1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Turkey in DBC?

1. lrice

lrice Member

Has anyone cooked a turkey breast in the DCB in the microwave? A host wants to do this for her show next week and I can't find a recipe.

Jun 14, 2009
  2. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Would love to know this as well! Turkey breast are pretty cheap right now!

Jun 14, 2009
  3. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

One of my hosts does this alot. I will have to contact her for the cooking time.

Jun 14, 2009
  4. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

dont know about the turkey breast...but just re-iterating that the 1 lb. pork tenderloins are the "bomb"...had 1 I picked up from walmart...it was a teriyaki marinated one...thought I'd try it...it take about 14 minutes, but is absolutely delicious...juicy and sliced right up....

Jun 14, 2009
  5. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

Sorry y'all. She did the JennyO turkey breast thing not a "real" breast. I'm not much help.

Jun 14, 2009
  6. lrice

lrice Member

Well, I guess I'll just have to give it a try. . . Thanks for checking. I'll let you know.

Jun 15, 2009
  7. No, I haven't done the breast in the microwave, but in the oven. I would think that you should be able to find an oven/microwave time conversion table online. When I preapered mine in the oven, I simply used a variation of the 30 min chicken recipe and placed garlic cloves under the skin and it turned out wonderfully. My only suggestion is to make sure the breast is not taller than the DCB; mine was, I had to lay it down on it's side, cooked it for 1/2 of the time and then flipped it onto the other side...it was the juciest turkey breast I've ever had. Good Luck!!

Jun 15, 2009
  8. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Please let us know how the turkey breast turned out. I'd suggest that you use our thermometer to make sure the thickest part of the breast has reached 180 degrees before you serve it.

Jun 16, 2009
  9. lrice

lrice Member

Well, I finally did the turkey breast in my DCB. It was a Jennie-O turkey breast about 6.5 lbs. and in my microwave, it took about 40 min. I lightly coated it with EVOO and salt and pepper. I cooked it without the lid. After it reached 165 degrees, I took it out of the oven, covered it and let it rest for about 10 min. I thought it turned out GREAT!

Jun 21, 2009
  10. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Thank you! I can't wait to try this.

Jun 22, 2009
  11. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try! Did the chicken this weekend and got raves from my parents and MIL!

Jun 22, 2009
Have something to add?