• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Turkey Recipes - Looking for Ideas!

In summary, to make a moist and flavorful turkey, brine it for at least 24 hours before cooking and baste it with butter or oil during the cooking process. Some creative ways to season a turkey are using a dry rub, injecting it with marinade, or stuffing it with aromatics. The general cooking time for a turkey is 13 minutes per pound at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, but using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure it is fully cooked. While it is possible to cook a turkey in a slow cooker, it is not recommended for safety reasons. Some delicious side dishes to serve with turkey include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and green bean casserole. More unique options include
chefmatula
Gold Member
I'm looking for some turkey recipes. (Not ground turkey) If I could get some ideas, I'd really appreciate it!!!

I already have the turkey cranberry ring, but any others would be fantastic!:thumbup:

i'm doing the autumn risotto but instead of chicken & cranberrries, using turkey & cranberries.

Is it easy?? I haven't made it yet.....

Super easy and really yummy!!

Hi there! I would be happy to share some delicious turkey recipes with you. How about trying a roasted turkey with herb butter? Simply mix softened butter with your favorite herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, and sage, and spread it under the skin of the turkey before roasting. This will create a flavorful and moist turkey. Another option is to make a turkey pot pie with leftover turkey, vegetables, and a creamy sauce, topped with a flaky pie crust. And for a twist on traditional Thanksgiving flavors, you can make a turkey and sweet potato casserole, layering sliced turkey and sweet potatoes with a creamy sauce and topping it with breadcrumbs and cheese. I hope these ideas inspire you for your next turkey dish! Happy cooking!

1. How do I make a moist and flavorful turkey?

To make a moist and flavorful turkey, try brining the turkey for at least 24 hours before cooking. This will help infuse the turkey with flavor and keep it juicy. Another tip is to baste the turkey with butter or oil throughout the cooking process to add moisture and enhance the flavor.

2. What are some creative ways to season a turkey?

Some creative ways to season a turkey include using a dry rub with a combination of herbs and spices, injecting the turkey with a marinade, or stuffing the turkey with aromatics like citrus, herbs, and onions. You can also try using flavored butters or glazes to add unique flavor to your turkey.

3. How long should I cook my turkey and at what temperature?

The general rule for cooking a turkey is to roast it for 13 minutes per pound at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the best way to ensure your turkey is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey (usually the thigh) and make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I cook a turkey in a slow cooker?

Yes, it is possible to cook a turkey in a slow cooker, but it is not recommended for safety reasons. Slow cookers do not get hot enough to kill bacteria, so there is a risk of foodborne illness. If you do choose to cook a turkey in a slow cooker, make sure to use a small turkey that will fit in the slow cooker and follow all safety guidelines.

5. What are some delicious side dishes to serve with turkey?

Some delicious side dishes to serve with turkey include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and green bean casserole. You can also try more unique side dishes like sweet potato casserole, quinoa salad, or roasted brussels sprouts with bacon. Don't forget to serve some warm dinner rolls or cornbread on the side as well!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • Dina Atnip
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • heat123