• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh - What a Show...long, Personal Rant

In summary, Karen's cooking show got delayed because the host got sick, and she only received orders for the apple wedge. Her neighbor ordered $71 worth of things, so she made it a show. She then received orders from her mother-in-law for $15.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hi ladies -

Maybe I just need to vent here, I don't know. I had a cooking show lined up for March 13th for a co-worker of mine, it got delayed a week because the host got sick (understandable). The evening of her show, I get there about 5:45 because she said guests were coming between 6-6:30pm. Low and behold, come to find out that the guests were coming after work and would be there about 10pm! One person ordered that night ($39 - paid, all squared away). The host starts telling me what she wants to order (some $122 worth). We hold the show open so her Mom in another state could order and she could round up a few other outside orders. We agreed to close her show out last night. I show up about 9pm to do this, she is still trying to get a hold of her Mom to even look at my website to see if there is anything to order! She got two more small outside orders ($47 and $15). I decided to leave and told the host to call me when her Mom decides. I call her at 11:30pm (she said that was fine to call anytime before 1am), her Mom decided not to order! So, okay, let's settle up with you - your at this amount and she was like for the show?? No, the items that you told me you wanted. Nope, she only wanted to buy the apple wedger at this time ($13)! Okay, now not even enough to make it a show! Any yes, I am newer and was looking at commissionable sales and not guest sales and so, with another outside order($71) from my neighbor, thought I'd hit the $150 in sales needed to make it a show. Silly me - her $13 doesn't count! Was able to get one more small order ($15) from my mother-in-law to make it a show and now she gets her silly apple wedger for free! Grrr! :mad:

Why can't I seem to get a normal cooking show to happen that is above the $150??? (banging head on desk "need to get outside of neighborhood, need to get outside of neighborhood")

Thanks for reading....

Karen

Sorry Karen - that stinks! But you hit the nail on the head in your last comment - you need to get out of that circle. Wear logo clothing, go to the mall and carry your PC catalog tote, and do whatever you can to meet people outside of your circle to start getting good solid leads for shows. Hang in there - they're out there!!

one thing. Since you have your neighbors and MIL order with this party, i would order it to my house. Just in case.

Another helpful hint...don't go back to the host's house to close the show. That obviously has nothing to do with the sales of the show, but I did that in the beginning and it was such a waste of time. Just close over the phone.

Zsu said:
one thing. Since you have your neighbors and MIL order with this party, i would order it to my house. Just in case.

Yes...if you add extra orders to make a party qualify ALWAYS have the whole thing sent to your house (unless those extra orders opt for direct shipping.)

I know you're frustrated. Some hosts just don't get it.

How are you coaching your hosts? I know it took a while for me to think to remind my host that what she gets is based on the sales total. You'd be surprised how many people don't get that.

Did you send out invites with what time to start the party?

Host coaching is DEFINITELY the key to successful shows! Most will listen, but you'll still get one here & there who do their own thing.If you haven't taken the online courses & listened to the audio tapes, go do it NOW! Don't struggle for any longer than you have to. Listen to the wise words that have helped others to be successful and implement changes that can help YOU to be successful too! ;)

I would not have given her that apple wedger for free--she didn't earn it!

I agree with Deb. Since most of the orders came from your efforts, the show should be submitted with you as the host, and you get the benefits. I've done this before, and made it very clear to the original 'host' she is not getting the benefits, because she didn't meet the minimum requirements. Then, encourage them to book another show off of this one, so they CAN have the opportunity to earn what they want for free.

Oh, and by the way, I know how you feel. The show I did on Saturday, for which I had great hopes, stands at $37 right now without the host's order. Off to e-mail her the OOF, so she can get some more orders.

What is "Ugh - What a Show...long, Personal Rant"?

"Ugh - What a Show...long, Personal Rant" is a blog post written by a consultant who had a frustrating experience at a Pampered Chef party. It is not an official statement or reflection of the company as a whole.

Why was the consultant's experience at the party so negative?

The consultant had a negative experience due to a combination of factors, including a long and disorganized presentation, pushy sales tactics, and a lack of consideration for the guests' time and preferences.

Does Pampered Chef condone this type of behavior from their consultants?

No, Pampered Chef does not condone pushy or disrespectful behavior from their consultants. The company values creating a positive and enjoyable experience for both the host and guests at a party.

What steps is Pampered Chef taking to address this issue?

Pampered Chef takes all feedback seriously and is constantly working to improve the training and support provided to their consultants. They also have a dedicated customer service team to address any concerns or complaints from parties.

Should I still consider hosting or attending a Pampered Chef party after reading this post?

While this consultant's experience was negative, it is important to remember that every consultant is different and parties can vary greatly. If you are interested in hosting or attending a Pampered Chef party, we recommend discussing your expectations and preferences with the consultant beforehand to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• epimomma99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
epimomma99
  • pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missyciccolella