• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Cake recipe

basketmom2

Novice Member
Jan 30, 2006
Hi, I have my very first show Tuesday night and am trying to decide what to make! I was going to make the Garden Veg. Pizza, but I made one and my friend didn't really like it that much. I may have about 25 people there and am a nervous wreck!!! If you have any suggestions for other recipes I would oh so much appreciate it :)

Thanks!

sheilanyc

Novice Member
Dec 13, 2005
Here you go

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Submitted by RINI

Recipe:
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

2. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove to cooling rack. Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert cake onto heat-proof serving plate.

3. Chop chocolate. Combine half of the caramel topping with chocolate in a bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake.

4. Chop pecans; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g

basketmom2

Novice Member
Jan 30, 2006
Thanks

Sounds yummy, here is a silly question, does this just get baked in a 9x 13 pan? Thanks again!

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
sheilanyc said:
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a bowl; beat until smooth. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.

It's made in the Skillet :D

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
I made it and they liked it!

Shows off the family skillet (perfect for Feb. pan o rama) and everyone loved it!

basketmom2

Novice Member
Jan 30, 2006
I don't have the pan

I don't have the skillet yet, could I use the bar pan or the round stone? Thanks a bunch :)

dianevill

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Rectangular Baker

Do you have the rectangular baker? It'll work in that.

Diane

P.S. It really is good!