery?

As with any surgical procedure, there are some potential risks associated with oral surgery. These may include bleeding, infection, nerve damage, and complications with anesthesia. However, these risks can be minimized by carefully following your surgeon's instructions and informing them of any pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking.

5. Is it normal to feel anxious or nervous before oral surgery?

It is completely normal to feel anxious or nervous before any surgical procedure, including oral surgery. If you are feeling particularly anxious, be sure to communicate this with your surgeon so that they can provide you with any necessary support or accommodations. You may also find it helpful to practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or listening to calming music before your surgery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76