1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Turtle Fudge Cake recipe

1. basketmom2

basketmom2 Novice Member

Hi, I have my very first show Tuesday night and am trying to decide what to make! I was going to make the Garden Veg. Pizza, but I made one and my friend didn't really like it that much. I may have about 25 people there and am a nervous wreck!!! If you have any suggestions for other recipes I would oh so much appreciate it :)

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2006
  2. sheilanyc

sheilanyc Novice Member

Here you go

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
    Submitted by RINI

Recipe:
    1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
    1 tablespoon butter or margarine
    4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
    1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
    1/2 cup pecans, chopped
    Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

2. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate.

3. Chop chocolate. Combine half of the caramel topping with chocolate in a bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake.

4. Chop pecans; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g

Jan 30, 2006
  3. basketmom2

basketmom2 Novice Member

Thanks

Sounds yummy, here is a silly question, does this just get baked in a 9x 13 pan? Thanks again!

Jan 30, 2006
  4. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

It's made in the Skillet :D

Jan 30, 2006
  5. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I made it and they liked it!

Shows off the family skillet (perfect for Feb. pan o rama) and everyone loved it!

Jan 30, 2006
  6. basketmom2

basketmom2 Novice Member

I don't have the pan

I don't have the skillet yet, could I use the bar pan or the round stone? Thanks a bunch :)

Jan 30, 2006
  7. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Rectangular Baker

Do you have the rectangular baker? It'll work in that.

Diane

P.S. It really is good!

Jan 30, 2006
Have something to add?