• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turkey Cranberry Wreath Question?

In summary, Debbie is trying to make a turkey cranberry wreath for a show, but she's not sure how to do it. She recommends using chicken instead of turkey, and using pre-made turkey breast instead of fresh turkey if necessary. She also recommends using crescent rolls, pizza roller, and chicken if turkey isn't available.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I'm trying to make this and looking at the directions I can't see what to do with the cranberries? Are they just a garnish? Should they go in the ring?? Anyone made this before? Please help...I have a party tonight and we're making this now...a head of time!! Thanks for any help :)

They go into the mixture

Turkey Cranberry WreathTurkey Cranberry Wreath

2 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 T. honey Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 C. cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 C. celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 C. dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups (5 oz) Swiss cheese, shredded
1 egg, separated

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center. arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond of baking stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center. matching ends. Seal seams using pizza roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)

Combine in Classic Batter bowl or Stainless steel bowl, Turkey, 1 cup cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayo, mustard, and pepper, mix well. Scoop filling evenly over each triangle.

Coarsely chop walnuts; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangle, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.

Separate egg over bowl. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top if you desire. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yields 8 servings or 16 if cut in half!

Debbie :D

I made this last night for a show and it was a hit! They loved it. I am not good at making the wreath so I did the braid. One guest actually said it would be good with almonds in it.

HA! I'm doing this at a few show this month, and I stink at making the wreath too. Has anyone done it as a "ring?"

I do all the fillings as rings. The wreath is too difficult to explain and I've only done the braid once. The ring is just more impressive, IMO.

I like to do all the different designs. The ring is easy, but I like the braid because it's easier to pour the filling onto it. I just pour it out of the bowl and spread it around. The braid is just a cross and twist. I'm sure it looks fine when you do it.

I'm making this for a show on Friday - what kind of turkey do you use? The only turkeys that I see are frozen and HUGE.

Thanks!

Turkey lunchmeat works fine, as does cut up cooked turkey.

Split turkey breasts work wellI buy the split turkey breasts from the meat dept. and bring them to my shows. Prior to the show I debone them with the boning knife, store it in a zip bag with basic seasoning and a little canola oil and explain boning it during the show. Just prior to the show, I'll micro cook it in the DCB for approx 15 minutes depending on weight and have it cooling while guests arrive. They can smell it and always ask what it is. Right from the start, I'm going over the DCB and forged cutlery. So that the crescent rolls don't get to soft & doughy, I mix up the filling first and set it aside, then lay out the rolls in the ring pattern. For me, it's easier to work with cold crescent rolls. I've been doing this recipe for most of my Nov. shows & it's a big hit. Selling lots of DCB's, forged cutlery & round stones!

I use Perdue Short Cuts Roasted Turkey. It's prefectly cooked and seasoned well - and one whole package is the perfect amount for the recipe. If that isn't available, I just have the host get Purdue Short Cuts Roasted Chicken (original flavor). If all else fails, I will just use regular chicken (b/l s/l breasts cooked in a skillet with salt and pepper) and tell them that even though we are using chicken tonight, this is a great way to use up your leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.

If you don't have turkey on hand you can use chicken and it tastes just as good.
I love doing the wreath! I don't think it is too hard to do, and I have found guests just love the finished product.

I've never done a ring or wreath or braid before... I'm confused on the whole concept. I need a "Rings, Wreaths and Braids for Dummies" book I think :eek:p

There's several pages in the All The Best cookbook that are essentially the "for dummies" how-to. :)

I dont have that one yet... I'm thinking it may be a worthy investment!

What ingredients are needed to make a Turkey Cranberry Wreath?

To make a Turkey Cranberry Wreath, you will need cooked turkey, cranberry sauce, shredded cheese, crescent roll dough, and mayonnaise. You can also add additional seasonings or toppings to suit your taste.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of turkey?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked meat such as chicken, ham, or even vegetarian options like tofu or tempeh. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I make the Turkey Cranberry Wreath ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the wreath and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Simply cover it with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.

Can I use homemade cranberry sauce instead of store-bought?

Yes, you can use homemade cranberry sauce if you prefer. Just make sure it is cooled before adding it to the wreath to prevent the dough from getting soggy.

How do I serve the Turkey Cranberry Wreath?

You can serve the wreath as a main dish, appetizer, or even as part of a holiday spread. To serve as an appetizer, cut into slices and serve with toothpicks. For a main dish, serve with a side salad or vegetables. Enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • pamperedinvegas
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pchefpatti13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies