• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Turkey Breast in the DCB Microwave: A Recipe Guide

In summary, the turkey breast in the microwave took about 40 minutes, was lightly oiled, and cooked without a lid. The chicken turned out great.
lrice
Has anyone cooked a turkey breast in the DCB in the microwave? A host wants to do this for her show next week and I can't find a recipe.

Would love to know this as well! Turkey breast are pretty cheap right now!

One of my hosts does this alot. I will have to contact her for the cooking time.

dont know about the turkey breast...but just re-iterating that the 1 lb. pork tenderloins are the "bomb"...had 1 I picked up from walmart...it was a teriyaki marinated one...thought I'd try it...it take about 14 minutes, but is absolutely delicious...juicy and sliced right up....

Sorry y'all. She did the JennyO turkey breast thing not a "real" breast. I'm not much help.

Well, I guess I'll just have to give it a try. . . Thanks for checking. I'll let you know.

No, I haven't done the breast in the microwave, but in the oven. I would think that you should be able to find an oven/microwave time conversion table online. When I preapered mine in the oven, I simply used a variation of the 30 min chicken recipe and placed garlic cloves under the skin and it turned out wonderfully. My only suggestion is to make sure the breast is not taller than the DCB; mine was, I had to lay it down on it's side, cooked it for 1/2 of the time and then flipped it onto the other side...it was the juciest turkey breast I've ever had. Good Luck!!

lrice said:
Well, I guess I'll just have to give it a try. . . Thanks for checking. I'll let you know.

Please let us know how the turkey breast turned out. I'd suggest that you use our thermometer to make sure the thickest part of the breast has reached 180 degrees before you serve it.

Well, I finally did the turkey breast in my DCB. It was a Jennie-O turkey breast about 6.5 lbs. and in my microwave, it took about 40 min. I lightly coated it with EVOO and salt and pepper. I cooked it without the lid. After it reached 165 degrees, I took it out of the oven, covered it and let it rest for about 10 min. I thought it turned out GREAT!

Thank you! I can't wait to try this.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try! Did the chicken this weekend and got raves from my parents and MIL!

1. Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the DCB microwave?

Yes, you can cook a frozen turkey breast in the DCB microwave. Follow the same instructions as for a thawed turkey breast, but add an additional 10-15 minutes of cooking time to ensure it is thoroughly cooked.

2. How long does it take to cook a turkey breast in the DCB microwave?

The cooking time varies depending on the size of the turkey breast. As a general guideline, it takes approximately 9-10 minutes per pound to cook a turkey breast in the DCB microwave. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F for food safety.

3. Do I need to cover the turkey breast while cooking in the DCB microwave?

It is recommended to cover the turkey breast with a piece of parchment paper or microwave-safe lid to prevent splattering and to retain moisture during cooking. Make sure to leave a small opening for steam to escape.

4. Can I use the DCB microwave to cook a stuffed turkey breast?

No, it is not recommended to cook a stuffed turkey breast in the DCB microwave. The stuffing may not reach a safe temperature in the allotted cooking time, increasing the risk of foodborne illness. It is best to cook the stuffing separately.

5. Can I add seasonings or marinade to the turkey breast before cooking in the DCB microwave?

Yes, you can add seasonings or marinade to the turkey breast before cooking in the DCB microwave. This will help enhance the flavor of the turkey. However, avoid using large amounts of oil-based marinades as they may cause splattering in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• margit miller
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • pamperedval