• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried freezing these mint triangles for self-control?

In summary, the cookies need to be refrigerated, and using a food processor or Mix N Chop to chop them up is an option.
kam
Staff member
I am making these for a NYE party.

1. Do these have to be refrigerated? The recipe didn't say, but the bark is mixed with cream cheese... so I am thinking "yes".

2. Has anyone used a food processor to chop up the cookies. I know, at a show, we would want to use the meat tenderizer. But it took me a very long time and I was thinking I could have used the food processor. Has anyone done that for this recipes? I am not sure if the food processor would make it too fine. Or how hey would chop in a food procesoor since the cookies are kind of filled.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I hesitated putting these on my show recipe list just for the fact of having to smash the cookies into the baking sheet using my hands. Even though I was at home and could have done that today, I didn't feel like using my hands. So I used a sheet of parchment paper instead and pressed down on that and flattened it out. Worked like a charm! If I ever do this at a show, now I won't have to actually put my hands all over the base.

I haven't made the mint triangles, but I do have a recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake that uses Oreos as the crust. I use my Magic Bullet to crush (or pulverize, really) the Oreos, and it works fine. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the cookies in the triangles recipe.

NooraK said:
I haven't made the mint triangles, but I do have a recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake that uses Oreos as the crust. I use my Magic Bullet to crush (or pulverize, really) the Oreos, and it works fine. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the cookies in the triangles recipe.

I have QVC's version of the Magic Bullet - and I hadn't even thought of using that! Good idea. Thanks! I will definitely use that next time.

I did it both ways, meat tenderizer and food processor, i like food processor better because i like it with fine crumbs, meat tenderizer's weren't very even and a little too big of clumps for me! but either way they taste great!

I liked using the Mix N Chop in one of our stainless bowls. If you are doing it for a show you can chop half of them before the show and then have a guest help chop the rest while you are doing something else.

kam said:
Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I hesitated putting these on my show recipe list just for the fact of having to smash the cookies into the baking sheet using my hands. Even though I was at home and could have done that today, I didn't feel like using my hands. So I used a sheet of parchment paper instead and pressed down on that and flattened it out. Worked like a charm! If I ever do this at a show, now I won't have to actually put my hands all over the base.

Why would you hesitate using your hands? Your hands are the best cooking utensils that we have. I love getting in and mixing things up with my hands. If people at a show don't like it (if that's your concern), then wash your hands in front of them or wear gloves.

leftymac said:
Why would you hesitate using your hands? Your hands are the best cooking utensils that we have. I love getting in and mixing things up with my hands. If people at a show don't like it (if that's your concern), then wash your hands in front of them or wear gloves.

I totally agree! I also worked in kitchens of restaurants before the gloves came around. I get SO much more done & faster!! :chef:

Yep, I use gloves. The ones available on the supply order are perfect.

I use the Mix n Chop in the 6 Qt. SS Bowl to chop up the cookies - it works better than the meat tenderizer, and chops it up fine quite quickly.:thumbup:

Great idea about the Mix N Chop. But at home, I think I will process it.

Anyone have an answer about if they have to be refrigerated?? I have them in the fridge now, but wondering about them sitting out for the party.

kam said:
Great idea about the Mix N Chop. But at home, I think I will process it.

Anyone have an answer about if they have to be refrigerated?? I have them in the fridge now, but wondering about them sitting out for the party.

I've left them out w/ no problem...but I usually keep them in the refrigerator, since I have a very culinarily spoiled 5 year old who wants them cold, because he says it makes the mint taste better. :rolleyes: He has a point...but gheesh, he's only 5!

Thanks for the idea to use the food processor! I refrigerate them, but they can also sit out. I admit that I have also put them in the freezer (cut up) to keep myself from chowing down on them....and discovered that they are good frozen too (just watch the teeth).

We made those by the batchloads before Christmas and refridgerated, frozen or sitting out, they all worked:)
I also used the parchment paper instead of my hands but I used the meat tenderizer to smoosh it down on the pan, it was super easy and super quick (and it was already out because I'd used it to smash the cookies).

OK, I was hoping I could leave them sit out! I will keep them in the fridge until party time and then set them out. I am glad I don't have to worry about them sitting out.

Oh, and I did something different this time. The first time I did these (and still can't remember if I refrigerated them back then or not!) I had a devil of a time with drizzling the choc on top. It looked awful.

So, this time, I left the chocolate white and sprinkled Peppermint Snow on top (broken up candy canes). It is very festive looking. And was so much easier than dealing with the chocolate!

"I admit that I have also put them in the freezer (cut up) to keep myself from chowing down on them....and discovered that they are good frozen too (just watch the teeth)." Susan Robbins

Oh, we have sooo much in common, Susan! :D:D I'm looking so forward to seeing you at the Back to Business Meeting Monday evening!:sing:

One of my hosts made the mint triangles, bagged and tied them with a pretty ribbon and gave them away to her guests! She just wanted to try the recipe! Now she's trying them all - she just became a consultant! :balloon:

What is a "Two Mint Triangle"?

A "Two Mint Triangle" is a versatile tool used for both cutting and serving foods, such as desserts, casseroles, and sandwiches. It is shaped like a triangle with two sharp edges and a handle for easy use.

How do I use a "Two Mint Triangle"?

To use a "Two Mint Triangle", hold the handle with one hand and use the sharp edges to cut through the food. You can also use it to scoop and serve the food once it is cut.

Can I use a "Two Mint Triangle" on non-stick cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use a "Two Mint Triangle" on non-stick cookware as it may scratch the surface. It is best to use it on cutting boards, plates, or other hard surfaces.

Is the "Two Mint Triangle" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Two Mint Triangle" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

What are the benefits of using a "Two Mint Triangle"?

The "Two Mint Triangle" is a useful tool for any kitchen as it can cut and serve a wide variety of foods. It also saves time and effort compared to using separate cutting and serving tools. Additionally, its sharp edges make for precise and clean cuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shannen
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • Careyann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies