• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Holiday Recipe: Turkey Cranberry Wreath (No Cooking Required!)

In summary, a wreath can be made with chicken or turkey cutlets, and mayonnaise, honey, Dijon, pepper, celery, and parsley can be used. It is recommended to preheat the oven to 375°F and to roll out the Crescent rolls, place the turkey in the center, and then top with the filling. The egg white can be beaten and brushed on top of the dough before baking.
JWorks
Silver Member
ok here is my problem, my hostess on sunday wants to do the turkey cranberry wreath. i have never cooked a turkey!!! i dont know why i am so intimitated by this, but i was wondering is there anything i can use besides cooking a turkey. i know tyson makes already cooked chicken, does anyone sell turkey like that? help any suggestions

I just did this with sliced turkey (sandwich meat) and it turned out o.k. You can also buy just the breast to cook, and the cooked turkey (like the chicken slices). It is really yummy! Good luck!

I just use the turkey "chunk" that they sell. Might be butterball, might be Louis Rick, not sure about the brand. But it comes in a wierd shape hunk, sorry about the lack of descripting words, but I used that for a wreath this summer and it came out great.

BTW... there's nothing to cooking a turkey. In a nutshell, get a good roaster (I heard PC makes an awesome one and it's 60% off for hostesss in November !!!) Make sure it's defrosted if it was a frozen bird. Rinse and pat dry. Stuff or not stuff, it's your choice (I personally am a stuffer, and I use the measure-all cup to stuff the bird). Place bird, breast side up, in pan. I rub my birds with olive oil, salt and pepper, and whatever spices I feel like, generally sage, thyme, rosemary, etc. Add some liquid to the pan (I use wine, or broth) In the oven it goes. There is a formula for how many minutes per pound. Mine always take longer.

I generally don't mess with it for the first hour or two. Then check it and see if the top is getting too brown, if so, just baste with the juices and tent it with foil.

Just like a roast chicken, but bigger.

My first turkey, years ago, I left the plastic bag with the giblets, etc in the front end. Didn't know about that end, went to check on it after 30-40 min and boy, did that turkey fly out of that oven!!! My poor Dad couldn't figure how what I was doing!!

I only use deli turkey. I tell the host to get 8 thick cut slices. Everyone always loves this recipe. This is the 2nd fall season that I am making it this way.

Good Luck

thank you all so much1 i am just glad i dont have to cook a turkey

Another option would be the turkey cutlets they sell. You could just cook them in the skillet and chop them up w/ the food chopper.

I had a host but chicken for this recipie. It turned out just fine.

I used canned chunk turkey...made by Hormel, found next to the tuna / canned chicken..came out just fine!!

Chicken works just as well. i stay away from the canned stuff in these recipes as it has a strange texture.

I have used chicken and it turns out great!

Does anyone have a copy of this recipe (turkey cranberry wreath)....I'd love to try it. Please post or email me private...TIA

Here you go!

Turkey Cranberry Wreath
Source: Season's Best Fall/Winter 2000 Recipe Collection - Pampered Chef
2 pkg. (235g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 T. honey Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 C. cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 C. celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 C. dried cranberries
4 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded (1cup)
1/4 C. walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 egg, separated
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond of Baking Stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching ends. Seal seams using Dough and Pizza Roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)
Measure mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper into Classic Batter Bowl. Grate cheese into Batter Bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Mix filling using Min 'N Scraper. Using Medium Scoop, scoop filling over seams of dough forming a circle.
Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangle, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.
Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut and serve using Slice 'N Serve. Yields 10 servings.
Per serving: 363 calories; 17 g protein; 24g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 521 mg sodium

Oh wow, that sounds good. A host in December wants to do a holiday themed recipe... I think this would be perfect! Great for leftover turkey!

I did this recipe ALOT last fall and I just did it a show last night. I use two cans of turkey and it turns out great. In fact I think I like it better with canned turkey...

They also sell in the deli of the store. Just the turkey breast to cook...like chicken. Sometimes it is even rotisserie(sp)....at least here in my stores.

I made this at 4 of shows last fall and gave it out as a recipe to the others...i don't recommend the walnuts. It just gives it a weird texture and taste.

Reduced Fat Crescent RollsI would love to do this wreath but I know that many of my customers prefer something a little less fatty. Has anyone ever tried the Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls for this wreath or any other wreath? I am wondering if it still comes out tasting alright...

chefmelody said:
Oh wow, that sounds good. A host in December wants to do a holiday themed recipe... I think this would be perfect! Great for leftover turkey!

This is a GREAT "how to use your leftover turkey" show recipe. You can also do the Chicken Broccoli braid with turkey as a leftover-user-upper (I know that's not a word, but it's Monday!). Or the Lemon chicken Rice Soup (It's Good for You cookbook).

bklofft said:
I would love to do this wreath but I know that many of my customers prefer something a little less fatty. Has anyone ever tried the Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls for this wreath or any other wreath? I am wondering if it still comes out tasting alright...

I can't tell the difference. I made a ring with one side regular crescents & the other side with reduced fat and they tasted and looked the same - I even had my hubby do a side by side taste test and he couldn't tell. Now all I buy are the reduced fat ones (they still have a lot of fat though!)

This is one of my faves! I like the Chicken Club Ring too - yummy!

One more suggestion for the recipe: see if your supermarket carries Purdue's Short Cuts. They make a roast turkey now and a 10 oz. package is perfect for the wreath recipe. I usually tell my hosts to get the Short Cuts for all of my wreaths/rings that call for chicken or turkey. Quick, easy, works like a charm!

HTH,

Mary

pamperedlinda said:
I can't tell the difference. I made a ring with one side regular crescents & the other side with reduced fat and they tasted and looked the same - I even had my hubby do a side by side taste test and he couldn't tell. Now all I buy are the reduced fat ones (they still have a lot of fat though!)

This is one of my faves! I like the Chicken Club Ring too - yummy!

Thanks Linda...That's what I was hoping to hear! :)

bklofft said:
Thanks Linda...That's what I was hoping to hear! :)

Glad I could help......I hope you have the same results :)

I am doing this for a host who requested a lower fat recipe. I tried it out for dinner the other night using light mayo and reduced fat cresent rolls. It was wonderful!

What is a "Turkey Cranberry Wreath"?

The Turkey Cranberry Wreath is a delicious and festive dish made with flaky crescent rolls, seasoned turkey, tangy cranberry sauce, and creamy cheese. It is shaped into a wreath for a beautiful presentation and is perfect for holiday gatherings.

How do I prepare the Turkey Cranberry Wreath?

To prepare the Turkey Cranberry Wreath, first unroll the crescent roll dough and arrange it on a baking sheet in a circle with the pointed ends facing outwards. Then, add a layer of seasoned turkey, followed by a layer of cranberry sauce, and finally a layer of shredded cheese. Fold the pointed ends of the dough over the filling and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

What ingredients are needed to make the Turkey Cranberry Wreath?

To make the Turkey Cranberry Wreath, you will need crescent roll dough, cooked and seasoned turkey, cranberry sauce, and shredded cheese. You can also add in additional ingredients like chopped pecans or herbs to customize the flavor.

Can the Turkey Cranberry Wreath be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Turkey Cranberry Wreath can be assembled and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. Keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the wreath is cold when placed in the oven.

Is the Turkey Cranberry Wreath a gluten-free option?

No, the Turkey Cranberry Wreath is not a gluten-free option as it contains crescent roll dough. However, you can try using a gluten-free dough or substitute with a gluten-free wrap or tortilla for a similar result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedinvegas
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary