• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Navigating Difficult Parental Interactions as a Girl Scout Leader

In summary, this person is not so internet savy or organized and is not very good at communicating. They sent an email that was false and this has caused hostility between the two of them.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Just as an extra disclaimer this has nothing to do with PC so procede accordingly...I am a Girl scout leader and I am having an issue with a parent and someone who was a friend but not so much anymore.This person is not so internet savy or organized. I try to get all my parents all information possible in every form possible about what is going on. We even have a FB group that is private just for our members.first... In Dec. we had a holiday celebration/movie/pizza night. I asked all the parents to contribute something since we were only getting 2 med pizzas free for 10 girls and 3-4 adults. This parent acted mad that she had to bring something since everyone else was bringing something and in her words "it looks like we already have alot of food. Well Ok I will send something...second... in December when she had to work and could not attend Disney on ice with her 2 daughters. I had already committed to be in charge of another child besides my daughter and in that venue did not feel comfortable being in charge of someone else's kids. (This was around the time I found out my Dad was sick and my husband got laid off so I was a bit of a mess). She ran around last minute trying to get another parent to take them. No luck..3rd... about a month ago we had a swim event planned and we were going to have a potluck after (all this info went out in an email and was posted on our FB group). A few days before she asks on my wall if we were doing potluck, I was super busy and stressed about my dad and my gram was in the hospital so I replied "check your email" I resent all the info to everyone. She replies on my wall "ARE WE DOING POT LUCK OR NOT??????." I reply "all the info is on our group page and in the email" Yes I forgot to simply reply yes... my bad. By this point she thinks I am being super Bit*h to her and being condescending. Then I get the whiny "I don't know how to find our group, I don't get tis and that" ugh... fine whatever we made up...yesterday/today... now this part is really dumb if you ask me!... she sends me one of those emails that everyone forwards... this one is about plugged in cell phones exploding and states at the bottom "checked on snopes" me having dealt with this before and accidentally spamming my friends checked it on snopes and guess what... false, so I let her know and sent her the link to the snopes page. Here is what I get back... (which people have done for me when I have resent false info and I know I appreciate knowing and being educated)her... "THIS story may be false. But it is true that your phone on the charger can catch fire.. Just ask the owner of EC's on 95 and 47 how his garage burned down last year. And really why do you think this Can't happen??"I reply... "It is not that I think this can not happen but people hide viruses in this kind of email so I wanted people to know so they would not keep forwarding it also... it says at the bottom "true... checked on Snopes".. that part was not entirely true either. Again malicious people (obviously not you) put that so people will not check and just keep forwarding so their stupid virus gets spread even more."her reply... "Huh??? Are you like this with Everyone or is it just me?? I just wanted to pass on a little information that I know to be TRUE, that cell phones charging can catch fire.. not a stupid virus.. Please don't reply I am done with this.. I will not forward you anything anymore..."update:
My reply... "I do not know why you are so upset with me, it was nothing personal, I try to let anyone know that sends an email like this that is possible misinformation. And by the way people who originate these emails DO hide viruses in them. Just ask anyone who has dealt with that stuff and they will tell you. I have seen this circulate for years and I know these things can be malicious.If I was sending out things to my friends that were misinformation I would want to know.Whatever... I am done with this too. I do not have anything against you and do not know where this hostility comes from... "Her reply... "I guess I just don't understand why you take everything so personal.. I was sending information that I belived to be true. My computer blocks anything that could have a virus. and it tells me every time it stops something that could have a virus. so maybe I am not so worried about that..( until it happens:\) But like I said I will not send you anymore..and I am not upset with you..we just had a disagreement.. I will talk to ya soon."
Seriously.... Ugh... I am so upset I can't see straight!hmmmm... really your stupid Qwest internet crap virus protection blocks everything? Tell that to 3 other people I know who had their computer down for weeks...

Last edited:
((((Hugs))))

I'm sorry that you've got so much to deal with. But look on the bright side, she won't be forwarding you any more mass emails :D

yup... pretty happy about that!

Lose her. She has shown you her true colors and she isn't one of your true friends - declutter your life!

pamperedlinda said:
Lose her. She has shown you her true colors and she isn't one of your true friends - declutter your life!

So true. I always remember my Mom telling me (way back when I was a freshman in college, and there was some huge drama going on in the dorm) that my emotions were too important to waste on people who weren't really going to matter, and to save them for the people who do matter.

ugh... Hard part is her 2 daughters are in my troop. I have to see and deal with her. Latest message (added below in blue) has me totally confused. I am so sick of this chicks drama!

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
ugh... Hard part is her 2 daughters are in my troop. I have to see and deal with her. Latest message (added below) has me totally confused. I am so sick of this chicks drama!

Latest message proves she's just ranting (and no longer making sense). Pleasant Lady, I must say. :rolleyes:

etteluap70PC said:
ugh... Hard part is her 2 daughters are in my troop. I have to see and deal with her. Latest message (added below) has me totally confused. I am so sick of this chicks drama!

Where is it? I don't see her latest message. Did you delete it? Sorry you have to deal w/ her and the drama.

babywings76 said:
Where is it? I don't see her latest message. Did you delete it? Sorry you have to deal w/ her and the drama.

it is in blue...

etteluap70PC said:
it is in blue...

:D Oh! You put it in your original message! lol :blushing:

yeah I thought it would be easier to follow the saga...

"But like I said I will not send you anymore..and I am not upset with you..we just had a disagreement.. I will talk to ya soon."To me, it actually sounds like she wants to put it to rest. Some people just don't take computer viruses seriously and think others are paranoid. I wouldn't worry about it or anything. Some people are just like that. I've done the same thing as you, checked out the validity of something and replied back to the sender, but luckily they didn't chew me out over it. Sorry you had to deal w/ that.

I am just frustrated because she always responds to reminders and such with a "hugh???" or "What???" She does not read or check out the info I send home with her girls and get's mad if she asks a question and I tell her where to find the info instead of answering a ton of questions. She has told me she feels like I do not have time for her and to explain or answer questions. It seems like she is always calling me either when I am sick EX: I had to skip a GS meeting because I had no voice, she forgot about the meeting so calls me later to fill her in. I am so sick I can;t stand it so I say I can't talk" She pulls attitude with me... Or she calls me when I am getting ready to leave for a show or something like that... I do not have this issue with any of the 6 other parents I deal with.

etteluap70PC said:
I am just frustrated because she always responds to reminders and such with a "hugh???" or "What???" She does not read or check out the info I send home with her girls and get's mad if she asks a question and I tell her where to find the info instead of answering a ton of questions. She has told me she feels like I do not have time for her and to explain or answer questions. It seems like she is always calling me either when I am sick EX: I had to skip a GS meeting because I had no voice, she forgot about the meeting so calls me later to fill her in. I am so sick I can;t stand it so I say I can't talk" She pulls attitude with me... Or she calls me when I am getting ready to leave for a show or something like that... I do not have this issue with any of the 6 other parents I deal with.

Do you have caller ID? Don't answer her calls. She'll figure it out if she doesn't have you to lean on so much. ...or maybe you just need to sit down and have a heart to heart with her. Have you told her that you're sick or that you're walking out the door...?

BethCooks4U said:
Do you have caller ID? Don't answer her calls. She'll figure it out if she doesn't have you to lean on so much. ...or maybe you just need to sit down and have a heart to heart with her. Have you told her that you're sick or that you're walking out the door...?[/QUOTE]Yup... sure did...Oh and thanks everyone for letting me vent...

I really wanted to thank you all for being here for me today. DH was getting upset when I was venting to him about this situation. He had some not so nice things to say about this person and told me to drop it and move on. I needed a bit more venting to work it through my brain and emotions. I'm super thankful for my online buddies!

Sounds like you're like me. I need to process things out loud (or at least with words that make it from my brain out into the world).

I've dealt with a few people who just don't get it, don't really READ what I've sent, etc. I just go back, pull up the original message, copy & paste it to their response and then put "As I said in the previous e-mail (PM, etc.) ..." Sometimes after they have read it 2 or 3 times, they'll finally get it. I don't think she's trying to be a pain in the butt ... she's probably just clueless. ;)Sorry you are having to deal with so much frustration! I've been there! I have a relative who's anti anything that you could imagine. She used to send me chronic forwards that were offensive to me. Anti-Republican (she knows I'm a Republican), anti-police (she knows I'm a retired police dispatcher), anti-military (she knows my husband is active duty), etc. I asked her over & over & over to stop sending me the anti-anything e-mails, she didn't get it. After about 2 years I finally had to start nit picking her e-mails & proving all her anti theories wrong to anger her enough to get her to take me off her forward list. LOL She actually sent me an "end of the world" e-mail once that detailed when doomsday would occur. The date in the e-mail? 2 YEARS prior to the date she sent the e-mail. She's adopted, her mother had a mental illness and I think she may have a bit of that going on as well.

1. Why do some people have a negative attitude towards Pampered Chef parties?

Some people may have had negative experiences with direct sales or party-based businesses in the past, leading them to have a preconceived notion about Pampered Chef. Others may simply not be interested in the products or business model.

2. How can I deal with difficult guests at a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to handle difficult guests is to remain calm and professional. Try to address their concerns and provide them with information about the products and the business opportunity. If necessary, involve your host or a fellow consultant to help diffuse the situation.

3. Do I have to buy something at a Pampered Chef party?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at a Pampered Chef party. However, the host and consultant may offer special discounts or incentives for those who do make a purchase.

4. What if I am not interested in becoming a consultant, can I still attend a Pampered Chef party?

Of course! Pampered Chef parties are a fun and social way to learn about new products and recipes. There is no pressure to join the business opportunity.

5. What makes Pampered Chef different from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef is known for its high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets, as well as its emphasis on cooking and meal preparation. The company also has a strong focus on giving back through its Round-Up from the Heart program and partnerships with Feeding America and the American Cancer Society.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies