• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Frustrations: How to Close Shows with Difficult Hosts | PC Business Tips

In summary, this host has had a show for this person every year in November, but this year she was difficult to get a hold of. After finally getting in touch, the host offered to send some outlet items as a gift, but the person said they couldn't afford it.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I love her...I really do. This host has had a show for me every year in November since I started w/ PC - she was one of my first "outside my circle" hosts, and I can trace so much business from her parties...

However! Getting her to close her shows is always like pulling teeth. I have tried every trick in the book over the years, and she is resistant to all of them.
This year, her show was on NOVEMBER 5th! And she FINALLY emailed me her order this morning (and no, I wouldn't just order for her, she's brought me too much business to be that way with her) and it has several OUTLET items on it!!! GRRRR.....this means she will probably have to start all over figuring out what she wants to order, and I'll have to keep waiting...

She has an extremely busy job - when I call her work, I just leave messages with her secretary, and she's almost impossible to get a hold of outside of work too....*sigh*.

Well the only good news is she can't go past the 15th now in order to get the Nov. special, but I do know what you mean:)!

Grr. You've tried all of the tricks so you've probably already tried having her close her show the night of it.

Since she's been such a good source of biz, have you thought about getting her the outlet items as a gift? I know it doesn't help with finalizing her host order unless she is using the host discount and then it wouldn't matter to take off the outlet items. But I bet that's not the case.

Sorry

Becca_in_MD said:
Grr. You've tried all of the tricks so you've probably already tried having her close her show the night of it.

Since she's been such a good source of biz, have you thought about getting her the outlet items as a gift? I know it doesn't help with finalizing her host order unless she is using the host discount and then it wouldn't matter to take off the outlet items. But I bet that's not the case.

Sorry

LOL - I don't think I can get her the outlet items she wants...because she wants professional cookware and she wanted to use them as her half-price items. A little more than I would spend on a gift! That's why I'm waiting now - because I need to see what she wants for her half price items...

Sorry, was hoping she wanted a bar board and knife. Hey, I have some professional cookware - 6 pc. set, Lg Covered Skillet, Family Skillet - I'm staring at the boxes. Won them in the HO shopping spree along with all of the Exec. Would love to get them out of my house. I need to look into the marketplace on here to try to get rid of them. Otherwise whenever my niece gets her own place she will become the proud owner of Prof. cookware.

At least you have 12 more days until the 15th to get her show closed ;) I guess all of her guests are used to waiting a long time to get their orders.

Becca_in_MD said:
Sorry, was hoping she wanted a bar board and knife. Hey, I have some professional cookware - 6 pc. set, Lg Covered Skillet, Family Skillet - I'm staring at the boxes. Won them in the HO shopping spree along with all of the Exec. Would love to get them out of my house. I need to look into the marketplace on here to try to get rid of them. Otherwise whenever my niece gets her own place she will become the proud owner of Prof. cookware.

At least you have 12 more days until the 15th to get her show closed ;) I guess all of her guests are used to waiting a long time to get their orders.

Yeah, I think they probably just know her. She has had 7 shows, and every one has been like this to close. Oh - and I just got an email from her telling me she'll call me tonight with her order and CC #.....except that I'm getting ready to leave for a party, and no one else will be home tonight either. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, I think they probably just know her. She has had 7 shows, and every one has been like this to close. Oh - and I just got an email from her telling me she'll call me tonight with her order and CC #.....except that I'm getting ready to leave for a party, and no one else will be home tonight either. :(

She's used to the old you who had time to be at her beck and call, not the new you who's rockin' it!! At this point, what's another day or two?

1. How do I handle a host who is constantly changing the date and time of their show?

It's important to communicate clearly and firmly with the host about the importance of sticking to the agreed upon date and time. Let them know that changing the date and time can affect the success of their show and your business. You can also offer to help find a date and time that works better for them.

2. What if my host isn't inviting enough guests to their show?

It's important to set expectations with the host from the beginning about the desired number of guests for a successful show. You can also offer incentives for the host to invite more guests, such as free products or discounts. Remind the host that a larger guest list can lead to higher sales and rewards for them.

3. How can I deal with a host who is not engaged during the show?

It's important to keep the host involved and engaged during the show. Encourage them to participate in the demonstrations and ask their opinion on products. You can also assign them specific tasks, such as passing out catalogs or taking orders, to keep them engaged. If the host is still uninterested, try to focus on the other guests and make the best of the situation.

4. My host is not following through on their promises to help with bookings. What can I do?

If the host promised to help with bookings and has not followed through, it's important to have a conversation with them. Remind them of their commitments and the importance of follow-through for a successful show. You can also offer to provide them with resources and tips on how to secure more bookings.

5. How do I handle a host who is not meeting their sales goals?

It's important to have open communication with the host about their sales goals and how they can reach them. Offer tips and suggestions on how to boost sales, such as promoting the show on social media or offering product bundles. You can also offer to follow up with guests who didn't make a purchase to see if they are still interested in placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • kdangel518