• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Turtle Fudge Cake Recipe for Your First Show - Perfect for 25 Guests!

In summary, the recipe for Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is a delicious dessert made with devil's food cake mix, melted chocolate and caramel topping, and chopped pecans. It is baked in a skillet and can also be made in a rectangular baker. It is recommended to serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
basketmom2
Hi, I have my very first show Tuesday night and am trying to decide what to make! I was going to make the Garden Veg. Pizza, but I made one and my friend didn't really like it that much. I may have about 25 people there and am a nervous wreck!!! If you have any suggestions for other recipes I would oh so much appreciate it :)

Thanks!

Here you goTurtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Submitted by RINI

Recipe:
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

2. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate.

3. Chop chocolate. Combine half of the caramel topping with chocolate in a bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake.

4. Chop pecans; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g

ThanksSounds yummy, here is a silly question, does this just get baked in a 9x 13 pan? Thanks again!

sheilanyc said:
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

It's made in the Skillet :D

I made it and they liked it!Shows off the family skillet (perfect for Feb. pan o rama) and everyone loved it!

I don't have the panI don't have the skillet yet, could I use the bar pan or the round stone? Thanks a bunch :)

Rectangular BakerDo you have the rectangular baker? It'll work in that.

Diane

P.S. It really is good!

Hi there! Congratulations on your first show! Don't worry, I'm sure it will be a success. As for recipe suggestions, I highly recommend our Delicious Turtle Fudge Cake. It's a crowd-pleaser and perfect for a group of 25 guests. It's also super easy to make with our handy Pampered Chef tools. Let me know if you need any help with the recipe or any other tips for your show. Best of luck!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Turtle Fudge Cake?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe are: 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 jar of caramel sauce, 1 cup of chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a moist cake mix for the best results.

3. How long does it take to make the Turtle Fudge Cake?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is approximately 45 minutes. This includes baking the cake, letting it cool, and assembling the layers.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make this recipe in advance. The cake can be baked and assembled up to 2 days in advance. Just cover and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.

5. Can I substitute the pecans for a different type of nut?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans for any nut of your choice. Some great alternatives are walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. You can also omit the nuts entirely if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • smama07