• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Anxiety of Making Customer Care Calls

In summary, people with a regular job may find it more motivating to call people at work, but people with a sick job may not be able to make the call. People may find it easier to be accountable to each other by keeping each other accountable through calls.
dkitten13
Ugh, I've been putting off calls for hours! Just can't get it in my head that its not a bad time for people! Why am I sabotaging myself! Would people get mad if I call at a bad hour or merely skip the call or say they are busy if I give them the out? I work 9-5 so I always feel like when I'm available its a bad time.

I need to succeed and I need to make customer care calls and look for bookings and yet I just stare at my phone...ugh!

Re: Procrastinating!!!Are you my long lost twin?! I'm the same way... I don't work during the day, but I still feel that way.! The few times I was brave enough to pick up the phone during the DAY I was apparently calling their cell phones (I didn't know since they wrote them as their 'home' number) and they were at work- so they basically yelled at ME! (Why did they answer??) And these were people who WANTED me to call them!!So now I'm scared to pick up the phone for fear of getting yelled at again.

Re: Procrastinating!!!Omg, that's been happening to me today! I was hoping they'd be home numbers and I called around 12:30pm hoping to leave messages (I HATE the phone so I figure that's better than nothing as I get used to making calls) but 2 people said "I'm at work, can I call you back?" and then didn't get my number. Gee, guess who isn't calling back?! One did say call her back this evening. As if calling wasn't hard enough for me (I make my husband order pizza...) the only calls I managed to make today were negative! I really really really want to be consistent in making morning after and customer care calls but I'm seriously lacking the motivation when they're gaining me NOTHING.

We should figure something out to keep each other accountable...even knowing my director's gonna ask me how my booking blitz went today (why did I promise her?!?!) I'm dragging my feet!

Re: Procrastinating!!!
mrshamel3808 said:
Omg, that's been happening to me today! I was hoping they'd be home numbers and I called around 12:30pm hoping to leave messages (I HATE the phone so I figure that's better than nothing as I get used to making calls) but 2 people said "I'm at work, can I call you back?" and then didn't get my number. Gee, guess who isn't calling back?! One did say call her back this evening. As if calling wasn't hard enough for me (I make my husband order pizza...) the only calls I managed to make today were negative! I really really really want to be consistent in making morning after and customer care calls but I'm seriously lacking the motivation when they're gaining me NOTHING.

We should figure something out to keep each other accountable...even knowing my director's gonna ask me how my booking blitz went today (why did I promise her?!?!) I'm dragging my feet!

Least they didn't take your head off! :D They gave you permission to call them back- so look at that as your opening.

Re: Procrastinating!!!Start looking at those NO's as a good thing!

Every NO gets you closer to YES!

Attachments

• 100 NOs.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 347
Re: Procrastinating!!!The no's don't scare me, it's the mean people! *hehe*

Re: Procrastinating!!!Yes, I actually am challenging myself to my 100 nos...but you have to call to get them! I'll try tomorrow at work at lunchtime, several of the people I have to call are stay at home moms so I think the timings better as to not interrupt when daddy gets home or bedtime. I also seem to be a little more motivating while working my "regular" job. I like the idea of being accountable, too but my Director didn't like the 100 nos challenge so I am sort of doing it myself. Might be extra hard since my business is new, I don't have that many people to call!

Re: Procrastinating!!!Same here, I have my initial list of 100 but I just don't feel comfortable (not because I don't like the phone, but as a way of doing business) calling people that I contact in the beginning when I started my business and they didn't respond. It doesn't help that I'm sick today too, and my nose has gradually stuffed up as the day goes by. So I don't think I can call anyone tonight. So I sent e-mails personally to each of the about 8 people I had tell me they were possibly or definitely interested in doing shows and have heard back from one that she will look at her calendar.

I'm sorta intrigued by the idea of 100 no's but it seems so cheesy. I mean, seriously? Telling them when you call, "I'm trying for 100 no's", they KNOW that's not really the goal of your calling! My contacts aren't stupid...I'm not sure they'd find it cute and clever or just like a way of manipulating them into talking to me.

Re: Procrastinating!!!I wouldn't tell them it was part of the 100 nos, maybe mention a positive challenge or not mention anything at all. I made some out of box calls and called all the orders on a book fundraiser but now that I'm really looking for business I'm sort of gun shy now...can anyone say fear of failure????

Re: Procrastinating!!!I started making out of the box calls this morning and the one thing I was worried about for them came true, my host hasn't delivered the products yet!! I know she was in the process of moving (her family was living with her parents) so it's been super hectic but I was hoping she'd have gotten them to her guests. I don't know what to do now.

Re: Procrastinating!!!
mrshamel3808 said:
I started making out of the box calls this morning and the one thing I was worried about for them came true, my host hasn't delivered the products yet!! I know she was in the process of moving (her family was living with her parents) so it's been super hectic but I was hoping she'd have gotten them to her guests. I don't know what to do now.

Call the host and do HER 'out of box call' and see how her move is going and take it from there. Make it out as if you are calling her first and that you are going to be following up with guests this week to make sure everyone was happy.

That's what I'd do.

Re: Procrastinating!!!Yeah, actually I do need to call her cuz she called me about exchanging something she got. I almost forgot! (She called and left a message and then I left her a message and she hasn't called me back). I'll do that tomorrow if I can breathe through my nose! lol

What is customer care?

Customer care refers to the process of providing support and assistance to customers before, during, and after their purchase. It involves addressing any concerns or questions they may have and ensuring their satisfaction with the product or service.

Why do I feel anxious about making customer care calls?

Many people feel anxious about making customer care calls because they fear rejection or criticism from the customer. They may also worry about saying the wrong thing or not being able to solve the customer's problem.

How can I overcome my anxiety of making customer care calls?

One way to overcome your anxiety is to prepare and practice before making the call. Write down a script or talking points to guide the conversation. It can also help to remind yourself that the customer is reaching out for help and you are there to assist them.

What are some tips for making successful customer care calls?

Some tips for making successful customer care calls include actively listening to the customer, empathizing with their concerns, and offering possible solutions or alternatives. It is also important to stay calm and professional, even if the customer is upset or angry.

What if I am unable to resolve the customer's issue during the call?

If you are unable to resolve the issue during the call, assure the customer that you will follow up and provide a timeline for when they can expect a resolution. Be sure to follow through on your promise and keep the customer updated throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • SandiLeigh