1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Turkey in a bag?

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Has anyone ever tried this? And does anyone know if you can make the turkey in a bag in an electric roaster instead of the oven? Thinking about trying this for Thanksgiving, saw it on Allrecipes.com and it got great reviews, but I have to make mine in an electric roaster to free up oven space for other things...

Nov 25, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

The instructions on my oven bags from Reynolds says not to use them in an electric roaster...

I'm using my crockpot to make the stuffing to free up oven space. I'm also making the sweet potatoes today in my Oval Baker, and then tomorrow I"ll reheat in the microwave...

Nov 25, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

Hmmm, bummer... I was hoping to be able to try it. I have to make my corn bake and that takes an hour in the oven and my oven is a convection and that stupid fan takes up so much room that there isn't enough room in the oven for a turkey and the DCB... Guess I'll have to skip the bag... thanks for checking that for me Becky! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 25, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Paula!

Have you thought about doing the corn bake in the micro in the DCB? I've never tried that, but I have made the cheesy potatoes in the micro in it, and it turned out great...but then, maybe Thanksgiving isn't when you want to experiment? :eek:

Nov 25, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

Yeah, I know I thought about that, but have never tried it before and it kind of rises so don't know if that would work in the microwave... I'll figure it out, I bought some bags just in case I can work it out. Maybe cook the turkey until I have to put the corn bake in and just put it in the electric roaster to keep warm? You have to let it rest for a certain amount of time anyway before you carve it, right? So, that might work... I'll have to check my roaster pan (I don't have the PC one:cry: so not even sure if the one that I have will hold my 20 pound turkey!)... thanks!!

Nov 25, 2009
Have something to add?