• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake Recipe and Tips for Success

R
RachelNguyen
Hi all,

When you make this cake, do you invert it onto a platter? Could you just leave it in the skillet and pour all the stuff on top, like with the molten brownie?

I don't think I have a platter big enough to invert it onto!

Thanks,
Rachel

You could do it in the skillet, I guess. It just looks so pretty on the large SA square platter.

I always left mine in the pan because i didn't have a platter. It still turns out okay. The first piece is hard to get out but after that it turns out fine.

You can always turn it out onto your Large Round Stone!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

It's best to flip it out. I've used my large round stone on the woven server and the stone just fades away....you don't really notice it's a stone.

1. Do I have to invert the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake onto a platter?

Technically, no, you do not have to invert the cake onto a platter. You can leave it in the skillet and pour the toppings on top, similar to a molten brownie. However, inverting the cake onto a platter can make for a more visually appealing presentation.

2. Can I use a different type of pan besides a skillet?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan, but keep in mind that the cooking time and texture of the cake may be affected. A skillet is recommended for this recipe because it distributes heat evenly and allows for a crispy outer layer.

3. Can I make this cake without eggs?

Unfortunately, this recipe requires eggs as they help with the structure and texture of the cake. However, there are many egg substitutes available in the market that you can try, such as flax eggs or applesauce.

4. Can I use store-bought caramel sauce for the toppings?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce for convenience. However, making your own caramel sauce from scratch will elevate the flavor of the cake even more.

5. How do I store leftover Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

Leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave for a few seconds or warm in the oven at a low temperature. Keep in mind that the toppings may become slightly runny when reheated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies