• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May

In summary, the first opportunity is a bank business of the week, and the second is a Memorial Day parade. Neither are very exciting, but both could be successful with the right preparations.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have 2 opportunities the last week in May, vastly different opportunites, and I've never done anything like either of them before.First - My bank does a "business of the week" featured Table in their entry way. I inquired into this last Fall, and discovered it's very popular - the first time I could reserve was the last week of May. So, I have to do a table set up the for that week. I'm trying to figure out what's best to do...I don't really want to do product, because it's in a public place, w/o supervision - I'm afraid my products would walk away! Has anyone done something like this successfully? Have any tips? It's an 8 ft. table.Second - On Memorial Day, our community has a HUGE Memorial Day Parade. EVERYONE comes out for it. DH has had his classic car in the parade in times past, and is thinking about doing it again this year. I thought that if he did that, I should be registered with him as a business, and walk along side the car, and hand out little info bags to people. (Many businesses do this) So, I'm thinking, recipe cards, my business card w/ a coupon, and smarties or some kind of candy......and wondered if anyone had done anything like this before?If I was going to order anything from Vistaprint, I'd need to get it done this week - so if anyone has any genius ideas, I'd love to ste...umm, I mean borrow them from you. :D

I have done the business of the week at the bank. I would not do product, even my display seasons best walked away! The most success we had with is was to sit with the table on Friday and Saturday and get leads just like a booth. Our bank let us do that.
I have thought about doing our community parade too, so let us know how it goes and good luck.

I would set out any old catalogs you have with a sticker saying to contact you for a new one. Put one or two current catalogs in page protectors in a binder, and hope that no-one walks off with it/them (it should be obvious they are for display only), maybe have a binder with some them show ideas in it, have a couple of sheets for host benefits, maybe some recipe cards (you could run off copies 4 to a page to make it cheaper, so you can leave alot). There are some nice pdfs of gits and entertaining ideas, you could have those in a binder too. Oh, and info about registries and showers, and fundraisers too!

GOt to run,

Annabel

For the bank:
catalogs or mini catalogs (use old ones with the old catalog poem on the front, even)
stand-ups or frames with the current and upcoming specials and a recruiting message
business cards (for when the other literature is gone) - maybe with a coupon on the back
recipe cards (just one type, or people will take one of each and your materials will disappear very quickly)
And I'd check in at the bank every couple of days to replenish the stacks, maybe leave a box under the table with some so that a bank employee can refill the piles, too.Parade:
VistaPrint has car magnets that you can get with your info - put them on the car just for the parade. If DH is worried about scratches, put a soft paper towel behind each so that the magnet isn't in direct contact with the paint.
Something substantial is more likely to be remembered - and kept. How about a little cellophane baggie with a roll of Smarties (put a sticker on the candy that says, "Be a Smartie - have a party!" You can use the VP address labels), a business card, and either a recipe card or mini-flyer that has a recipe and info about the services offered through PC. You can use postcards as the flyers or as recipe cards. Micah might even want to help you hand them out!

Walmart has boxes of sticker magnets that fit perfectly on the back of a business card. They are like, $16 for 100. I like the smartie idea, and your business card on a magnet, people love fridge magnets, and then they have your info handy!

Catalogs and recipe cards at the bank...maybe a stand-up plastic frame with an ad of this month's host specials...maybe a drawing for a "free show" (Free Food)?Recipe cards work well for me...one I handed out 2 years ago got me a referral from someone who has never ordered from me, but referred her friend and that person and her boss have already spent $120 in the last 2 months. :)

pamperedchefqueen said:
Walmart has boxes of sticker magnets that fit perfectly on the back of a business card. They are like, $16 for 100. I like the smartie idea, and your business card on a magnet, people love fridge magnets, and then they have your info handy!

NOOOO :eek::eek::eek: I too was once unaware of the amazing deals at Office Max! You can get them much cheaper. I think about $4 for 50?? It's through our Pampered Perks so you need to print the card.

Jules711 said:
NOOOO :eek::eek::eek: I too was once unaware of the amazing deals at Office Max! You can get them much cheaper. I think about $4 for 50?? It's through our Pampered Perks so you need to print the card.

Thanks, Jules!

1. What is "Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May"?

"Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May" is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef to introduce new products, recipes, and business opportunities to our consultants and customers.

2. When is "Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May" taking place?

The event typically takes place during the last week of May, as the name suggests. However, the exact dates may vary from year to year, so be sure to check our website or ask your consultant for the specific dates.

3. Is "Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the event is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and our products. It's a great opportunity for potential consultants to get a taste of what we have to offer and for customers to see what's new.

4. How can I attend "Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May"?

You can attend the event by purchasing a ticket through our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant. Tickets typically go on sale a few months before the event, so keep an eye out for announcements and reminders.

5. What can I expect at "Exploring New Opportunities: Last Week in May"?

At the event, you can expect to see live cooking demonstrations, product showcases, and business training sessions. You'll also have the opportunity to network with other Pampered Chef consultants and customers and sample some of our delicious products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • straitfan