• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Whole Turkey for Sunday Get-Together!

In summary, the cooking time for a whole turkey will vary depending on its weight, but as a general rule, cook the turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350°F. It is recommended to cook the stuffing separately for food safety reasons, but if you prefer to stuff the turkey, make sure the stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. To ensure the turkey stays moist while cooking, basting it every 30 minutes with melted butter or broth and covering it with foil for the first two hours can help. It is important to let the turkey rest for 20-30 minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute. The best way to determine if the turkey is done is by using a meat thermometer or checking for clear
samcmills
I am cooking a whole turkey this year, we are having a friend get-together Sunday to play games, I have a 20 pound turkey.

Just wondered if anyone has cooked a whole turkey in the rectangular lid/bowl and rectangle deep dish baker before, any tips, suggestions.

I am going to use the recipe with leeks and granny smith apples in the celebrate cookbook I think. I also plan on brining the turkey to make it really moist.

Also anyone have any turkey salad recipes that are good for the leftovers (if there are any).

I did!I just cooked a turkey in the rectangle baker two days ago and it came out perfect! It was just the breast, with bone, but it was so juicy and perfectly golden brown . . . Yum! I got great pan drippings to make gravy, and of course it was a breeze to clean! I actually roasted mine skin side down for the first two hours, then flipped it over to brown the top. This keeps the white meat from drying out. HTH!
Jen

Jennifer, did you put any veggies in the bottom to make a rack? Or did you just place the turkey directly in the stoneware?

1. How long should I cook a whole turkey for a Sunday get-together?

The cooking time for a whole turkey will vary depending on its weight. As a general rule, cook the turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350°F. For example, a 15-pound turkey should cook for about 3 hours and 45 minutes.

2. Should I stuff the turkey or cook the stuffing separately?

It is recommended to cook the stuffing separately for food safety reasons. However, if you prefer to stuff the turkey, make sure the stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

3. How do I ensure the turkey stays moist while cooking?

Basting the turkey with melted butter or broth every 30 minutes can help keep it moist. You can also cover the turkey loosely with foil for the first two hours of cooking to prevent the skin from drying out.

4. Should I let the turkey rest before carving it?

Yes, it is important to let the turkey rest for at least 20-30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the meat moist and tender.

5. How do I know when the turkey is done?

The best way to determine if the turkey is done is by using a meat thermometer. The thickest part of the turkey, such as the breast or inner thigh, should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. You can also check for doneness by piercing the turkey with a fork. If the juices run clear and not pink, the turkey is cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • tloudermilk
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef