• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snowstorms Sabotage My Home Show!

No need to email or phone. Summary: the author is annoyed with the snow and is considering canceling a show that was scheduled for this Friday because of the snow. The author also mentioned that if she moved to a place without snow, she would never miss it.
Lexif424
I am soo annoyed with the snow right now! due to the 3 feet of snow that was dumped on us last fri-sat my huge show (30 confirmed guests) was rescheduled to this fri..but theres so much snow and roads are still not completely cleared so my host canceled on me. I told her I would change it to a online/ catalog party since she already has some orders on there but not enough to submit yet. one of the orders was given to me on an outside order form because the guest didnt feel comfortable entering her info online (I had to make up and email and phone # and explain to her she would not get a receipt.) My host was suppose to get a check from this lady a week ago but hasn't seen her since they haven't left their house since the storm started....hoping I can salvage the party. After this storm I can honestly say if I moved somewhere where it never snowed I would never miss it.

I feel your pain! A few years ago we had "The Ice Storm". It took down so many electric lines and made roads seriously dangerous. I had EVERY show in January (I had 6 scheduled) cancel and no one would do a catalog show (this was before online shows). I got about 4 of the shows to reschedules (some into May) but really wanted to cry. We had people who didn't have electricity for over a month and we were calving at the time so I ended up no leaving home for over 2 weeks.

So sorry! I guess I would be for rescheduling it again- if you have dates open- to within a week or two. I don't hesitate to go to an online party if the number of guests coming is too low. But with 30+ just think of possible consultants and bookers that could be in that group. I rarely get those from online orderers. Also I always think that those who see my show will buy more. Also when you do have the party, everyone will be so happy to get out and socialize you might end up with more people!

If you download P3 and submit the show through that, you can print receipts for anyone you need to.

I completely understand your frustration with the snow and how it has affected your show. It can be so unpredictable and cause so much inconvenience. But don't worry, we can definitely salvage this party and make it a success. An online/catalog party is a great idea and I'm sure your guests will appreciate the option to still shop and support you. As for the outside order, I would suggest reaching out to the guest and explaining the situation. Maybe offer to pick up the check in person or provide her with an alternative payment method. We can work together to make sure everything runs smoothly and your host still gets the credit she deserves. Hang in there, the snow will eventually melt and we'll be back to our normal routines. In the meantime, let's focus on making this online party a hit!

1. How can I prevent snowstorms from impacting my home show?

Unfortunately, we cannot control the weather, but we recommend having a backup plan in case of inclement weather. This could include rescheduling the show for a later date or hosting a virtual show instead.

2. Will my guests still be able to attend the home show during a snowstorm?

It ultimately depends on the severity of the snowstorm and the ability for guests to safely travel. We recommend communicating with your guests and offering alternative options such as placing orders online or rescheduling for a later date.

3. How should I handle food demonstrations during a snowstorm?

If you are unable to safely and comfortably host a food demonstration during a snowstorm, we recommend showcasing the recipes through a virtual format or rescheduling for a later date. Always prioritize the safety and comfort of yourself and your guests.

4. Can I still earn host rewards during a home show impacted by a snowstorm?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards as long as the show meets the minimum sales requirement. If the show is unable to meet the requirement, we can work with you to find alternative options for earning rewards.

5. What should I do if a snowstorm causes a power outage during my home show?

If a power outage occurs during your home show, we recommend rescheduling for a later date or transitioning to a virtual show. If possible, have backup plans in place such as using a generator or having battery-operated cooking tools on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire