• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chocolate Recipes for Your Next Event

In summary, my hosts want two recipes at their chocolate show on Tuesday night. I had offered Peanutty Chocolate Cake w/ pass-around-salsa and chipotle ranch dip. They wanna nix the salsa or dip and add another chocolate recipe. Invite-time is 7:30 which means we probably won't start the demo til 7:45-8ish.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My hosts want two recipes at their chocolate show on Tuesday night. I had offered Peanutty Chocolate Cake w/ pass-around-salsa and chipotle ranch dip.
They wanna nix the salsa or dip and add another chocolate recipe. Invite-time is 7:30 which means we probably won't start the demo til 7:45-8ish.

HELP?
What TWO chocolate recipes could I pull off?!?!

Can you have one already done (or mostly finished)? How about the new Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip that's in the SBRC - that one looks pretty good?

Does anyone still do the 2 step fudge in the EAD to make 'rosebud' type things? Those are super fast to put together and can be done in advance. You can pass them around or set them out in something pretty from the SA line?

All the Best cookbookCool and creamy chocolate fondue. Make it in advance, serve it on SA with apple wedges and cinnamon grahams.

Robin

How about Tuxedo Brownie Cups? Everyone loves the EAD and I sell those everytime I demo it. Oh and use the Microplane to grate choclocate over the top - I sell that when I demo it too.

priscilla said:
Cool and creamy chocolate fondue. Make it in advance, serve it on SA with apple wedges and cinnamon grahams.

Robin

recipe please?

Carolyn, that one's in All the Best. It's the cover recipe.

how about a micro cake?? that is fast and easy! Have it mixed already . and ready to poor., and then your demo wont last as long. Cook it while you cook the other recipe!

friday said:
Does anyone still do the 2 step fudge in the EAD to make 'rosebud' type things? Those are super fast to put together and can be done in advance. You can pass them around or set them out in something pretty from the SA line?

What is this?? Sounds like a good 2nd recipe for Nov/Dec shows!

feather18 said:
how about a micro cake?? that is fast and easy! Have it mixed already . and ready to poor., and then your demo wont last as long. Cook it while you cook the other recipe!

The first recipe I am doin gis a microcake

What about a chocolate pizza? Bake a brownie mix in the large bar pan ahead of time and finish it at the show.

pamperedgirl3 said:
What is this?? Sounds like a good 2nd recipe for Nov/Dec shows!

Prepare in advance- set out some waxed paper to put the chocobuds on. Have your EAD open and ready with the large star tip. Also, have your small scoop ready.

12 oz chocolate chips- melt to smooth in either the exec saucepan over low heat or in the microcooker (I suck at melting in the microcooker- I always use the cookware). (stir with the small mix n scraper)

1 tub chocolate icing- add to the smooth melted chocolate chips, and mix in completely (with the small mix n scraper)

Once mixed completely, scoop into the EAD, and gently press bud sized candies onto the waxed paper. If they fall in a slop, the chocolate is too hot- reduce the heat on the stove, remove the pot from heat and stir until it firms up a bit. If it is too hard to press your EAD, return to the pot and stir over heat until they are softer.

1 batch makes about 200-300 candies. They take a few hours to set up. I usually do them last thing before bed and they are set up by morning.

I made these with white chocochips and white icing for my wedding instead of cake. I have also made them pink, flavoured the chocolate with mint or orange, and made them with butterscotch chips.

I learned about them at a National Conference several years ago when we had some special speakers from the US who shared this recipe with us. I have been doing it several times a year ever since.

Have you tried the truffle brownie cups in the new SB? I've done them for about 4 or 5 shows. I make both the cups and the ganache in the morning and them put them together at the show. It lets me talk about the mini muffin pan/tart shaper and Simple Additiona (which I serve them on). Finish off w/whipped cream using EAD. They are always a hit...DH loves them too.

I've also been taking the Cappucinno Mousse Trifle to my chocolate shows....I just re-name it the Chocolate Cappucinno Mousse Trifle and use the microplane to grate extra chocolate on the top as well (or decorate with chocolate cool whip on top).

I've also made the Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip several times...it tastes great (especially w/strawberries). Make it ahead though...microwaving Cool Whip can be a turn off to some guests.

leggy

Ok - I just emailed back & forth with the host -- we're going to do the Peanutty Chocolate Cake...and the Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue.
I have done the cake plenty of times before...but never the fondue and have no time to practice it.
Any tips?
I am thinking I'll serve the fondue in a Chillzane to show of the CZ? Here in FL they sell year round...and I'll alrady be showing off SA for the cake.

Sounds like chocolate over load....yummy! That cake is my absolute favorite when it comes to micro-cakes (actually, it's the only one I like). I have never made the fondue, but I had a host who made it one time and it was very good, looked really easy too.

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds like chocolate over load....yummy! That cake is my absolute favorite when it comes to micro-cakes (actually, it's the only one I like). I have never made the fondue, but I had a host who made it one time and it was very good, looked really easy too.

I have never made the fonduie but I had a consultant bring it to a cluster meetgin one time and it was outrageous!
These hosts insist no fruit with chocolate (?!?!?) so I am thinking I;ll make the Cinnamon Baked Tortilla Chips to dip in the fondue - I'll make those ahead of time and bring them with me.

Or you could buy the cinnamon graham sticks (I don't know the official name)

dannyzmom said:
Ok - I just emailed back & forth with the host -- we're going to do the Peanutty Chocolate Cake...and the Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue.
I have done the cake plenty of times before...but never the fondue and have no time to practice it.
Any tips?
I am thinking I'll serve the fondue in a Chillzane to show of the CZ? Here in FL they sell year round...and I'll alrady be showing off SA for the cake.

The cool & creamy chocolate fondue is my "go to" recipe when I need a quick, simple, cheap recipe! (I actually made this at my first Cooking Show!):thumbup:
I will often have my host make it while I am doing other prep work.....it is so simple, you can make it w/o any practice at all. My biggest tip would be to nix the rum flavoring, and use some of our vanilla instead. It's a great recipe to be doing right now, because you can talk about the All The Best Cookbook (it's on the cover) and it's a great recipe for showing Simple Additions. I made it for a Chocolate Show last week, along with the Trifle, and served it in a small dots bowl sitting in the middle of the large dots bowl, and had graham cracker sticks and apples slices around it.

dannyzmom said:
Any tips?

Make the fondue in advance so it has time to set; there are instructions for doing this in the recipe.

Yep, showing it in the CZ is good...I do this a lot in the summer (I am in St. Pete) I second the cinnamon sticks rather than the tortillas; I have made the tortillas before and they are not worth the effort it took. Cinnamon Grahams work just as well.

Robin

Wheat Thins has new cinnamon crackers. I bet they'd be good with the fondue.

The quick chocolate recipe I used to do a lot (now I've reminded myself about it) is Rocky Road delight. That's an easy 2nd recipe because you can make it up ahead of time and just stick it in the oven to be ready with the rest of the recipes. Yummy!!!

OMG these hosts are going to make me INSANE!!!
It's a cohosted party and I am getting the feeling the two hosts are talking to each other, then ONE emails me, we decide on somethign...but she doesn't pass the info on to the other host...so then the other hosts starts emailing me changing the recipes yet again.

Get this - Friday night I talk with host "D" about our recipe selection - we decide on Peanitty Chocolate Cake as the main recipe, a dip ready when guests arrive, and the pass around salsa.

Saturday morning I get an email from Host "M" saying nix the dip & salsa and have another chocolate recipe - they want mroe chocolate. BUT - there is to be NO fruit with chocolate and no coconut. I email her back suggesting we do the Peanutty Chocolate Cake and the Cool & Creamy Fondue. She says that sounds great. Whew.

I wake up this morning to an email from Host "D" saying:

SO, M and I were chatting...she wants to make MORE chocolate desserts since we've advertised a "chocolate party". I have a microwave that I can bring with me if you need more than one (I know many of these desserts require a mircowave). Anyway, I saw on your website these two desserts...can we add these to the party and skip the dip? The salsa was so easy, we can make that too while you're doing the cakes. Let me know!!

-D

Turtle Fudge Micro Cake:
1 Box Devil's Food Cake
1C sour cream
1C water
3 eggs
3/4C chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4c caramel ice cream topping (must be topping, not magic shell)

Subject: 1-2-3-Cake!
1 cup chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
1 chocolate cake mix

Are you freakin' kidding me!?!?!?
You'll provide me with two microwaves?? Ok - who is going to provide me with THREE fluted pans?? Did I mention the invite time on this show is 7:30pm on a school night???? So she is telling me that for their 15 guests, I should make THREE microwave cakes, salsa and the cool and creamy fondue. Someone calm me down please before this woman calls me!!!!

dannyzmom said:
OMG these hosts are going to make me INSANE!!!
It's a cohosted party and I am getting the feeling the two hosts are talking to each other, then ONE emails me, we decide on somethign...but she doesn't pass the info on to the other host...so then the other hosts starts emailing me changing the recipes yet again.

Get this - Friday night I talk with host "D" about our recipe selection - we decide on Peanitty Chocolate Cake as the main recipe, a dip ready when guests arrive, and the pass around salsa.

Saturday morning I get an email from Host "M" saying nix the dip & salsa and have another chocolate recipe - they want mroe chocolate. BUT - there is to be NO fruit with chocolate and no coconut. I email her back suggesting we do the Peanutty Chocolate Cake and the Cool & Creamy Fondue. She says that sounds great. Whew.

I wake up this morning to an email from Host "D" saying:

SO, M and I were chatting...she wants to make MORE chocolate desserts since we've advertised a "chocolate party". I have a microwave that I can bring with me if you need more than one (I know many of these desserts require a mircowave). Anyway, I saw on your website these two desserts...can we add these to the party and skip the dip? The salsa was so easy, we can make that too while you're doing the cakes. Let me know!!

-D

Turtle Fudge Micro Cake:
1 Box Devil's Food Cake
1C sour cream
1C water
3 eggs
3/4C chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4c caramel ice cream topping (must be topping, not magic shell)

Subject: 1-2-3-Cake!
1 cup chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
1 chocolate cake mix

Are you freakin' kidding me!?!?!?
You'll provide me with two microwaves?? Ok - who is going to provide me with THREE fluted pans?? Did I mention the invite time on this show is 7:30pm on a school night???? So she is telling me that for their 15 guests, I should make THREE microwave cakes, salsa and the cool and creamy fondue. Someone calm me down please before this woman calls me!!!!

Carolyn! You KNOW you are not there to be their caterer or party planner......tell them that if they want more chocolate, you will supply them with recipes, and they can make them before the party and have them ready. I would also tell them that 3 cakes is way overload....and that you only have 1 fluted pan anyway.........be strong! gheesh! some people really don't have a clue do they?:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Carolyn! You KNOW you are not there to be their caterer or party planner......tell them that if they want more chocolate, you will supply them with recipes, and they can make them before the party and have them ready. I would also tell them that 3 cakes is way overload....and that you only have 1 fluted pan anyway.........be strong! gheesh! some people really don't have a clue do they?:rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!!
But how can I put this to them w/o offending??
This is a group of very demanding, very complainey young Moms.
At the last show I did with this group I spent 50% of the time fending off complaints from one guest "My FC doesn't work on onions" (I had her come up & use mine on onions and then segued into the warranty info..."My cut & seal won't work on 12-grain bread" - (well, no sh*t Sherlock!!! It's not made to be used on 12-grain bread!!!)
So basically, they see me as the "hired help" to come and entertain the snotty butts. Last show with them WOULD have been a $300 show if not for ONE guest who came and brought her mom and together they spent $400.
Oh, and last show, the host let a bunch of her friends place their orders on HER discount - I felt SO screwed!! Do they not realize this is not a hobby for me but this is what feeds my kids????

friday said:
Prepare in advance- set out some waxed paper to put the chocobuds on. Have your EAD open and ready with the large star tip. Also, have your small scoop ready.

12 oz chocolate chips- melt to smooth in either the exec saucepan over low heat or in the microcooker (I suck at melting in the microcooker- I always use the cookware). (stir with the small mix n scraper)

1 tub chocolate icing- add to the smooth melted chocolate chips, and mix in completely (with the small mix n scraper)

Once mixed completely, scoop into the EAD, and gently press bud sized candies onto the waxed paper. If they fall in a slop, the chocolate is too hot- reduce the heat on the stove, remove the pot from heat and stir until it firms up a bit. If it is too hard to press your EAD, return to the pot and stir over heat until they are softer.

1 batch makes about 200-300 candies. They take a few hours to set up. I usually do them last thing before bed and they are set up by morning.

I made these with white chocochips and white icing for my wedding instead of cake. I have also made them pink, flavoured the chocolate with mint or orange, and made them with butterscotch chips.

I learned about them at a National Conference several years ago when we had some special speakers from the US who shared this recipe with us. I have been doing it several times a year ever since.

So, how long does a few hours mean to set up and have you ever just stuck them in the freezer to set up faster????
I want to do these for my cookie shows that I start do in Nov. and Dec. but if they won't set up in the freezer than they won't work for my cookie shows.

dannyzmom said:
EXACTLY!!!
But how can I put this to them w/o offending??
This is a group of very demanding, very complainey young Moms.
At the last show I did with this group I spent 50% of the time fending off complaints from one guest "My FC doesn't work on onions" (I had her come up & use mine on onions and then segued into the warranty info..."My cut & seal won't work on 12-grain bread" - (well, no sh*t Sherlock!!! It's not made to be used on 12-grain bread!!!)
So basically, they see me as the "hired help" to come and entertain the snotty butts. Last show with them WOULD have been a $300 show if not for ONE guest who came and brought her mom and together they spent $400.
Oh, and last show, the host let a bunch of her friends place their orders on HER discount - I felt SO screwed!! Do they not realize this is not a hobby for me but this is what feeds my kids????
:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: RUN! FAST! :D :D :D Seriously - there comes a time when people are just using you, that offending them needs to take 2nd place. I have no doubt in my mind that YOU can be gentle, and gracious, and at the same time say:
"I am more than happy to do 2 recipes for your show - but I will need for you and you to do the other 2 in advance. We don't want to keep people out too late on a work/school night, and if I try to do 4 recipes, people will get bored with seeing me mix and chop, and we will lose their attention and their orders - meaning less free stuff for both of you!"ETA: You could also say at the beginning of this little spiel: "I have been doing this for several years, and in my experience, what I have found to always be true is this:......

ChefBeckyD said:
:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: RUN! FAST! :D :D :D

Seriously - there comes a time when people are just using you, that offending them needs to take 2nd place. I have no doubt in my mind that YOU can be gentle, and gracious, and at the same time say:
"I am more than happy to do 2 recipes for your show - but I will need for you and you to do the other 2 in advance. We don't want to keep people out too late on a work/school night, and if I try to do 4 recipes, people will get bored with seeing me mix and chop, and we will lose their attention and their orders - meaning less free stuff for both of you!"

ETA: You could also say at the beginning of this little spiel: "I have been doing this for several years, and in my experience, what I have found to always be true is this:......

The unfortunate challenge in all of this is that I grew up in NJ. When people piss me off, my NJ-Girl attitude comes out - LOL
What I'd REALLY like to say to them is "Are you $%*$@&% nuts?? Here's what I am making - you can kiss my shiny white %%% if you think I am your caterer or SLAVE!!"

dannyzmom said:
The unfortunate challenge in all of this is that I grew up in NJ. When people piss me off, my NJ-Girl attitude comes out - LOL
What I'd REALLY like to say to them is "Are you $%*$@&% nuts?? Here's what I am making - you can kiss my shiny white %%% if you think I am your caterer or SLAVE!!"

Umm, yeah....I suppose that would work too!:D

((((((HUGS))))))) and good luck!

LMAO Carolyn! I dare you to say that to them!

pamperedlinda said:
LMAO Carolyn! I dare you to say that to them!

Don't tempt me - LOL
THREE cakes, salsa AND fondue!?!?!? Jeeeeez Louiiiiiiise!

Carolyn, is there a way you could appeal to the "good mom" that must be somewhere below the surface on these hosts? Like, "I understand that you want this to be a chocolate overload, but I'd hate to keep your friends away from their families too long ona school night."If that doesn't work, tell them that "I only do 2 recipes at my shows." Period. {{{hugs}}} to you, darlin'.

chefann said:
Carolyn, is there a way you could appeal to the "good mom" that must be somewhere below the surface on these hosts? Like, "I understand that you want this to be a chocolate overload, but I'd hate to keep your friends away from their families too long ona school night."

If that doesn't work, tell them that "I only do 2 recipes at my shows." Period.

{{{hugs}}} to you, darlin'.

Yo! You tawkin' tuh me???
Oops, sorry, the big haired Jersey girl in me is creeping to the surface...
Down girl, down!
Anyway...none of their kids are school aged - they all have infants/toddlers so they don't 'get' that...and they're all SAHMs. I am just going to tell them they can choose ONE cake and the fondue...and if they want to make some stuff ahead - go for it.

I had a PITA group one time that I had to cut loose or suffer... and when the next in line tried to schedule a show, I flipped my planner open to the very back and said- Oh Gosh, I am just so very busy, I don't have any available dates until February. When would you like? She tried to convince me that I could squeeze her in sooner, but I was firm and said no, but that I would put her on a cancellation list for a sooner date. The show ended up cancelled. I later found out that since the TW ladies were doing recipes at shows now, they found one of them to drive bonkers... I feel a little bad. But not much.

Now if my team comes across PITA hosts and ask me how to deal with it- I tell them to offer dates in February. I also offer February for a frequent rescheduler. (february is personally, my hardest month to book- thats why i offer it)

JMHO
friday

nicki25 said:
So, how long does a few hours mean to set up and have you ever just stuck them in the freezer to set up faster????
I want to do these for my cookie shows that I start do in Nov. and Dec. but if they won't set up in the freezer than they won't work for my cookie shows.
Yep, you can put them in the freezer! When I make these, I press out the little stars into the mini muffin liners. Then, when they are on a cookie tray, they look cute and don't melt onto other cookies. PM me if you have any other questions!

dannyzmom said:
Carolyn~

You are TOO FUNNY!!

Hope this ends up being a super high show for you!! Perhaps one of them needs to sign and become the new caterer for all their friends!!!;)

Hey Carolyn - how did this turn out.....?(not the show, but the conversation about demo recipes!)

pamperedbecky said:
The quick chocolate recipe I used to do a lot (now I've reminded myself about it) is Rocky Road delight. Yummy!!!

What is the recipe for this??

Here you go.....

Attachments

• rocky_road_delight[1].doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 282
Oh and, Carolyn, I'm dying to know how this all went!!!

chefann said:
Wheat Thins has new cinnamon crackers. I bet they'd be good with the fondue.
I didn't know that, I bet they would be good, or the Graham Cracker sticks.

1. Can you provide alternative chocolate recipes that do not involve salsa or dip?

Yes, we have a wide variety of delicious chocolate recipes that do not involve salsa or dip. Some popular options include Chocolate Lava Cakes, Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and Chocolate Mousse.

2. Can you suggest recipes that are easy to make for a last-minute event?

Absolutely! If you are short on time, some quick and easy chocolate recipes that you can make for your event include Chocolate Bark, Chocolate Fudge, or Chocolate Brownies. These recipes require minimal prep time and are always a crowd-pleaser.

3. Are there any chocolate recipes that are suitable for guests with dietary restrictions?

Yes, we have a selection of chocolate recipes that cater to different dietary needs. Some options include Vegan Chocolate Cake, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding. Be sure to check with your guests beforehand to see if they have any specific dietary restrictions.

4. Can you recommend recipes that are suitable for a large group?

Absolutely! A great option for a large group would be our Chocolate Fondue recipe. It's a fun and interactive dessert that can easily serve a large crowd. You can also consider making a Chocolate Cheesecake or a Chocolate Tart, which can be cut into smaller portions to serve a larger group.

5. Do you have any suggestions for pairing chocolate recipes with other dishes?

Yes, there are many ways you can pair chocolate recipes with other dishes. For a sweet and savory combination, you can pair a rich chocolate dessert with a cheese platter or a charcuterie board. For a more traditional pairing, you can serve a chocolate dessert with a cup of coffee or a glass of red wine. You can also consider serving a light salad or fresh fruit as a palate cleanser before or after a chocolate dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheftammy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • KristinB1023
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies