• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mistaken Delivery: A Lesson in Customer Service and Organization

In summary, the author accidentally ordered one Mini-Serving Spatula instead of two and tried to apologize to the customer and the host. The customer was understanding and wanted another show in March.
I usually don't deliver shows at all. I have 4 kids 6 and under so even for individual orders I charge them direct shipping because it is so hard to get out the door and make deliveries. I had a lady call me at the end of January to order a stone. She got my number off of my car sign (that was a first!) I ended up putting it on a show that was getting shipped here because I thought I could deliver it to her and show extra customer service. She lives close by. Anyway, I ended up with 2 shows getting delivered here all on the same day, over 12 boxes of stuff. Then with all the snow I have been snowed in for the good part of two weeks.
Anyway, today I am leaving for a party and my phone rang, I didn't pick up becuase I was running late, I go out to my car and someone is blocking the driveway. It is this lady and she is asking me about her stone. I forgot about it!! I told her I would call her when I got home and could check on it. ( I honestly thought I had it shipped to her)

Long story short I delivered it to the host of another party:eek::eek:

I feel really bad, I think she thought I stole her money. It makes it worse that she doesn't know me at all. I am going to take the stone to her on Monday and maybe give her a Season's Best. I just can't believe I didn't realize I did this. This is why I don't deliver!

We all make mistakes. A heart-felt apology and the gift of the Season's Best should be sufficient to smooth things over.

Be honest about it all and kill her with kindness. I feel like the saying "No good deed goes unpunished." is so true. Everytime I try to save someone money I end up doing something similar.

But, more often than not, I feel great knowing that I helped someone save time and money.

I agree with Rae--heartfelt apology and a SB. You can even use the 4 kids under 6 as an excuse for "mommy mind". She may be able to relate to that.

Thanks guys! That made me feel a little better. I still feel bad, but there is nothing I can do but tell her what happened and that I am sorry.

The host who received it by mistake didn't bring it up? Did she use it??? :eek:

I agree, being honest is the best route. ;) Hopefully, she will understand.

I accidentally ordered only one Mini-Serving Spatula on my last December order instead of two for a lady. My next order didn't go in till January. I apologized profusely to the Host. I tried calling the lady and the Host until I finally reached the Host LAST WEEK! Since the customer OWNS a Realty Company here in town, I went out of my way and gave her an extra Spatula plus the SB. The Host told me when I delivered it she wants another Show in March and wants to have it there at their office! Looks like that little "investment" paid off! They were very understanding...

What is "Uggg, I Messed Up!"?

"Uggg, I Messed Up!" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps to remove tough stains and messes from various surfaces in the kitchen.

How does "Uggg, I Messed Up!" work?

"Uggg, I Messed Up!" is a non-toxic, biodegradable cleaner that contains enzymes and surfactants to break down and remove tough stains and messes. Simply spray it on the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping or rinsing it off.

Can I use "Uggg, I Messed Up!" on all surfaces?

Yes, "Uggg, I Messed Up!" is safe to use on a variety of surfaces including countertops, stovetops, ovens, microwaves, and more. However, we recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure compatibility.

Is "Uggg, I Messed Up!" safe for food contact surfaces?

Yes, "Uggg, I Messed Up!" is safe to use on food contact surfaces. However, we recommend rinsing the surface thoroughly with water after cleaning to ensure that no residue remains.

Can I use "Uggg, I Messed Up!" on clothing or fabric?

No, "Uggg, I Messed Up!" is not recommended for use on clothing or fabric. It is designed specifically for use on hard surfaces in the kitchen. For fabric stains, we recommend using our Laundry Stain Remover instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • pc_jessica