• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding an Alternative to Strawberries for a SU Party

In summary, the alternative to strawberries is to sprinkle powdered sugar and chocolate shavings on them, or to use a cherry from a can of pie filling. Other ideas include using a banana slice, marashino cherries, or melted chocolate chips to make a decorative chocolate top.
4kids4me
Is there an alternative to strawberries? I have a SU party tomorrow and I offered to bring these but strawberries are outrageously expensive here. I think they'd look too plain w/o the strawberries, but can't think of anything else. You ladies always have the best ideas! TIA!

Could you just sprinkle powdered suger and chocolate shavings on it?

One cherry from a can of pie filling. There'll be some filling left over that you can use on ice cream, brownies, cake, etc...

I always offer strawberries but I add other options for those who don't like strawberries.

Buy one orange and zest it with the zester, and/or use the Microplane Grater on the orange. Or put a square of baking chocolate in the Cheese Grater to put chocolate shavings on top of the brownies.

I've done colored sprinkles on them and they look great. I've done them without sprinkles and they're fine. I've done them with different colored frostings, and that's always fun! I'm sure if you skipped the strawberries, NOBODY would notice!

I ususally don't put anything on them, but one time I put chocolate sprinkles, on them. They still looked nice. How about drizzling melted choc on them?

I do these all the time, and I never use strawberries. I think they look too drippy on the top if they sit for very long. All of these ideas are great. In the summer time I use a raspberry, blueberry and a sprig of mint, not that it helps you right now. I have done finely grated chocolate on top and they are good to go. I think they are good without anything on top too.

I have made these and used M & M's on them. I picked certain colors to go along with whatever I made them for. When I put the m&M's on the night before the color would drip down the side of the white filling and made them look really neat.

I knew I could count on you ladies for awesome ideas! Now my new problem is picking one, lol! :)

UPDATE - I made these for my Creative Memories meeting this evening, and they were a HUGE hit! And here's an idea that I"m not sure is common knowledge, but they fit PERFECTLY in the deviled egg side of the Chillzane rectangular server! I grated chocolate over top and it looked beautiful against the white background. The only disappointing thing is there were no leftovers to take home!

Also, marashino cherries are good too; & look pretty. I cut them in half & put a half on each brownie:)
Banana slices work well too.

I realize this is a late comment, but you can also make your own decorative chocolate using some melted chocolate chips. Drizzle your design in chocolate on parchment paper then chill it until set. After filling the cups, you can top each one with this decorative chocolate swirl and they look so fancy. I've done letters to spell out a message and special shapes for theme parties.

myinnerchef said:
I realize this is a late comment, but you can also make your own decorative chocolate using some melted chocolate chips. Drizzle your design in chocolate on parchment paper then chill it until set. After filling the cups, you can top each one with this decorative chocolate swirl and they look so fancy. I've done letters to spell out a message and special shapes for theme parties.
That sounds beautiful!!!! I'm definitely trying this next time - thanks!

I did these for an Easter show last year... sprinkled colored coconut and topped them with mini jelly beans. Cut a small piece of black licorice sticking into each side of the top and you have the cutest little Easter basket ever!

pchefkristin said:
I did these for an Easter show last year... sprinkled colored coconut and topped them with mini jelly beans. Cut a small piece of black licorice sticking into each side of the top and you have the cutest little Easter basket ever!

What a great idea:)

1. Can I use other types of berries instead of strawberries for my Pampered Chef SU Party?

Yes, you can definitely use other types of berries as an alternative to strawberries for your Pampered Chef SU Party. Some popular options include blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and even a mix of different berries for a colorful and delicious twist.

2. What if my guests have allergies to strawberries?

If any of your guests have allergies to strawberries, it's important to find a suitable alternative. Fortunately, there are many options such as using a different type of berry or incorporating a non-berry fruit like peaches or mangoes. You can also consider offering a non-fruit option, such as a chocolate or caramel dip for fruit kabobs.

3. Are there any seasonal alternatives to strawberries?

Yes, there are several seasonal alternatives to strawberries depending on the time of year. In the spring and summer, you can use fresh cherries, apricots, or nectarines. In the fall and winter, try using pears, apples, or persimmons. These fruits will add a unique and seasonal touch to your SU Party menu.

4. Can I use frozen berries as an alternative to fresh strawberries?

Yes, you can use frozen berries as an alternative to fresh strawberries. Frozen berries are a convenient option, as they can be stored in the freezer until needed and are available year-round. Just make sure to thaw them beforehand and drain any excess liquid before using them in your recipes.

5. What are some recipe ideas using alternative berries for a SU Party?

There are endless recipe ideas using alternative berries for a SU Party! Some popular options include making berry salsa and serving it with chips or crackers, making a berry salad with a honey-lime dressing, or even incorporating berries into a savory dish like a balsamic berry chicken. You can also use berries as toppings for desserts like cheesecake or ice cream, or make a berry-infused cocktail for adult guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
andrealynne719
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
Replies