• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Tuxedo Brownie Cups be made ahead and with different toppings?

the pecan tassies! They're really easy to make and don't require any baking- just some chopping and mixing. They're also really delicious and a bit more elegant than a brownie. Thanks!The truffle brownie cups can be made ahead, but I don't think they would hold up well because they get really hard. The pecan tassies are a lot easier and would be a good option.
kam
Staff member
I have never made these and want to make these for a get-together. I have some questions for those that have made these:

1. Can they be made ahead? Can I make the brownie cups and the filling the night before and keep them separate and just fill them the night before, or does the filling not hold up overnight in a container??

2. Can I use the brownie part of the Truffle Brownie Cups instead of the brownie part of these? Or is there a big difference in taste? (I know the Truffle one makes half as many as this one.)

3. Any suggestions on other toppings besides Strawberries? I am looking for something other than fruit. I cannot depend on my store to not have moldy strawberries when I need them. :(

Thanks!

Make the brownie part ahead...but not the filling! It not only holds up well, but it also gets really solid. No way to push it through the EAD once it's been in the fridge.

You can also completely make them ahead, and refrigerate them, but it's hard to get any garnishing to stick, because the filling gets solid. I've tried it, and the problem with garnishing them ahead is that if you use sprinkles or chocolate, or even strawberries, it tends to bleed into the filling, and doesn't look as pretty.

what Becky said :)

I just made the filling for this to see how I liked it, and I think that if you took it out of the fridge a little in advance and used a spoon or whisk to fluff it up it would be fine. I spooned mine straight out of the fridge, and it didn't seem too hard, I would have guessed that it would work in the EAD just fine. I used light cream cheese, don't know if that would make a difference.

I liked the filling, but not so much for on a brownie. I made the truffle cups instead, and tried some of this filling on some of them. I MUCH prefer the ganache. Although my cups were a little on the hard side which didn't help - I must have over baked them as I don't normally have that problem, I make these alot!

I think the tuxedo filling would be awesome on top of little raspberry tarts (use pastry circles in the MMP like for the quiches or caramel apple tarts, then spoon in some raspberry jam, or strawberry and bake). Then top with the tuxedo topping once cold. We also loved this spread on graham crackers - kind of like a mini handheld cheesecake!

Thanks! I am so glad I asked. I probably would have made the filling ahead and FREAKED if it got too hard to put in the EAD. I won't get home until 5:15 and have to have erything ready by 7, so I don't think I will risk making the filling ahead and trying to give it time to soften, etc.

The filling shouldn't be too hard that maybe I can whip it together quick.

I don't have good luck with the filling for the Truffle Brownie cups - so I wasn't even going to deal with it. But in case I decide to try, can the Truffle Brownie cups be made the night before, filled and kept in the fridge?

I am looking for a dessert I can make ahead of time, that is bite size (no plates or utensils needed). Last year I made the Pecan Tassies and Profiteroles, so I was trying to find something else. Any suggestions?

kam said:
Thanks! I am so glad I asked. I probably would have made the filling ahead and FREAKED if it got too hard to put in the EAD. I won't get home until 5:15 and have to have erything ready by 7, so I don't think I will risk making the filling ahead and trying to give it time to soften, etc.

The filling shouldn't be too hard that maybe I can whip it together quick.

I don't have good luck with the filling for the Truffle Brownie cups - so I wasn't even going to deal with it. But in case I decide to try, can the Truffle Brownie cups be made the night before, filled and kept in the fridge?

I am looking for a dessert I can make ahead of time, that is bite size (no plates or utensils needed). Last year I made the Pecan Tassies and Profiteroles, so I was trying to find something else. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't put the truffle brownie cups in the fridge, the first time I made them, I put them on one of the chillzannes (thinking they should be kept cool) and they got really hard... they are fine to leave out, they don't go bad.
I would totally recommend that you make the Lemon Tartlets, they are so good and everyone loves them and they are springy-like. I just made up a couple batches and put in the freezer to take to a bake sale next week. Also the Cookie Kisses are really good and easy, the choc chip cookie dough with a kiss in it... but I would recommend the Lemon Tartlets, they're the best!

in my experience the truffle brownie cups are BETTER if you make them the night before. ganache takes awhile to set up and they are quite messy if the ganache is too runny (also try using less cream than the recipe calls for)the truffle brownies are actually the reason i signed up with chef success! i was in the middle of making it and could not figure out why they weren't working the way the recipe said they would, and remembered that i had heard from one of the directors in my cluster about it, so then i came and signed up! i'm so glad i did! :)

1. What are Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

Tuxedo Brownie Cups are a delicious dessert made with layers of rich chocolate brownie and creamy white chocolate cheesecake, topped with a drizzle of chocolate ganache.

2. How do I make Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

To make Tuxedo Brownie Cups, you will need the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan. First, prepare your favorite brownie batter and pour it into the wells of the pan. Next, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract to create the cheesecake layer. Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once cooled, add a chocolate ganache drizzle on top.

3. Can I use a different type of pan to make Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

While the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan is specifically designed for making Tuxedo Brownie Cups, you can use a regular muffin pan as an alternative. Simply line the wells with cupcake liners and follow the same instructions for layering and baking.

4. Can I make Tuxedo Brownie Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Tuxedo Brownie Cups ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to soften.

5. Are Tuxedo Brownie Cups gluten-free?

No, our Tuxedo Brownie Cups are not gluten-free as they contain regular all-purpose flour. However, you can try using a gluten-free brownie mix and crust for a gluten-free option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • atpchef